Books-A-Million Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Books-A-Million Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (North Canton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical questions regarding availability. They also asked about your ability to sell discount cards and magazines. In addition I was asked a bit about knowledge of literature. Mostly they were interested in availability as they are a retail business you had to be available on weekends and holidays.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for a one-on-one in-person interview with a manager. She was nice enough and the interview was easy, but she seemed extremely uncomfortable with the fact that I already had a bachelors degree. I was looking for a flexible position to hold while I was in graduate school and would have stayed there for 4-5 years if I'd been hired. After the interview, I did not receive any further communications from BAM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Towson, MD).

Interview

Asked a few questions about my customer service and sales experience. I exchanged information about job. I was able to ask about responsibilities. Met others employees and chatted with them. Toured facility and observed work.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Houston, TX).

Interview

After filling out the online application, you get a call back to schedule an interview. The first interview is with an assistant manager. They ask you basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, when would you be available, etc. After that you, if they liked you, you will have an interview with the general manager who will ask about the same questions but you will go into more depth about your skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

What would you consider your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy asked simple questions. I had one interview with the assistant manager then another interview with the head manager. They were both kind and the interview process was all done in a timely fashion.

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Salina, KS).

Interview

You sit down with the assistant manager for the normal interview questions. They then go over the job requirements if hired. Ask you why you want to work at a bookstore. Ask you to "sell" your favorite book to them. If they liked you, you get a second interview set up with the general manager of the location. They ask you the exact same questions as the first interview. They go deeper into the explanation of the job requirements. If they you, youre background check is run. If you pass, youre offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Aiken, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

I first meet with the assistant manager who asks basic interview questions. I guess he liked me enough to where he sends the general manager to speak to me. The general manager asked me some of the same questions and he went into detail about the job and what it requires along with its benefits. I assumed they both liked me since the assistant manager came back and told me they would send me an email for a background check.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned in the last 7 days?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (New Bern, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line back in March and heard nothing, so I reapplied in August. Two days later, I printed out my resume, walked in the store, and asked to speak to the manager. The assistant manager was there so I spoke to her, and she arranged a second interview with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Montgomery, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very simple, laid back. One of the most easy interviews I've ever had to do. Make sure that you have a lot of general knowledge on BAM! in general, because that was asked of me in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BAM! ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (East Stroudsburg, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well. The manager was friendly and made sure to make me feel comfortable as this was my first interview. We talked about my favorite books and areas of interest and what my duties would be if I were hired. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.