Books-A-Million Bookseller/Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Books-A-Million Bookseller/Barista Interview Questions

1.9

Barista/Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

The first part was a pitch. I had to sell myself, then literally try to sell something to the manager. The second interview was mostly the manager talking and telling me about the tasks in the store. I was told from the get go the pay doesn't match the amount of work, but SPIFF and the potential raise seemed to be achievable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Books-A-Million

Barista/Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from them the next week to meet with one of the managers and then scheduled to meet with the main manager. The main manager sent me a background check and once that was done, I signed the paperwork and started working.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sell cards?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with a difficult customer, how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Branson, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I went into the store and was told to wait in the cafe and we talked about policies, what to expect, and the sort. They asked basic questions and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Traverse City, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was sitting in the break room with two of the four managers. The store manager and another male manager. All managers there are male. They just sat with me and asked questions.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Auburn, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

i ran into a friend working in the cafe who told me they needed people for day shifts. she introduced me to the manager who set up a meeting with me a few days later. it was a very laid back meeting, and i was offered the job at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• what kind of books do you like to read and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I had the job within her asking me three questions. Pretty cut and dry interview. Very basic questions and doesn't take much preparation. They were very desperate for people so I am pretty sure she didn't care what I was saying.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Oak Ridge, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

We sat down in the cafe at the store and she began asking me questions about my former employment, explaining the policies and procedures of Books-A-Million, and asking general interview-type questions. We talked a lot about why I chose to apply there and what things I thought I would be good at. All in all, it was a pleasant and short experience that I felt really good about afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying at Books-A-Million?   1 Answer

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Interview

Was not bad, I went in for 2 interviews and received the job a couple of days after the second interview. Both of the interviews went well I was told about the discount card and magazine offer. I was informed this was mandatory and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

They held a group interview with four other candidates and a single interviewer. The interviewer gave us a few questions to answer individually within the group. She also posed a few hypothetical sales situations for us to demonstrate our problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave us each an item and asked us to demonstrate upselling it to her.   Answer Question

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million in March 2014.

Interview

I filled out a application online and within 3 1/2 weeks heard back. I was asked to come in for an interview and the process was simple. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I wanted to work for them ect. From there I was asked to read about their discount card and magazine programs and if I would be able to produce large selling numbers for them. I was told I would hear back if they were interested. A week later I was sent an email request for a backround check which I am waiting to hear about.

Interview Questions

• If I was unable to provide a large number of discount card sales was I ok with not getting hours.   Answer Question