Boom Lab Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boom Lab Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Boom Lab

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Ames, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

Boom Lab was interesting but frustrating to work with.

I spoke with recruiters at the career fair and applied online as well. About a week before they came back for interviews, I was contacted and asked to participate in their only/final round of interviews. The setup was interesting. It was about a 4 hours long group interview with 4 other candidates in which we created a business plan. At one point, we were pulled for a twenty minute individual interview.

I was told I would know within a month. Now 3 months later, I have never received a follow-up email, phone call...anything. Very frustrating as I was extremely interested in working with them.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions exactly. Mainly working with a team to create a detailed proposal was a difficult, but fun, experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boom Lab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Was put into contact with recruiter via university, went through a primary interview with two recruiters followed by a group interview in which participants were taken out individually for more private interviewing. The process was delayed in the fact that I wasn't contacted for interviews until long after fall recruiting was completed.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - tell me about an experience in which you faced adversity, had to deal with a team, etc. Asked various questions about future career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the campus recruiting process. Interview included two different stages. First was an on-campus interview with two representatives from the company which was behavioral question based. Second stage is a group case interview in their headquarters which was quite easy compared to other case interviews I had with BCG, McKinsey, Bain, and so on. I received my offer in a week after the second interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

Initial phone interview of general questions about interest in particular job and consulting, group interview on site, performed a case study and had a 15 minute individual interview, final interview with managing partner discussing the life of a consultant

Interview Questions

• case study had some analysis questions particularily one about calculating the ROI of a project with a potential risk factor   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Met Boom Lab at a job fair. I followed up the job fair with a thank you email. They contacted me shortly after with a phone interview which was all behavioral type questions. Then they set up a 3 hour group interview with 12 other applicants and we were divided into groups of 3 to work on case studies with a talent manager to observe. We were then separated for individual 30 min interviews. Overall I thought the group interview was going to be intense and stressful but they did a really nice job at having everyone be comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in Boom Lab?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a job fair and they contacted me. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and basically just went over my resume and classes I have taken. Then I was invited to their office in Minneapolis, where they conducted a 3.5 hour case study and interview. They pretty much put you in a room for the first hour while you listen to them talk about consulting. Then they break you into teams (mine was a group of 3) to solve a business problem. The problem is a 5 page packet that you have to go through with your team and answer the questions while one of the recruiters watches you from the end of the table. During this time they pull you out for a face to face interview that lasts about 15 minutes and pretty much just asks you basic questions. If you don't know for sure that you want to work there, don't waste your time and money like I did

Interview Questions

• ROI question. They give you a list of costs and revenues and you have to calculate it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in their Minneapolis HQ for a brief interview. This consisted of a few basic questions and a time for me to ask questions. I actually spent most of the time asking the recruiter questions about the job and company which went over well. They then set me up with an on site interview at a client of theirs in NW Chicago, which was a bit odd since they didn't have a physical location in the area yet. I was interviewed by a "talent recruiter" and a managing partner. The talent recruiter didn't really know what what going on, mainly asking typical questions and just staring for non-verbal cues the whole time, which was somewhat uncomfortable. The majority of the interview was steered by the managing partner, who provided excellent insight into the company and position. I was then told they would contact me regarding a second interview the next week but it has been over 3 weeks and I still have not heard a thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Des Moines, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with basic behavioral questions. If you move on from that you are brought in to the office with several other candidates. You are split up in to two groups and essentially have to come up with all aspects of a new business. At the end you present your ideas to the group. The whole process is about four hours long and throughout the day you are pulled out for a quick individual interview. This was fairly simple. The biggest thing they are looking for is to see how you work with other people in a group project setting.

Interview Questions

• Rank in order most important. Hard work, soft skills, hard skills, leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (West Des Moines, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met a representative of Boom Lab at a job fair, and after a couple of weeks, I was contacted by a Boom Lab partner (Keyot Inc.) for a phone interview. It was basically talking through your resume and describing past projects. I was invited back for a group interview in Des Moines, IA - they did not reimburse my 184 mile trip. The group interview was interesting; in groups of 4 - we had to come up with a business and issues that concern that industry. Needed to create a process diagram, along with branding and product features for our chosen business. This process took four hours. During group work, we were all pulled out individually for a 20 minute interview. At the end of the day, we presented for 10 minutes and fielded questions. They kept us longer than their promised time frame.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment in college? Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial standard 30 minute in-person interview. I met with two hiring managers for an on-campus interview and was asked the typical first interview questions.

Group interview with 4 others. We were brought in to the Boom Lab office for an afternoon (about 4 hours) and had to complete a group project. Throughout the group project, we were pulled out individually for 1:1 interviews with other back-office employees.

Final interview was a 1:1 with the head of Boom Lab. Not as many questions in the interview, more of an overview on what the roles look like and what the company does. Offer was made at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• In the initial interview, the questions were standard (Explain your experience, Tell me about a time when you...., Why are you interested in consulting, Why are you interested in Boom Lab, etc.).

In the group interview, we were split up into small groups and had to create a business. We selected an industry, developed a brand and logo, created a process map, constructed a high-level business plan, and pitched the business to the hiring managers.. We were observed by the hiring managers throughout the afternoon and were pulled out individually for more standard interview questions from other Boom Lab employees.   Answer Question