Boom Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boom Lab Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab in February 2017.

Interview

The process had three steps: initial interview (mine was in-person), group/case interview, and final interview. Overall I found it very low-pressure. There weren't many typical behavioral questions and I didn't feel like I was being "tricked" by any of the questions. Very conversational and focused on making sure my questions were answered and that I understood the position. The case interview was much lower pressure than I anticipated and overall was a very positive experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online for Boom Lab. I then scheduled a meeting for January and then went onsite to interview. Interviewer was a good fit and asked and answered questions. A huge disappointment when no follow up email reply happened after rejection notice.

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

Interview process was an easy application through LinkedIn then an in person interview. I usually don't write reviews, but, the recruiter, from the very beginning, seemed disengaged - like she would rather be somewhere else. She had a condescending tone which really put me off of the organization. She didn't have passion for what she did - or cared about what I had to say.

Maybe other people had a more welcome experience from different recruiters.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a 30 minute in-person initial interview. This was conversational and involved questions about my background, why I was interested in Boom Lab/consulting. etc. Moved to a second in-person interview a few days later with a Sr. Recruiter which was very similar...once they give you a verbal offer then you interview with a client to get placed. That was set up within a day and had the official offer from the client shortly after. The whole process took about a week, which is likely not typical, as they had urgent needs at the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Boom Lab vs. other consulting companies?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the PM role? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a very general 30 minute conversation with a recruiting professional. If you pass the first interview, you will be invited to participate in a group interview where you and three others will solve a case that they hand you. You will also break off and have another interview with another recruiter before work on the actual case. If you perform well on the case, then they will invite you to a final interview with another employee within the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to be a CEO of one company, which one and why?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

First round is a 1 on 1 meeting. Second round is an easy group case study. Third round is an additional 1 on 1. They seem to be looking for people who are capable enough, social, and can work well in group settings.

Project Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

I met a Boom Lab recruiter at a college career fair. I received an invitation for a 1v1 interview for later in the week on campus. The second interview with a group case interview at Boom Lab.

Project Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair which then followed into a 2 on 1 interview on campus the following week. From there, I was asked back for a group case study interview which lasted 3 hours. There was a final 1 on 1 interview with someone at the head of the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA and do you think that fairly represents your academic career? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

Multiple rounds. First was an interview (some do it in person, some over the phone). Next was a group interview. In the group interview they broke the group in to small groups (3-4) and had the group work together on a case study. The purpose of the case study is to see how well each member works with others. Finally they called or had a final in-person interview. In this interview they offer job + compensation/benefits.

Interview Questions

• In the individual interview(s), they ask about your experience, trying to see how well consulting fits for you.

All questions in the group interview are about a business. The purpose is to come up with suggestions on how to improve the business.   Answer Question