Boots Interview Questions in Nottingham, England | Glassdoor

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Lengthy application form, brief call with recruiter, phone interview and face to face.

Complete waste of time and insultingly made to wait a week (despite chasing) to be told I've not got any experience which is not true.

Christmas Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I didn't get the jobas I failed the online assesssment; then I got an email saying they've changed their criteria for the online easement and that I've got the job. I went in for my interview on the Friday and then got an email saying I got the job on the following Monday, which I was really happy about. The interview was very relax and I felt comfortable express myself and talking in front of the manager, he was really friendly and made it easy for me. Also the actual interview process was very easy too.

Interview Questions

• Asked for me to describe a product to them(In the interview email they tell you to think of one or the interview).   1 Answer
    • Asked me to say what I'd do if I saw someone keep picking up products and then putting them down and how I would want them to feel when I help them.   1 Answer
    • Asked 4 questions that was like: tell me a time where you had to work in a teach, tell me about a time where you had to help people etc...   1 Answer

Christmas Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did the online assessment and passed that. Then around a week later got an email which stated that they were offering me an interview. So I went in on the Friday and she photocopied my passport then asked me a few questions about my previous work experience. I was very nervous as this was my first interview so I felt that I sounded really unfriendly and boring. The manager took me on the shop floor to complete a few exercises, which I felt went a bit better. Then got an email a week later stating that they weren't going to offer me the position.

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was fine but directions and information before was very poor and it is not an easy site to get around. I was left wandering around the site and getting lost, trying to find the building. When I found it, it was a one on one interview with the site manager. I asked for feedback following on, but I never got any.

Interview Questions

• About previous employment, about difficult customers, about background. About career aspirations,   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Met for 90 minute chat at Boots HQ. Whole thing was positive and agreeable. Generally the questions were professional without being HR scripted. The mentioned that the successful applicant would have to be able to stand up to project managers trying to get things added to the plan. My only complaint was that they did not reply to let me know if I was successful.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you gave excellent service   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

The manager was 30 mins late but she was very nice and made a conscious effort to make me feel comfortable. First she told me a bit about Boots and the perks of working for them. Then she asked a few scenario questions which have been listed in other reviews here (Why boots? Tell me a time where you've helped a difficult customer. Tell me a time where you've gone out of your way to help a customer etc.). After this we went to the shop floor and I was asked to approach customers and offer them help. Then I had to try and sell the manager a product of my choice, as described in the email before the interview. Then we walked back upstairs and she asked if I had any questions. The actual interview took over an hour, so be prepared to overrun!

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call giving practice responses to customer queries, then a face-to-face interview that was a fairly standard competency-based interview and also involved writing a practice response to a customer email query.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to work under a lot of pressure?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Fill out a long questionnaire online, ~30 minutes - might have been better if the website was a little more stable. I then had to book a telephone interview using this website, and then after I was successful (difficult not to be, I should think - very simple questions), I had to use this website again to book an actual interview. Face-to-face interview took a little over an hour and was very basic. Received a call the following day to invite me to join the company which I accepted, and then was bombarded with emails from Boots asking me to log on to this awful website again and do loads of different things which frankly took forever because of how poor the system was. Was told when my start date was, and then a few days later they changed the time and asked me to arrive by 8:15, which turned out to be pointless as nothing happened until 9 anyway! Also the referencing process was very long and invasive - not appropriate for the level of job that I applied for.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

First stage was a telephone interview with role play and information about the role which lasted about 15 minutes. There was then a face to face interview with tour round office, talk through CV, competency questions, a typing test and an email answering exercise. Interviewer was really friendly and I was made to feel at ease throughout the whole process.

Future Leaders Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boots (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview, assessment centre. The day was quite relaxed and the interviewers were working to get the best out of you rather than putting interviewees under too much pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing