Bon Appétit Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director, Catering Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management.

Interview

First - 40 minute phone interview. Second - panel interview for 90+ minutes. The process took several months because they were not in a hurry to fill the spot. Would have liked some feedback on personality/IQ tests. Not sure this was the job I wanted.

Interview Questions

• There was a strong emphasis on being passionate about food. How to hire and maintain quality service staff was an emphasis as well. How to juggle multiple clients that know each other and think they are the most important   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call within the week to schedule an interview. Basic questions and all, most of the interview was having that face-to-face meeting and being told the job details. They want to know what your past jobs were like and what you did. One on one with the manager and shift lead, took about 30 minutes. They let you ask any questions you have for them, too. I prepped for the interview by writing out answers to basic questions (what's your top 3 coffee drinks, list 5 good and bad qualities, what would others say about you, etc), but it wasn't really needed. If you're at ease with talking to strangers then you'll be alright.

Interview Questions

• What would a past employer or manager say about you? How would you deal with a conflict with a coworker on the job? Do you have any barista experience?   1 Answer

Director of Catering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

All contact was channeled through a recruiter. I interviewed with the District manager, who was very pleasant. We had a wonderful conversation, as much about my qualifications as the company. Upper management happened to be in town and they were pulled in to interview me as well. After the interview they contacted the recruiter with wonderful things to say, although this was not the right fit for me. I was very impressed with the company culture and how they treat their employees.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Valencia, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking for my availability for an interview. I spoke with the office manager and left my name, number, and availability. My interview was set up for the next morning. I was met by the general manager. She was really nice and apologized for being late due to a last minute conference call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • How long did work at your previous jobs and what were your duties there?   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call for interview at university in St. Petersburg FL. I was looking to move to the FL west coast from Orlando. Found the college arrived ontime for interivew with Executive Chef. He seemed to be a decent guy o work for, explained the operation, etc. Was invited back the following week to do a tasting. Arrived for the tasting on time, Chef explains I have 3 hours to do 4 dishes, including a full vegetarian entree. Kitchen is dated, equipment old but works. kitchen poorly designed, a bit difficult to manuever in for a "production" kitchen. Presented the dishes, during interview post tasting managers and Chef asked "how many hours are you willing to give us"

Interview Questions

• managers and Chef asked "how many hours are you willing to give us"?? replied that I can do up to 70 hours a week pretty much without a change in high output production. After that number I may slow down a bit....they replied by simultaneous laughing...i ask; "what is funny in my reply"?? they say 70 hours a week would be an "easy" week...typical week is 80 hours and above...   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Called by a parent company recruiter for phone screen. Then sent a personality assessment to complete. Called by recruiter when assessment was complete to schedule a phone screen with corporate HR Director. Was called by recruiter again once had successful interview with corporate HR. Via email was scheduled for Panel Interview with several of the department managers for the account and regional HR manager in-person, at the actual work site. Round table set-up with questions in no particular order. Many questions geared towards your personal philosophy and methods for dealing with the "situation" presented.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in "this" situation. (Sounded like actual things going on at the time).   Answer Question