Books-A-Million Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Books-A-Million Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Towson, MD).

Interview

Asked a few questions about my customer service and sales experience. I exchanged information about job. I was able to ask about responsibilities. Met others employees and chatted with them. Toured facility and observed work.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Books-A-Million

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Houston, TX).

Interview

After filling out the online application, you get a call back to schedule an interview. The first interview is with an assistant manager. They ask you basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, when would you be available, etc. After that you, if they liked you, you will have an interview with the general manager who will ask about the same questions but you will go into more depth about your skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

What would you consider your biggest strength?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Scranton, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a couple of weeks later asking if I could come in for a face-to-face interview. I went in and met with both the manager and the assistant manager. It really depends store to store, but my managers were professional in the interview and I didn't have a problem with them.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Pensacola, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very casual. Almost too casual. We just sat in the cafe section of the store and I was asked questions like what my favorite types of books are, why I would be good for this job, and what days/hours could I work.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It was very informal, lasting maybe ten minutes with the AGM and another 3-5 with the GM. They asked why I was interested, whether I had worked in retail before, and what value I would bring to the team - pretty generic stuff. It was not the kind of interview that required any strenuous prep work.

Interview Questions

• They did ask how much I expected to earn.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Destin, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard interview. Show up in slacks and a polo. They ask you standard questions for the most part. They are desperate for employees because the company doesn't offer fair wages. It's a tourist area, so most employees are traveling from neighboring towns. Due to the price of gas, it doesn't make economic sense to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million (Southaven, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Filled out a survey. Went to the store. Talked to the gm and agm. Both clearly liked me. They always said they were going to call me back. Once they said three days. I waited till the fourth to call them. Then they said another week. A week later, no call. I then called again, they asked for my phone number...again. They said they were going to run a background check. A week later I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • When are you available?   1 Answer
    • What are your interests?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if we were really slow and you had to sell 10 discount cards?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant general manager who was extremely pleasant and welcoming. She answered all my questions, spoke highly of the company and was willing to work with me on what hours I could and couldn't work. She asked me a number of questions that were appropriate to the position.

Negotiation

Unfortunately there was no room for pay negotiation but she did explain the opportunities available if I were to become full time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Books-A-Million in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a very pleasant experience. It was an open interview, and there were 12 of us present. The atmosphere was very laid-back and non threatening. Everyone was super nice, and I was not even nervous.

Interview Questions

• Because there were 12 of us at the interview, the last thing they asked us to tell them: If you had to work with two other people here at the interview, which two would you pick? It was hard because every person who was there for the interview was awesome. I would have loved to work with every one of them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Books-A-Million.

Interview

Simple: first interview, role playing sales situation, second interview
    You have to really work to get first interview. Even if you are a qualified candidate they may not call. You have to be aggressive and take initiative. Be prepared with your own questions and determine if you want to be managed by this person. Lot of persons on management team not experienced in interviewing or in the industry. You interview them as well.

Interview Questions

salary offer not in line with experience