Boom Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boom Lab Interview Questions

Interviews at Boom Lab

2.7

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

It was simple and very friendly. I haven't received an offer or a decision​ yet but for sure a great place to start at. Do not know much about the environment​ as an employee but everyone says its a great place if you are a college graduate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

One phone interview, additional in-person interview, followed by a group case interview with a portion for another one-on-one interview with senior manager. Interviews were very laid back, and mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have using Project Management software?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied at a career fair and had 2 interviews within the next week! Smooth process and everyone was really helpful. It was nice to see they’re downtown office too. I had probably 4 one on one interviews and a group case study day.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab in October 2019.

Interview

Very easy and transparent process. There is three rounds of interviews and the entire process takes about a month to complete. The first round is a 1:1 interview followed by a case study and then another “traditional” interview.

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with the University recruiter. The first interview was an overall background on the position and company. The next round was a group case study at their office. Split up into groups and were assigned to solve various word problems. Following the case study there was another 1:1 interview that included all behavioral.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2019.

Interview

First interview was an in-person, it was pretty typical with the basic questions about your background, etc. The second interview is a case study that took about 3 hours in total. Hour 1 is learning more about Boom and getting to ask questions as a group to the hiring managers. The second and third hour consisted of the case study and small individual interviews that were about 20-30 minutes. I would have given a positive experience overall because they were friendly and professional, but they never responded to me asking for feedback on my interview process. If you are willing to take the time out of your schedule to meet them for 3 hours, paying for parking and expenses to get there, I think the least they could do is take 5 minutes to give feedback to us.

Interview Questions

• When have you experienced failure and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Met at a career fair, video interview with recruiter, quickly moved on to next round which was a group interview/case study that's basically seeing how well you can work on a team. Final round later that week mostly to see how you would fit in.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career event they attended, and received an email notifying me that I had been selected to interview within a few days. The first interview was 30 minutes via Skype, and entailed very basic behavioral questions.

I was then invited to an in-person interview. This is similar to your standard consulting interview-- you work through a business case with a small group of other people applying for various entry-level roles, and they'll pull you aside at some point for another individual interview. The business case was extremely simple. They provided some cost/revenue information for a sample company, and I believe we just had to predict profitability over a certain period of time and analyze potential risks/threats. Shouldn't be a problem if you've taken even the simplest of business courses.

After the in-person interview, I had another interview via Skype with a more senior employee. They asked me to reflect on my performance in the group interview, and also asked more specifically about how I anticipated that my existing skills would transfer to the Project Manager role. About a week following this final interview, I received a call from a recruiter with an offer. They also connected me with a current employee in the role who spoke a little bit about their experience at Boom Lab.

Everyone who I interacted with at Boom Lab was extremely friendly and polite, which hasn't necessarily been the norm in my experience interviewing for jobs, so I really appreciated that. However, I do think that new college grads interviewing for these roles need to be aware that this is NOT actual consulting work. I find it a bit misleading that they refer to the kind of work that they do as "consulting", honestly, and I think they should re-consider how they brand themselves in order to provide candidates with additional transparency. I only really found out gradually in bits and pieces throughout the interview process what the true nature of the role would be, i.e. you are essentially temporary staff for Boom Lab's clients as they seek to implement special projects/corporate initiatives with an IT focus.

That's not to say it's definitely not worth applying here, because I did get the sense that all of their employees genuinely enjoyed working there. It also sounds like Boom Lab serves as a great jumping-off point to start a full-time position with one of their clients (and they have pretty massive clients like Target and Express Scripts). They're very supportive of their employees making that transition, from what I could tell. So if that's something you're interested in, maybe Boom Lab would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Which of the entry level roles (Project Manager, Business Analyst, etc.) are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
    • What's something you think you need to get better at?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Morristown, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

Myself and five others met at the Boom Lab office and participated in a case study while being observed by 2 employees. One at a time we got picked out to do a very short one on one interview.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was able to email a recruiter. Took a few weeks for them to respond which was disappointing but I ended up having a phone interview with a recruiter. Asked basic situational questions, very nice and relaxed call not too stressful or demanding. The process took a while and they were slow to get back to me. I was very excited about this possibility but after they were so slow to respond and not very organized during scheduling of the interview I thought maybe their decision is for the best. Overall it was a somewhat easy process and was not too stressful as the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Boom Lab? Why project management? What at school has helped you decide what career direction you want to take?   Answer Question