Boots Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boots Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with Dist Mgr and asked each other questions. She was very open about benefits, compensation and the reality of the job. Waited for Corporate to approve position. have to pass drug test, background check and provide 2 references. It was an easy and delightful experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boots

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and the assistant manager saw me right away (the manager was on holiday so couldn't conduct the interviews themselves), however she wasn't fully aware of when I had booked my interview slot..!
    She firstly told me a bit about the position, asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what experience is previously had. This was the extent of the questions!
    We then went on to the shop floor where she asked me to find the cheapest box of paracetamol there was, and to say what I would do to tidy up a shelf.
    From there we then went over to the No7 counter where I had chosen the face wipes to talk about and sell to a customer.
    We then went in to the back room and I explained that I would have to return to university in September which I knew would affect my chances, and she kindly told me that they were probably looking for someone who was going to be with them for a longer period of time, which was completely understandable, but she would see what she could do when deciding with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to meet up a few times ... We had phone interview and A 30 min interview .. It was vet eassy ti the point talked about makeup retail and customer service

Interview Questions

• Questions about skin care and retail   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

it was very easy and direct, normal interview questions. first an interview over the phone then a second interview in person. while interviewing in person they seemed very friendly and understanding. overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• how much retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots in May 2013.

Interview

Answered a ad and they called me in. The manager was so nice and friendly. A few questions about my background, nothing hard at all. They checked my references and called everyone and also I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to apply make-up and are you ok with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

We met and sat down to discuss qualifications. Fair and legal questions were asked. The interviewer was friendly, professional during interview, and explained expectations and duties of the job very well. I was to come in dress code and we took a tour of the Target store I would be in, procedures daily that would be expected and become second nature, meeting different departments that were involved in the health and beauty isles, where Boots shelves were of product.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots.

Interview

The manager was late for the interview. When I finally got called in he said he has no time today so will ask only a couple questions. After that he told me I will be going up to the shop floor so he can see how I work and afterwards he will finish off the interview. I was put in front of the store to promote their star gift make up set. Spent an hour there even though the manager said it would be 30 minutes. He rushed over and said he was on the phone so couldn't come get me. Then we went back to the office and he asked if I would be interested in any other positions at the store. I said yes, depending on the role. That was the whole interview. He did not care about my previous work experience, why I left or what education I've got. The same day I got a call offering me a trainee dispenser position with a tone that said "take it or leave it".

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you made work fun for your colleagues?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with difficult situations at work?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Got through to the interview stage after doing an online assessment, got there and it was the assistant manager taking the interview very lovely girl and the interview wasn't very formal so I felt relaxed and at ease

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email to book a time slot for my interview after successful completion of the online assessment questions, I went to the store at my allocated time. I was firstly asked a few questions normal interview type questions in the office, I was then invited out onto the shop floor to see how I interact with customers and stuff, I was asked to pick an item and explain why i picked it and how I would sell it to a customer and what type of customer it would suit and what other beauty products I would recommend to someone who had an interest in the product I chosen. I was asked to pick out a confident and unconfident customer. I was also give a product a no7 cream to ask customers if they wished to try it. That was the end of the interview I said goodbye and waited to hear a week later that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you spot a confident and unconfident customer   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Leatherhead, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I completed the application online and got a response the day after to ask me to come to an interview, they skipped out the online assessment questions that I'd had to do previously applying for boots. I turned up 5 minutes early, and on arriving the interviewer was unaware she had an interview! The lady was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. She asked competency based questions, and for the second part we went on to the shop floor and was asked a few questions such as picking your favourite product, and determining different types of customers. After the interview she had told me my passion was obvious as I love make up, and I had done so well. Unfortunately I had to ring up over a week later after telling me I would find out within a couple of days, and I did not get the job. However they put my name forward for a position at benefit, so I am yet to have that interview.