Booking.com Customer Service Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booking.com Customer Service Team Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Booking.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter calls you and paints a great picture. Very nice and typical tell me of a time questions. All the questions are situation based of prior management experience.

If you pass that interview you then get a tour with the lovely recruiter. During the walk through I noticed a couple of things. They offer great meal plans for healthy eating and extremely colorful decor with rows of individuals on tables literally next to each other on the actual production floor. This is their "open concept".

It looked like a crazy call center loaded with bodies and no place to make your space because your literally 1 foot away from your neighbor. Don't expect privacy unless you go into one of their conference rooms which are actually really nice.

The people did not look happy like the loads of pictures in their profile. Next your taken to your interview with 2 Managers.

This is my problem! HR please take note! How do you expect to have a productive interview when the people interviewing you speak horrible English? It was a disaster. I have 7 years of Management experience, I promise I was not under qualified. The interviewers would use broken English and ask questions that made no sense or were asked before. Such as tell me when you had an employee not agree with you? Ok I had that example in the bag... only to be asked tell me of time you have problem?... I did ask some clarifying questions but then felt as though one of the interviewers became annoyed.

Honestly this was the worst interview I've ever had. I can walk away with my head held high knowing I could do a much better job than the two morons interviewing me. I have used proper "English" and I honestly think they could not understand what I was saying.

At the end of the interview the one interviewer that looked annoyed abruptly ended the interview and literally pushed me out the door! He looked hungover. Oh and their body language not welcoming!

I think they do have a "type" and frankly a free trip to Amsterdam that's not promised and low pay with leaders that can't see in an innovative way, no thank you!

DONT BELIEVE THEIR HYPE!

Interview Questions

• All situational question about prior experience. Make sure to provide examples. Good luck on getting someone that actually speaks English and actually understands you.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Booking.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was a two-hour, three-part interview: First portion was a chat with/office tour from the recruiter. Second portion was a panel interview with 1 HR representative, 1 team leader; Last portion was with 2 team leaders/recruiters. The questions were, for the most part, straightforward and directly targeted at customer service/people relations skills.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a conflict with a fellow employee, and what you did to resolve it."   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Questions based on values to the company and how we would handle such situations. Very situational using past experiences. Sometimes difficult to understand or know how to appropriately respond.

Interview Questions

• When have you provided Excellent Customer Service   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

They were nice however I was well over qualified and they said I didn't have the qualifications they are looking for. I didn't LOOK the part is the way I felt after the interview. I have worked with this company with another job and always so nice so I reached out to that contact and from what I understand the FL office is kindof stuck up.

Interview Questions

• They asked what makes a good leader.   3 Answers

Team Lead Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted after 1 week to come in for an interview. They were very accomodating regarding time a date. I went in and spoke to two managers for 30 minutes and answered several questions about my previous supervisory experience, how I would handle situations that arose. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview. And was told I would hear something later that week or early the following week. It has been 3 weeks and I have emailed a thank you letter the same day, and a followup in week 2 to see if a decision has been made and no response.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle friendships in the workplace when your their boss   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2019.

Interview

The worst recruitment process I've had in years.

I have applied in November and my first interview was scheduled at the beginning of December. Overall, the recruiter was very friendly and nice, I’ve sincerely enjoyed our cooperation. However, the company has turned out to be highly unprofessional and here’s why.

I have successfully passed 2 stages of the process (which took around 2 months). During the second stage of the recruitment process, I was abroad intending to move to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks. Having discussed my planned date of arrival to the Netherlands over email, I was assured that this won’t have any impact on the final decisions and that the date of my arrival works for them perfectly.

Before my arrival in the Netherlands, I have received a confirmation that I have successfully passed the second stage of the process. Therefore, the recruiter asked me to share the suitable dates to come to Amsterdam for the in-person interview. Unfortunately, my emails were ignored. 2 weeks after my arrival and the planned date of the interview, after 3 unanswered emails, the company has contacted me to inform that “they needed someone faster”, so they’ve decided to hire another person.

I sincerely hope that you treat your current employees better than the potential ones. As a hiring manager, I have never faced something like this in my entire career.

