Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.7

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Applied to the position online and received an email in two days from the recruiter to set up a time to talk. I do believe this is due to the fact that the job posted was a position that I performed at a higher level for several years. However, upon talking to the recruiter, even though he verified I was very qualified for the position, he proceeded to lecture me about my salary requirements being too high, that since this was an associate position (even though listed as lead) Booz rarely hires cold off that and prefers to promote within. He did not know much more about the position than what was posted, and lectured me about any recruiter that ever claims that they know anything more about the position they are lying. Then he goes into how long he's been a recruiter and his history. I found this call to be extremely unprofessionally handled. He very much inserted his opinion about my ability to get the position based on his knowledge of how Booz hires on salary rather than using my qualifications to move me on to the next step of the interview and let the hiring team be the deciding factor. It didn't make sense that I over qualified for the basic requirements of the position which he claimed not to know any other technical details, yet seemed reluctant to move to me a short call with the hiring team due to his opinion on what he thought my salary worth was.

If this is the type of recruiters that Booz is using, they are easily missing top qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two interviews for positions on two different teams, competed separately. Interviews were one on one with team leads. Interviews were set-up based on submission of resume at job fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. The process went through several layers of team and management structure. Be mindful of your stamina if you have 3-4 interviews back-to-back. The last interview of the day is likely to be the actual hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BAH recruiter. They had found my resume online. I was told the company was looking for several Dynamics CRM developers as soon as possible. The job description matched my skill set very closely. I was told someone will contact me to setup an interview within couple of days. I received an email a few days later with instructions to dial in to conduct an interview without coordinating with me prior to the interview time. I received a phone call in the morning of my interview by another recruiter. When I told her that nobody had coordinated with me and I would not be available for the interview, she apologized and setup the interview for another day. I had 45 minutes talk with 3 people over the phone. One interviewer was a lady who said she was not technical but also said that it seemed like I had not done a lot of technical work on my last job because of my title at my last job (CRM Administrator). I told her that my title did not represent my work. The company that I was working for was a small company and the title was misleading and as a matter of fact I had done technical work for them. The other 2 interviewers sounded young but they said they were Architects. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone too. The questions were easy and I answered them all. They asked some behavioral questions too. Two days later I was contacted by the second recruiter who had scheduled my interview, congratulating me that I had got the job. She went over my benefits and pay. One thing that raised a red flag for me during our conversation was that she said why don't you think about this offer (it was on Friday morning) and get back to me on Monday to let me know if you are going to accept the offer. Why would a company want such a thing was a little weird to me. Usually, when a company offers you a job, they want you to accept it right away or as soon as possible. I told her that the offer was acceptable to me and I was excited to join the company.
    She said great, then I will send you the formal offer by Monday COB likely. Another red flag. Why would a offer letter take that long and why likely when I knew that they were looking for candidates as soon as possible. My feeling was that they were looking for people and wanted to line up some candidates and then choose the cheapest one. That is why they wanted to push this back as long as they could so they can interview more people while keeping some in the queue while looking for more candidates. Anyways, I waited until Tuesday, contacted her and asked her how things were going and that I had not received the offer yet. She said she was waiting for the team and that she will get back to me by the end of week (why that long I said to myself). End of week came and no offer letter. She finally called me the next week (10 days after the initial verbal offer) and said unfortunately, team has decided not to move forward with the offer. I guess like I said they found people who asked for less. Very unprofessional. Never in my 15+ years of career had seen anything like this. Fortunately, I received another offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty organized and to the point. The whole interview takes about a hour, but the technical interview takes the majority of that time. Answer questions to the best of your knowledge and be confident.

Interview Questions

• How many bytes are in a MAC Address?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Very easy application process. Being a referral, I was able to get an interview very quickly.

In person interview was both for personal fit and technical expertise. All done within 1 hour and the decision turnaround was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit questions. Very concerned about fitting you what you want, and placing you where you want.   Answer Question
    • Standard technical questions. Very easy an comfortable setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially submitted my resume online for a different position that I was eventually hired for. I was called by someone in the HR organization asking me if I would be willing to come in to the office for one of their hiring events. For the hiring event, I was seated at a table and given a schedule of different hiring managers that would be coming around to talk to me. I printed out multiple copies of my resume ready to hand out to them but each of them showed up with a copy of my resume along with notes and questions ready to ask me.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about your previous experiences working in this field   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Round robin interview style from several managers. Usually one on one for 20 mins or so then the next manager walks in, about 2 hours or so. Engaging and thought provoking questions. Does the candidate "fit" the company style questions. Some interviewers were also from departments not necessarily applied for. Wanted to see if candidate may be better suited elsewhere. Better shot if someone refers the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based, and how I would respond with changing variables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview included both in-person and telephone contacts. Interviewers were late to arrive and despite wanting to talk about a role as a longer term employee for the company, constantly badgered me about what my salary expectations were. The interview was conducted late in the afternoon at their request, but I received the distinct impression that I was holding them up from something more important...like leaving for the day.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Great overall interview experience! I had an initial phone screen and then had to work through some challenges scheduling the face to face interview, the interviewers and my schedules had conflicting availability. Once the interview was scheduled, I had the opportunity to have one on one interviews with most of the team I would be directly working with. Meeting with so many members of the team was a great opportunity to not only learn about the work, but also the type of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Asked several situational questions specific to the position, specifically looking to how I would react to specific problems   1 Answer