Books-A-Million Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

1.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Came in for an interview, asked a lot of questions to get to know what kind of person you are, told me they would call to let me know whether I got the job or did not get the job

Interview Questions

• How would you define the word 'ownership'?   Answer Question
    • Would you feel comfortable selling membership cards?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you (had a difficult time/had a hard time with a fellow employee/had to accomplish a goal) and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Barista/Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

The first part was a pitch. I had to sell myself, then literally try to sell something to the manager. The second interview was mostly the manager talking and telling me about the tasks in the store. I was told from the get go the pay doesn't match the amount of work, but SPIFF and the potential raise seemed to be achievable.

Barista/Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from them the next week to meet with one of the managers and then scheduled to meet with the main manager. The main manager sent me a background check and once that was done, I signed the paperwork and started working.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sell cards?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with a difficult customer, how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Branson, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I went into the store and was told to wait in the cafe and we talked about policies, what to expect, and the sort. They asked basic questions and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Traverse City, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was sitting in the break room with two of the four managers. The store manager and another male manager. All managers there are male. They just sat with me and asked questions.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Auburn, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

i ran into a friend working in the cafe who told me they needed people for day shifts. she introduced me to the manager who set up a meeting with me a few days later. it was a very laid back meeting, and i was offered the job at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• what kind of books do you like to read and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I had the job within her asking me three questions. Pretty cut and dry interview. Very basic questions and doesn't take much preparation. They were very desperate for people so I am pretty sure she didn't care what I was saying.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Oak Ridge, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

We sat down in the cafe at the store and she began asking me questions about my former employment, explaining the policies and procedures of Books-A-Million, and asking general interview-type questions. We talked a lot about why I chose to apply there and what things I thought I would be good at. All in all, it was a pleasant and short experience that I felt really good about afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying at Books-A-Million?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Interview

Had one interview. Called me later in the week and offered me the job. They just talked to me about how important it is to upsell, especially the discount card.

Interview Questions

• they just talked to me about selling the discount card and magazines.   Answer Question

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Interview

Was not bad, I went in for 2 interviews and received the job a couple of days after the second interview. Both of the interviews went well I was told about the discount card and magazine offer. I was informed this was mandatory and I accepted.