Interview Questions

• Standard phone interview questions, questions regarding people management and what takes to be a good team leader.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Interview

Applied back in January, didn't hear anything not even a generic rejection email, so chased up and finally got a standard phone interview invite via email asking when I would be available to speak.
    I replied giving a couple of time windows and my landline number to call ( as mobile reception when I am isn't great). Both windows pass without call, so I chased their internal 'recruiter'. I received a missed call on my mobile and no message or follow-up email left. I later discovered by Googling the number this was from Booking.
    A day or so later, I received the most patronising, arrogant reply along the lines of 'You weren't available, we've moved on, try again next time, have a fantastic weekend!'
    Needless to say, I was not amused by this, so I outlined my complaint to senior individuals, reasonably expecting an apology and a commitment to investigate their appalling approach.
    A few days passed and today, I receive a call from the ‘recruiter’ asking why I was unhappy!?! He totally failed to grasp the reasons for my complaint and that coupled with his sheer arrogance and patronsing manner, along with the failure to respond of the senior people I took the trouble to write to makes me feel I've had a lucky swerve, as clearly, this company suffers from a rotten culture eminating from the top and cascaded downwards.
    What an awful, awful experience!
    AVOID!!!!

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and you have to do the online test then interviewed by phone call and the phone interview took approximately 1 hr and if you are a shortlist candidates , you will be contacted and the next step is face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your difficult situation from your previous position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booking.com (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

6 candidates brought into a room with a panel of 7 current employees. Asked to introduce ourselves individually then given 10 minutes to plan and execute a presentation as a group. Next left in a room together while being individually called to conduct a fake 1-2-1 with an antagoniser. Lastly taken to a room on your own to prep for a 10 minute fake team meeting you are to present on given subject. No 1-2-1 interview to learn more about you individually, this was a collective interview aimed at finding the biggest ego for a sales role is all I could gather from this method. It was apparently about team work but these types of processes have never been about team work. I honestly thought I had seen the last of these in the early 2000s when I went for a commission based sales role. The 1-2-1 role playing, definitely a fan having used this method myself when interviewing, the group task I see no benefit it has always just made me feel like a trapped animal! Anyway, I have to give kudos for the fact they all played their part well and it was surprisingly not that intimidating (it may be years of building confidence that helps me say that).

Now here is the part I was truly disappointed at and the reason for my negative rating. After three hours of this ‘interviewing’ the last person to speak to me only wanted feedback on how they did as interviewers. Not once during this whole process did anyone ask about me, the individual ( bar the introduction which I admittedly could have juiced far more if I had known). I am not good at selling myself at all and the result may very well have been the same even if I had been given the opportunity to have a conversation based on who I was individually. It was the fact that they first denied me this opportunity completely and then sent an ATS automated email to say I had not been chosen which would have been ok (not really), however, it did not mention that I had spent 3 hours in their offices being made to feel less than I am, no, they sent the same system generated email I got when I applied for another role there and did not get the obligatory HR call first step.

We have become a society that accepts rude behaviour yet craves personal gratification. They got their feedback who cares about mine.

I also wanted to note that I believe they chose their candidate within the first 20 mins, the one that took the lead. 3 hours wasted for 20 mins, but there is a positive side I got to speak to everyone while stuck waiting in that room and since being unemployed for many months now it was a nice change. I also got to coach/inspire one of them when we were the only two left as they were nervous and lacked experience. That was extremely gratifying for me so I guess I did get something out of it after all.

Interview Questions

• How can you convince your team to use the phone as a method of contact over others.   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booking.com (Vilnius (Lithuania)) in February 2019.

Interview

Pretty straight forward phone interview. Hiring manager was open and honest in questions and comments. Answered all questions and took necessary steps to make it a convenient interview. We discussed the job content, working hours, payment schedule, base salary, extended days/hours payment schemes, development possibilities, benefits, etc. in required depth and transparency. My salary expectations due to my experience level was quite higher than their offer, so we discussed other opportunities within the company. So I take it as a positive interview. Thanks booking.com