Books-A-Million Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Pensacola, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very casual. Almost too casual. We just sat in the cafe section of the store and I was asked questions like what my favorite types of books are, why I would be good for this job, and what days/hours could I work.

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Traverse City, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was sitting in the break room with two of the four managers. The store manager and another male manager. All managers there are male. They just sat with me and asked questions.

Anonymous Employee in Brookwood, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Brookwood, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, I got there ten minutes early and had to wait over twenty minutes after my supposed meeting time. The first interview was laid back simple then I met with the GM. She was a bit more serious it almost seemed as if she didn't want me to have the job. After a few days, I got a callback them offering me a job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process for me involved an online application, waiting several months for a response, and a brief interview with a manager. I waited approximately 30 minutes for a manager, and after one showed up, we had a fairly brief conversation. I was told he liked me, and would be in touch. They contacted me a week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling membership cards and magazine subscriptions to customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Birmingham, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

Short, rushed interview. Had other fires to put out. Store appeared short handed. I had to bring up past experience and lead the interview. Manager didn't know how to give an interview and stated as much in a round about way.She could not give answer on how many hours to expect a week. Said she would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about past jobs.   1 Answer

Barista/Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Auburn, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

i ran into a friend working in the cafe who told me they needed people for day shifts. she introduced me to the manager who set up a meeting with me a few days later. it was a very laid back meeting, and i was offered the job at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• what kind of books do you like to read and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Bridgeport, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

After a questionnaire screening, simple interview with both the store manager and assistant manager in attendance. Standard work questions, and personal questions about favorite books, series, shows, any sort of preferences for what is done in your spare time just to see if you'd be a good fit for the atmosphere of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to sell our loyalty card?   1 Answer

Bookseller/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I had the job within her asking me three questions. Pretty cut and dry interview. Very basic questions and doesn't take much preparation. They were very desperate for people so I am pretty sure she didn't care what I was saying.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

I applied online two years ago and called about all day interviews on site. I came in for an interview. I was applying to become a Bookseller, but the manager wanted me to be a Barista or was implying this. It was a simple interview. I was called to come in to do paperwork because I was hired. I ended up quitting due to how unorganized the store was and unprofessionalism.

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Laredo, TX).

Interview

Brief and to-the-point interview process; was asked specific questions and given valuable information about the importance of the company and customer service. From the interview to my work now, I feel very comfortable with the workings of the company and the store as well as the people I work with--company team members are always friendly and helpful.