Book of the Month Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Book of the Month Interview Questions

Interviews at Book of the Month

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Book of the Month (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was positive, and actually kind of fun. I really enjoyed everyone I met with. The team asked thoughtful questions that led to good back-and-forth conversations. Sometimes as an interviewee, you leave feeling like the company knows a lot about YOU, but you have no idea what the role actually entails. That wasn't the case here at all. They left plenty of time for me to ask questions to make sure it was a fit on my end (much appreciated) and I got a really strong sense of what the day-to-day and long-term direction of the job would be. Ultimately, we cut the process short because of my own personal reasons, but if the timing to work out in the future, I'd be thrilled to take a job there.

Strategy and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Book of the Month (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two days. The interview process started with a 30 minute video call, followed by a 1 hour onsite interview. During both of these first interviews I learned more about the company and the position, and shared about myself and what I was looking for. After that I was given an assignment to complete at home and then returned onsite to discuss the assignment. Then, I had a third onsite interview to meet with other team members more informally and learn about the culture. After this I was offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience and what I am looking for in my next career. I was also asked some critical thinking questions. The take home assignment included process mapping, data analysis, recommendations and next steps.   Answer Question

Manager, CRM & Lifecycle Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Book of the Month (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was extremely engaging and was one of the main reasons I chose to accept the job. I went through a phone screening, two 1:1 interviews, and a group interview where I presented a project. Throughout the interviews, I was asked to elaborate on my past achievements and describe how I would approach the role I was applying for. Each interviewer made sure I had plenty of time to ask questions, so I could make the best decision for myself.

It was clear that BOTM puts a lot of emphasis on hiring the right person, not just someone who can do the job but someone who fits in culturally. At the end of the interviews, I had a clear picture of long-term and short-term goals for my role and challenges I might face. I also got a great sense of what it would be like to work with team. I very much enjoyed the interview experience and look forward to contributing to this amazing and growing business!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with your manager. If so, who was right in the end?   Answer Question

Editorial & Content Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Book of the Month (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I did one phone interview and 3 in person interviews, did an entire edit test that required me to read an entire novel and write corresponding content, and then was completely ghosted by the company after I had already had my "final" interviews. They completely didn't value my time. I also was told the role was only going to pay around 35k for a job that required 2+ years experience and such a long interview process. The environment came off as very intense and demanding.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you worked on that was a complete failure?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here and not Buzzfeed or Esquire?   Answer Question
    • What would you change about our Instagram presence?   Answer Question