Boom Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a 30 minute in-person initial interview. This was conversational and involved questions about my background, why I was interested in Boom Lab/consulting. etc. Moved to a second in-person interview a few days later with a Sr. Recruiter which was very similar...once they give you a verbal offer then you interview with a client to get placed. That was set up within a day and had the official offer from the client shortly after. The whole process took about a week, which is likely not typical, as they had urgent needs at the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Boom Lab vs. other consulting companies?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the PM role? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

General behavior interview questions, 1 on 1. Interview was very typical and lasted only about a half hour. Spent a lot of time discussing how the company consults and the roles of different positions within the company. Referred by an employee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab in February 2017.

Interview

The process had three steps: initial interview (mine was in-person), group/case interview, and final interview. Overall I found it very low-pressure. There weren't many typical behavioral questions and I didn't feel like I was being "tricked" by any of the questions. Very conversational and focused on making sure my questions were answered and that I understood the position. The case interview was much lower pressure than I anticipated and overall was a very positive experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews. 1st one was on campus with 2 recruiters with standard interview questions. 2nd round was a group case study with a group of 4 people. They just wanted to see how you work with others. They had a 30 min 1 on 1 interview during this time too. The last round was another 1 on 1 interview but this time with the head of the recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Who has been someone you have recently influenced, how?   Answer Question

Project Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair which then followed into a 2 on 1 interview on campus the following week. From there, I was asked back for a group case study interview which lasted 3 hours. There was a final 1 on 1 interview with someone at the head of the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA and do you think that fairly represents your academic career? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter set up a one on one in person screening interview. Then was invited to group interview and didn't get offer when contacted 3 weeks later. Everyone was nice and group interview was long.

Interview Questions

• What's your dream job?
      Tell me about a time you failed
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boom Lab.

Interview

Interview process was an easy application through LinkedIn then an in person interview. I usually don't write reviews, but, the recruiter, from the very beginning, seemed disengaged - like she would rather be somewhere else. She had a condescending tone which really put me off of the organization. She didn't have passion for what she did - or cared about what I had to say.

Maybe other people had a more welcome experience from different recruiters.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a very general 30 minute conversation with a recruiting professional. If you pass the first interview, you will be invited to participate in a group interview where you and three others will solve a case that they hand you. You will also break off and have another interview with another recruiter before work on the actual case. If you perform well on the case, then they will invite you to a final interview with another employee within the company.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boom Lab (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• If you had to be a CEO of one company, which one and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boom Lab in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and then was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview covered my resume and interest in the position. After, I was asked to come to a group interview in St. Louis. The group interview consisted of an individual interview and a group case study. The individual interview covered behavioral questions and was very comfortable. The case study was a decent challenge and gave the other candidates and myself the opportunity to explain our thinking and showcase our teamwork skills.