Bon Secours Health Interview Questions in Suffern, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2016

1.5

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bon Secours Health (Suffern, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then another phone interview. I then i took a personality test online and was set up to meet with the office managers. I met them and They asked me about my job skills, went over my resume and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been a medical assistant?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bon Secours Health (Suffern, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I received an email after I applied online, asking me to call to set up in person interview. That was only the start of almost 4 months of wasted time. Offices looked old and messy, employees look unmotivated and are CERTAINLY not proactive at all. They just pretend they work and issues will go on for months, no one takes initiative.

The "process" is very informal and unorganized, with no follow-up whatsoever. No one cares.

Interview Questions

I opted out of the process (if you can call that "process") after almost 4 months of following up and being told “yes we want to make you a job offer”, “we will call you next week”. First interview was in August and last one by end of October. I followed up after I did not hear from them (but the interviews were positive according to what I was told in person), I had interviewed with several people of the executive team (including current CEO), I was asked to come in ONCE more and talk AGAIN with someone I had already interviewed, indicating that the “decision would be made shortly thereafter”. I went back in person for a 2 minutes talk!!! Hehehehe! After that, weeks went by and they would not progress to the job offer but then each time I called to follow-up (around every 2 weeks) they said they would call me back, but never did. Mixed messages: was told they wanted to make me a job offer, but then they would not follow up with me neither would move to the next step?

I felt like I was dealing with kids who were playing a joke on me. This people almost drove me crazy; they made me waste time and effort, kept me waiting, asking me to "be patient", kept me going to 1:1 interviews, several times (5 times in total during an interval of nearly 4 months), asked me to prepare work samples which I did and they said it was “impressive”, but then would just keep me in suspense about the job offer.

HR would tell me that the hiring executive had to give the instruction to create the job offer and then, when I called the executive manager she would direct me to HR saying HR had to follow the internal procedures in order to issue a job offer!!!!! That was the most inconsiderate, disrespectful of human feelings and unprofessional hiring process I have ever seen. I slowed my job search and even had delayed a trip (that I HAD to make) overseas because I was told job offer was coming and I would have to report to work within reasonable time!

Last time I talked with one lady in HR, she still said they were interested in my application but did not know when they would make a job offer!! Are you kidding me? AFTER almost 4 MONTHS they still did not know when!!!!! Isn’t that crazy? That is when I simply emailed them and opted out (I moved on to something else and I lost interest anyway).

It is obvious this part of their system is in complete turmoil (“Charity” part of it, main offices in Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY , I don’t know about the rest..), they have been changing executive leadership constantly, you look at the team that was there last year or 2 years or 3 years ago and it is completely different people every year! Functional areas leadership (such as HR, CEO, COO, Finance, etc.) keep changing, there is no consistency and there must be a reason!

If they don’t worry about the impression they give to the people that have “impressed” them during a hiring process, what would it be once you are an employee???? It reflects a very unorganized and unstructured organization. I don’t want to know nothing about them or their services…. Will not even waste time to file a complaint for all the illegal questions I was asked during the job interviews. So unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Do not waste your time applying here, they will put you through a horrible experience.