Boom Marketing (San Diego) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boom Marketing (San Diego) Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

STAY AWAY. This is not a real job. The receptionist was very nice, but my appointment was at 11am and I was not interviewed until 1:30pm, due to the overbooking of applicants. The hiring manager, aka the CEO of the company, was rude to me. They will try to tell you that their company is making a lot of money and working with large retail clients, but if you look at their shabby office of stained walls and bare fixtures, it's a major red flag. There are no benefits, you will drive yourself to surrounding locations to "market" whatever product they assign you to, gas will be reimbursed (10cents to every gallon you use) through a third party agency (no $ for car maintenance, that's all you!), overtime hours and the hiring manager was vague when I inquired if the salary was commission based. Finally she admitted that a large percentage, if not all, of my salary would come from commission. If a job sounds too good to be true, IT IS. If you're desperate for a job, try looking at Costco, Starbucks, or even look into being represented by a temp agency. Research the companies you're applying for. If you look at this company's website, the information is vague and doesn't tell you what companies they work with, or include press releases of their previous work. DONT waste your time, spend that energy to applying to more concrete jobs.

Interview Questions

• There's no 9 to 5 schedule, your schedule depends on the company you're marketing for. Do you mind working weekends and long hours?   1 Answer
    • Do you have your own transportation?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) (Fairfax, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

FAKE! STAY AWAY if you want a real job. They go to Sams Club and Costco. I applied online they called me to set up an interview after I answered 3 questions. Over the weekend I continued to do my research and found dozens of reviews just like mine, so I called. I started asking questions because I'm not driving an hour round trip for a 15 minute waste of time. I was right to do so. After asking a few questions the receptionist asked who I was and I told her my name and that I saw the application online. She quickly said Sams Club and Costco after I extended the truth and said I used to work for a company that sold Staples crap - I got the offer for that one before I graduated college, didn't take it either.

This is such a scam and every application they post is the exact same job with a different title. DO NOT waste your time! You can get a real job! This is a desperate job, not a real one.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own means of transportation   1 Answer

Summer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego).

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was contacted to come in for a face to face interview. I was called for a round two interview where I met a manager at an "event," or rather a booth set up in a Costco, to observe "direct marketing" and answer some questions. Upon further reflection I withdrew my application because it was a sales internship, not a marketing one.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego).

Interview

The waiting room had blaring music and the receptionist was singing along. The receptionist was calling and scheduling interviews while multiple applicants were in the room. The firm only does events only out of Costco and Sam's Club. Asked if you were willing to drive 40 minutes to an hour to local Sam's Clubs and Costcos. Not what the job description sounded like at all... Not what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to drive 40 minutes to an hour to locations?   Answer Question

PR Assistant Fairfax Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego).

Interview

Don't fall for their "marketing". This company is just a fancier version for brand ambassadors. The process took 2 days, after applying online they call me and set up an interview for the next day. I got there on time and the HR girl was late by more than half an hour. As I listened to the other interviews I realized that I was at the wrong place. Even if the girl at the front desk had me listen to rap and rock I could hear what was going on in the room next door. I honestly gave my best attitude but It's such a big disappointment when you apply for X position and they want you to start as a bran ambassador of one of their clients in their "venues" like Sams Club and Costco.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to drive 40+ hours for the different events?   Answer Question

It's not what I signed up for.

Event Planner/Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) (Fairfax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was for the new DC office in Fairfax, VA. I applied and was called the next day and I was able to get an interview for the very next day. I was running late, but they were very understandable. When I got there I understood why, like a hair dresser on Saturday there were two other people there for my same interview time. I remained open about this new venture, but it seemed that the job description that I applied to was replaced with another one another one. I’ve done event planning, I’m studying Marketing. My confidence in this position waned when my interviewer (lovely girl) said that sales and marketing are the same. Please stop saying that, it is an incorrect statement. After our chat I was invited to the second round of interviews, which was an onsite interview to experience an event for their client’s luxury merchandise. It was at a Sam’s Club and it was for a weight loss tea and it was with another candidate. I stayed engaged and open minded but I quickly realized that job was a temporary big box kiosk vendor. For 2 weeks you peddle the “luxury” wares of a client. You get Sunday off. Hours are M-F 11-7 Saturdays 10-8:30. There are training classes M-F 9-10am. And much like their website is just a bunch of buzzwords in sentence format, they are just as vague about pay. It’s either hourly OR commission, with ever is higher. Commission is 18% of sales rung. BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! Not only is it like an infomercial, it’s also a pyramid scheme, in 3-6 months they want you to train 3-4 people to get events going and so on and after a year you work your way up to management which comes with basic benefits and the joy of basically running your own business. Also, there is apparently a cookie cutter blue print for selling a vast array of products, there shouldn’t be. When I declined the offer, the interviewer actually said “Well I was willing to humble myself to…” I bet you wouldn’t humble yourself after 28 with a mortgage not living at home with your parents. And for crying out loud, turn off that god awful music you have blaring at the office, it’s people can hear when they call the office.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in 50-60 hours of face to face selling for little to no pay   Answer Question

I didn't "humble' myself into foreclosure or car repossession

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) in February 2014.

Interview

three step interview. had to write an essay.

Interview Questions

• write an essay about why I stand out from the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

opportunity cost was too great.

Interview

Boom listed a dozen vague ads on craigslist. Boom refused to answer questions about the job, demanding that I come in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) in September 2013.

Interview

The interviews where conducted in a very professional manner. My issue was that the job description was very vague and misleading and salary and compensation were never discussed.

Interview Questions

Please see the above description of the interview process.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego) (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I responded to a job post about an event planner position at Boom Marketing. After doing some online research I was very weary about the company. I heard a lot of things that lead me to believing this was one of those scam positions that prey on recent graduates.

I was called in for the initial interview and things seemed good, although I was not able to ask any questions. A few hours after the initial interview I received a call back for a second interview. The second interview was at one of their road shows and that's when I saw evening red flags. They call themselves promotors but, lets be honest, they're sales people. Everyone starts at the very bottom as a "promotor" and gets paid $8/hour + commission. They're claiming that within 1 year you will be making $90K/year. And within less than 2 years you will be able to go off and own your own business.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. After my second interview I was told to answer 2 questions in an email. After answering the questions, I would receive a call to let me know if I made it to the final interview.

Needless to say, I left the second interview and informed the company I was not interested.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions seemed to be normal interview questions. They did ask some questions with weird wording but the girl who interviewed me had only worked for them since April and didn't seem very experienced.   Answer Question