BoomTown (South Carolina) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

BoomTown (South Carolina) Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BoomTown (South Carolina)

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BoomTown (South Carolina) (Charleston, SC).

Interview

People submit their resumes on line or via referrals internally. Candidates recommended by current employees are given special attention. Typically candidates are given an initial phone interview followed by several in-person interviews. Usually they will first meet with the talent department followed by the hiring manager. Then they will have an in-depth technical interview with several members of the engineering team. They will be asked all kinds of questions related to what they've built, how they've done it, and what they're passionate about. They may also be asked to design things on-the-fly and or write some code to solve a problem in any language they are comfortable with. Usually the last part of the interview process is too see if the candidate is a good culture fit. They are usually interviewed by several people from different parts of the company.

Once the interview process is complete everyone involved in the process sits down and has an open and honest discussion about the candidate and whether or not they're a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Typically it will revolve around solving some kind of technical problem. It's not the same every time and definitely varies depending on who is giving the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary, vacation, and relocation.

Other Interview Reviews for BoomTown (South Carolina)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BoomTown (South Carolina) (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Very casual interview process. Took a short online programming exam, then met with a senior software engineer who told me a little bit about the company and ask a few technical questions. Then went back for another interview and sat down with a few software engineers who ask some technical questions but mostly about my experience and what my understanding was on particular subjects. However, it was very casual and most of the questions were more real life scenario questions instead of theoretical computer science questions. Then finally has a cultural interview with people from various departments. The cultural interview was great and very causal and gave me a better understanding of the company and why people enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred language and/or framework? What was a particularly challenging software bug you had and how did you end up fixing it?   Answer Question