Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

screen interview occurs first. meeting with managers occur next. Straight forward process. 2 weeks total. have to understand how negotiate certain things related to pay.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Booz Allen ?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two interviews for positions on two different teams, competed separately. Interviews were one on one with team leads. Interviews were set-up based on submission of resume at job fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 5+ hr (was told this would last 1hr) in person round robin and then a follow on phone int. Only ever received glowing feedback, but was handed to IT infrastructure team for final interview, why I don't know. After final phone interview I never heard from them again - not even a thank you for the extensive time I wasted with them.

Interview Questions

• Given your data science background, why would you want to work in IT infrastructure?   1 Answer

Synthetic Biology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

A series of phone and in person interviews with both scientific staff and HR reps. Interviewed with Booz Allen employees as well as client. Overall there were 4 phone interviews, and three in person interviews. There were no issues or curve balls, very straight forward and professional process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Great experience, friendly staff... Online resume. Emails from a recruiter then Two 20 minute phone interviews with a recruiter. Followed by a four person board review. More of a conversation than direct questioning. Seemed to focus on future commitment and intent.

Interview Questions

• Conversational style of interview.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview with technical HR recruiter who said they can't hire data scientists fast enough. Then onsite with three 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all very casual and easygoing with not many technical questions. I received an offer within the week. But after two months, I still didn't have a start date and they finally said there was no position available. There wasn't a lot of transparency around the position I had been offered or why it disappeared.

Senior Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple and designed to elicit conversation. I was encouraged to share stories/solutions, but was never put on the spot. I would have to say the program leads knew what they were looking for, and the type of personality they wanted to add to the team.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience with government acquisition taught you?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days. We had a brief (20 minute) conversation about my experience. I received an email from an "interview coordinator" the next day who scheduled the interview. When I showed up to the interview, there were two other individuals applying for the same position. That was a little awkward. We were all brought into one conference room and told that Booz hires in anticipation of future project needs, so there was not necessarily one position available, but that different people may have different skills sets needed on the overall team. Each interviewee was sent to a different office and three different individuals rotated between the rooms to conduct 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty standard - no tricky questions. Mostly about past experience, why I was interested in working with Booz, what my dream job would be (how I would actually spend my day), lots of behavioral questions and those sorts of things. I received a phone call the next week with an informal offer, then a written offer after negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine. Because you are working wiht a recruiter, it makes the situation a bit easier. I was asked salary requirements in phone screening, and they agreed that my requirements were within the range for the position. I was told Booz does not typically negotiate salary, but I was able to make a small increase in base salary.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The phone screen was pretty quick, all the questions were basically things she could have gotten from my online application. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person at the Crystal City office. There were about 5 other candidates interviewing for the same position when I got there. Interview was with 3 separate people from the team. Most of the questions focused on why I wanted to work for Booz Allen and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were not very relaxed and it was not really a great experience. I wasn't interested in working for them anymore and accepted another offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I forwarded my resume and brief description through an active BAH employee, who referred me to the company and then applied in the BAH internal system. This is the standard at BAH, it is difficult to apply on your own unless you time a hiring cycle well. A few weeks later I was invited for an interview at the VA Headquarters. I arrived to find myself among about 15 others. Interview was fairly straightforward meeting a few mid level managers and one senior manager. Questions were background related and about the firm. About three weeks later I was made an offer. Then I had to go through the government interview process to get a security clearance which took several months.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength/weakness?
      What makes you interested in the firm?
      Etc.   Answer Question