Bombardier Aerospace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.7

PLM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Professional and to the point. Need to make sure the candidate has sound experience in PLM and can contribute efficiently to project outcome. There is phone to phone and in person interview. The process may be different now.

Flight Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Wichita, KS).

Interview

The whole process took at least a month. It was a panel interview (3 officials related to flight testing). Behavioral questions were asked. At the end, technical questions relating to the profession were asked. Pilot experience can be very helpful as you get to know more practical stuff relating to aircraft performance and operations. Almost all people I know in this role have a pilot license. The role of an FTE is not similar to a traditional aerospace engineering design career. And trust me, it isn't for everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a peer who isn't doing his best?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Tucson, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews. One screening call with recruiter to make sure I met the qualifications. One with hiring manager and HR rep. They offered me the job based on the phone interview and without a face to face meeting.

-Be prepared for a lot of behavioral/situational interview questions. They are trying to determine if you have leadership skills, organizational skills, able to improve workflow or processes without having to hold your hand, and you are able to maintain a professional demeanor at work. Have real life examples of how you handle conflict, how you showed leadership, being able to describe a project you initiated or contributed to will go over well.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me some ways you are able to keep yourself organized throughout the day.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a coworker was resistant to change and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you improved the relationship with a internal or external customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you want to work for Bombardier and why you like supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me a fair offer initially. I counter offered asking for moving expenses, they accepted. They whole negotiation process took about 2 days.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician A&P Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on line, received a call a couple weeks later. The interview was laid back with 2 managers, they kept it fairly relaxed. After the interview we took a tour of the facility and left it with, thank you for the interview and hope to speak again.
    3 weeks later received an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly simple, original offer was a little low but I did go high in the interview. We the counter was easy, didn't get what I wanted but also didn't expect it. Was a fair offer

Business Analyst () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Wichita, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Business Analyst Intern position and heard from the corporate recruiter a day later, I had a scheduled 30 minute interview with her two days after she contacted me initially. Nine days later I had an onsite interview with my Manager/Supervisor and another Supervisor. It was probably one of the greatest interview situations I've ever had. It was very conversational and I truly felt comfortable. They managed to flow from one question to the next in a way that didn't put the interviewee in a tough position, their aim was to get to know you and understand your experience, as well as develop an understanding with you as a person. I appreciated that. I was eager to know if all went well, and about a week later I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a scenario where you had to go out of your way to help another individual?   Answer Question
    • Describe your goals and ambitions, where do you see yourself in the near future?   Answer Question

Aircraft Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I gave two phone interviews. They hired me as contractor for 3 months than they offered me full time job later.
    They look at your performance in that 90 days before you get hired.

Interview Questions

• why i chose aviation as career   1 Answer

Methods Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Wichita, KS).

Interview

The interview process was very vanilla, however after I was hired I realized they had lied to me during the interview process. Numerous issues that were very relevant to the position/specialty I was hired for were grossly misrepresented. Once I figured this out, I confronted my Director who interviewed me. He indicated it was company policy since it would impair the recruitment/hiring process.

Lead Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview

Be prepared to wait and wait. Interview is the same questions that they have used for the past 15 years. If you are hiring on direct be prepared to negotiate. Typical phone with HR and then with the manager and then a round table with managers, HR rep and leads. Nothing changes in the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy when they hire you direct. Little to none if you start as a contractor.

Aircraft Maintenance Tech A&P Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Had one phone interview between HR and hiring supervisor. Went well. Was offered the job a week after interview. HR rep and supervisor were very professional on the phone but also easy to talk to and ask questions. Over all I felt good after the interview and felt like we connected well.

Seems the only way in is going through Aerotek as your recruiter. They're contract to hire. Usually keep you for 3 months as a contractor in order to weed out the non contributors.

Interview Questions

• All questions where pretty common. I wasn't overly nervous as I already was employed but just looking for something better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Starting pay was good, came with relocation money also. I would've asked for more now that I know how the raises don't even cover inflation.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace (Macon, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

the interview was about my experience in aviation and different aircraft training and certificates availability for any shift and availability for overtime back ground check also experience on crj 200,700,900 available transportation how i get along with other coworkers also my certificates in a319,320 dc9,a330 and boeing757

Interview Questions

• my interview was how many years of experience in aviation diferent aircraft training available for any shift and overtime   1 Answer