Boom Lab Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boom Lab Project Manager Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career event they attended, and received an email notifying me that I had been selected to interview within a few days. The first interview was 30 minutes via Skype, and entailed very basic behavioral questions.

I was then invited to an in-person interview. This is similar to your standard consulting interview-- you work through a business case with a small group of other people applying for various entry-level roles, and they'll pull you aside at some point for another individual interview. The business case was extremely simple. They provided some cost/revenue information for a sample company, and I believe we just had to predict profitability over a certain period of time and analyze potential risks/threats. Shouldn't be a problem if you've taken even the simplest of business courses.

After the in-person interview, I had another interview via Skype with a more senior employee. They asked me to reflect on my performance in the group interview, and also asked more specifically about how I anticipated that my existing skills would transfer to the Project Manager role. About a week following this final interview, I received a call from a recruiter with an offer. They also connected me with a current employee in the role who spoke a little bit about their experience at Boom Lab.

Everyone who I interacted with at Boom Lab was extremely friendly and polite, which hasn't necessarily been the norm in my experience interviewing for jobs, so I really appreciated that. However, I do think that new college grads interviewing for these roles need to be aware that this is NOT actual consulting work. I find it a bit misleading that they refer to the kind of work that they do as "consulting", honestly, and I think they should re-consider how they brand themselves in order to provide candidates with additional transparency. I only really found out gradually in bits and pieces throughout the interview process what the true nature of the role would be, i.e. you are essentially temporary staff for Boom Lab's clients as they seek to implement special projects/corporate initiatives with an IT focus.

That's not to say it's definitely not worth applying here, because I did get the sense that all of their employees genuinely enjoyed working there. It also sounds like Boom Lab serves as a great jumping-off point to start a full-time position with one of their clients (and they have pretty massive clients like Target and Express Scripts). They're very supportive of their employees making that transition, from what I could tell. So if that's something you're interested in, maybe Boom Lab would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Which of the entry level roles (Project Manager, Business Analyst, etc.) are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
  • What's something you think you need to get better at?   Answer Question