BookHolders Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BookHolders Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.3

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

They posted an ad online, sent an application via email, and had me set up an interview for sometime within the same week. The interview itself took 15 minutes and was just a basic confirmation of what I'd written on my application. There were no actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BookHolders

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy, they contacted me over email and I went in on the day they were doing interviews. Both the manager and the assistant manager were doing interviews, I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a simply interview process. I was called in for interview after sending resume online. I was asked simply questions then just had a conversation about life then was offered the job.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders in March 2012.

Interview

Almost everyone who submits an applications is at least brought in for an interview. Interviews are very informal and quick, as there is a very high employee turnover rate, so the quality doesn't matter. As long as you can spell correctly and will accept less than minimum wage to work here while in college, you'll be hired on.

All interview questions relate to availability during the first week of school, because anything after that is just extra.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You sign on for your first two weeks as a contractor, so that the owners can avoid paying taxes and such. You make less than minimum wage, and any disagreement is met with termination.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BookHolders (College Park, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview took about 10 minutes, and was completed by the CEO's mother. Questions were very generic, and mostly consisted of whether my class schedule had lots of openings so I could work. I was literally hired on during the interview, and began training immediately afterwards. If you can breathe, then you'll probably be hired, at least for the rush period.

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy, straightforward and mainly about your personality
    Not too long, interviewer was nice and friendly and explained the job.
    I was informed that I will go through training before i start working.
    I was asked about my sales and customer services experience

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Sent my resume. Got a call for an in person interview. Showed up to the store during it's construction and interviewed on sight with the regional manager. The regional manager was very nice and the interview lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Towson, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

I was in search of a part time job to give me additional spending money while i was at college, a friend and current employee recommended that I apply to this company. I walked in and filled out a paper application, attached a resume, and submitted it to one of the clerks. A few days later I was contacted by phone and did a quick phone interview. They scheduled an in person interview where I met with a manager and discussed a few general things, and talked about my work experiences etc. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walks in and attempts to sell stolen books, what would you do?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders in January 2011.

Interview

application, call from manager, group interview, then a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• They may have you read about the company and their "advantage" program and then answer questions.   Answer Question