Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Aberdeen, MD | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Aberdeen, MD

2.4

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The office at Booz Allen where I interviewed was in the process of hiring a significant number of people, so the interview was a bit of a cattle call. About a dozen of us were herded into a big room, and every half hour for an hour and a half the hiring managers would rotate around the room and talk to a different candidate, speed dating style. Every one of the Booz Allen side started their interview by apologizing for the process, as well they should. Maybe this is an efficient way to hire, say, fast food workers, but not six figure professionals -- it was a bit off-putting.
    That said, I was very impressed with the caliber of the Booz Allen technical staff. They are all friendly, smart, and passionate about their work.
    The HR staff was not quite so impressive -- they all seemed very inexperienced, and did not have a good system in place to manage such a large volume of interviews. For example, I got three different, pretty much identically worded emails from three different people on the HR staff, notifying me of my interview date/time/location and asking me to confirm that I'd be there (I dutifully replied to each one). Before I got an offer, one of the HR people called to feel me out on how much I was looking for, but couldn't even describe which job they would be hiring me for. In fact, he seemed not to have even considered the possibility that I would ask.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember -- the usual sorts of questions, nothing exceptionally difficult. They seemed to be assessing organizational fit more than grilling me about my knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Primarily salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD).

Interview

Good interaction with a recruiter and hiring manager. Phone interview had softball questions and minimal salary negotiations. In person interview was conducted with numerous team members in a "speed dating" style and caped by an interview with the Senior Associate. This interview took about 3 -4 hours. Overall, this could be intense if I hadn't conducted research ahead of time to learn about the speed dating approach and typical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember - everything was relatively simple, just a lot, with a lot of different people over a few hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation - paid my asking price

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD).

Interview

Aberdeen recruiting staff is very flaky and bad with communication during hiring process. BAH doesn't appear to know what their customer(s) need staffing-wise. Not uncommon to get deep in hiring process only for client to not be interested in adding a position - much time wasted (months).

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was "why should we hire you?" because no one asks that question anymore.   2 Answers

Decided to stay at my current job. Was excited at first but nothing about the hiring process or the people i'd be working with impressed me. Would only recommend interviewing at this location if you have the time to chase down their recruiters to NOT get answers.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I became interested in the company through a referral and submitted an application on the website. I then connected with recruiter on LinkedIn and was contacted via phone the next day. From there I was scheduled for a web interview with three different teams. The online interview was very stress-free and more of me interviewing them and asking them questions. They value military experience and leadership skills acquired through military.

After the interview, I was transferred to another recruiter for the area I was applying to. He was very hard to get answers from. He would call and give me good news and tell me that he had to get back with the team and would call me back at a given timeline. After the second timeline wasn't met, I began calling him.

I received an offer only after I called and told him that I had another offer that I had to answer by the end of the week. From that point on (for the rest of the day), he was very proactive. He called back within the next hour with an offer. I countered for negotation and was told that they will not be able to get in my range, but they could get closer. Within the hour, they counter-offered highered than what I expected and was in my range.

Interview Questions

• All standard interview questions. Very stress free. Focus more on questions that you will ask, and ask a lot of questions and show interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent an initial offer lower than my range and was told to compare to my other offer. I called back and told them that my other offer was in my range and would like to negotiate higher. Recruiter told me that he didn't think that he could get me into my range, but could get me closer. He called back an hour later with an offer within my range and higher than my other offer.

Bioscience Sonsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD) in October 2008.

Interview

I passed my resume to someone in the company (the best way to get your resume noticed) and was called in for an interview. I interviewed with five people for a total of three hours. Afterwards, I was allowed to ask questions and was given a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you used your expertise in another field (one that I may have been more suited for)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do a good job of negotiating.