BookingGo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

BookingGo Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BookingGo

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by HR through Linkedin. As first step we set up an informative call in which I got more information about BookingGo and I had the possibility to present myself. Then I was invited to complete an Hackerrank task.

The Hackerrank task was composed by some technical questions, one SQL exercise and two problems. One of this problem was related to API calls, data structure and algorithm. The second one was optional and definitively more complicated to solve.

After the Hackerrank step I was invited to two conference call interviews of 1 hour each. The first interview was focused on methodologies, behavior and past experiences. The second one was focused on technical skills, coding questions, network and system design.

Finally I had the possibility to talk with another Senior Software Engineer in my possible future team about technologies, frameworks, past experiences.

The interview process was fantastic and well conducted by HR: I was always informed in time about the status of the interview and the results. The final offer, considering technologies, salary and benefits, was good, but unfortunately I had to decline for personal problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BookingGo

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I had an initial telephone interview where I was given a number of technical questions and was allowed to ask any questions of my own. From there I was invited for a two and a half hour technical and competency interview at their WeWork office in central London.

The interview itself included some questions around Spring, microservices and a small coding challenge. The face to face was very much a conversation, but if you mention something be prepared to be probed further.

The whole experience was incredibly smooth and stress free! The person dealing with my application (Nathan) was very helpful and they were an extremely pleasant company to deal with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

At first there was a relative simple set of question and a single coding interview. After that, one or more technical interviews with senior developers and the hiring managers. Every one was kind and genuinely interested in their work, and always giving back great feedbacks.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental OO questions, architecture, real life "bug solving" scenarios   Answer Question
    • Develop a software that leverages Restful apis, gather data, manipulate it and display information. 100% backend, no frontend involved. You can choose the language.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I did a previous HackerRank test and after I passed I had two interviews. A Tech one and a Soft Skills one. In each of the interviews there was two people that belong to other than the team I would join.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

The process started with a call with the recruiter to know a bit more about your experience, what you are looking for and also they give you a brief introduction about the company and what projects are on going and they are hiring for.
    The second step was a call with a technical lead. The first half and hour was about giving a bit more explanation of your current responsibilities, project that you work, technologies that you use, methodologies, etc. The second part is more about technical questions focused on the backend end. The features introduced in Java 8, advantages and disadvantages, differences with previous implementations, microservices, etc.
    The third step of the process is an on-site interview. This one has two parts, first part is about competencies with an engineer manager and a product owner. I found this one an easy and friendly to be in, it felt like a normal conversation both ways.
    The second part of the on-site interview was technical focused. It was done with a technical lead and a senior software engineer. There were questions about Java 8, new features, design patterns and at the end a coding exercise. Not really sure what they were after as I had to follow their directions for the coding exercise, my guess is that they were after I was using the right object type from the JDK. This part was the worst as the interviewers (from their position) were a bit harsh, their expressions and faces when answers were given and they were not what they expected, it was not really prepared as the questions were a bit random.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Too long; there were ~5 calls and a code problem to solve. No questions were asked about the actual technologies I'd be working with, which appeared strange to me. The code problem was pretty clever and fun to solve.

Interview Questions

• Code development, quality assurance and testing - how it all works   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First informal interview, then a technical test, a micro project in Java using Spring and creating a REST API, then a competency interview and finally the technical interview. Interviews were all via skype.

Interview Questions

• I did only the competence interview, about my past projects and current. They asked me a lot of informations about technologies used and so on. They said me that I couldn't proceed to the technical test because I answered to a question in a contradictory manner. I mean they ask me If I used automatic test environment I said No, specifing that in my last project, my application was under an aoutomatic test but configured by the test team, I received the feed back to fix bug or improve some parameters but I never used directly an automatic test environment. It is no a contraddiction in my opinion.   Answer Question