Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Annapolis Junction, MD | Glassdoor

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. The initial personality review, job technical interview and work center fit interview. Each interview was performed by a different employee and the interviews were accomplished over two weeks.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Very positive. Just be honest about your talents and skills. It will seem daunting at first but that is just to make the best judgment of character. Be confident, but not TOO confident. If you don't know something, just tell them instead of fabricating stuff. They like people who think outside the box.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience, what tools shave you used, how long have you been doing it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered through the recruiter. Accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. They only had me conduct a phone interview and an in person interview which both didn't take long. They do ask some technical questions and then they do go over your resume to see where you would fit best. Overall, the interviewing process wasn't too long. The people are very nice about the interview and there aren't any trick questions that would catch you off guard. This may be just from my experience but I thought that it was a easy and smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• They do look at your resume and ask:
       what types of programming at your good at?
      When should you use one language compared to another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions

• I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

The first interview with human resources which involved only typical questions. The second phone interview was with a data scientist from DC. This was a very relaxed interview with typical questions. My third interview was on Skype with a Data Scientist project leader. He asked several difficult behavioral questions. The position required TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required. After filing out background information forms for security clearance I was immediately told "we regretfully do not have the right position available at this time."

DNI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for position on SDS contract. Conducted F-T-F interview with a junior employee for about 20 minutes. It was clear that they were looking for specific answers and didn't care about anything else.

Recommend that you volunteer information about your experience that you think is relevant, because they didn't ask for it. Finding out the results of the interview was like pulling teeth.

Interview Questions

• Every question was technical oriented, but not one about previous job experience. It is apparent that the interviewer was working off a check-list, with no effort to "personalize" the process. I could have been dressed like a Somali pirate and armed with an AK-47, as long as I said "yes" to having working knowledge of specific software apps and databases. This is how Eric Snowden got his job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fast, but I had 2 BAH employees recommending me. I though the interview team was a little junior/in-experienced, but I felt comfortable and they did ask enough technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward, I accepted the offered salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and was asked fairly standard interview questions. About a week later, I met in-person with HR and two members of the technology team. The interview was fairly standard and there were not any particularly difficult questions. It took about a month to receive a written offer. They use temps and outsource much of HR so that seems to add some confusion. After the offer the background check took an eternity. Years. Ultimately I decided to discontinue the process.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Overall the interview process went well in that I was able to speak with all of the hiring decision makers on the same day. Initially there was a phone interview with the recruiter. After the phone screen the recruiter called back within 24 hours and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be 5 years from now with your career?
      Why are you seeking new employment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview, that was a basic review of my resume. Was asked to setup a group panel interview which I accepted, interview lasted about 45 Minutes. Received an offer about 3 days later. Offer was what I expected them to offer, but not what I was seeking.

Interview Questions

• What machine would you use to take over network if you had choice   1 Answer
    • What work environment are you looking for   1 Answer

The offer was less than I asked for, while my asking price was reasonable based on my previous pay.