Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty organized and to the point. The whole interview takes about a hour, but the technical interview takes the majority of that time. Answer questions to the best of your knowledge and be confident.

Interview Questions

• How many bytes are in a MAC Address?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Very easy application process. Being a referral, I was able to get an interview very quickly.

In person interview was both for personal fit and technical expertise. All done within 1 hour and the decision turnaround was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit questions. Very concerned about fitting you what you want, and placing you where you want.   Answer Question
    • Standard technical questions. Very easy an comfortable setting.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Round robin interview style from several managers. Usually one on one for 20 mins or so then the next manager walks in, about 2 hours or so. Engaging and thought provoking questions. Does the candidate "fit" the company style questions. Some interviewers were also from departments not necessarily applied for. Wanted to see if candidate may be better suited elsewhere. Better shot if someone refers the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based, and how I would respond with changing variables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview included both in-person and telephone contacts. Interviewers were late to arrive and despite wanting to talk about a role as a longer term employee for the company, constantly badgered me about what my salary expectations were. The interview was conducted late in the afternoon at their request, but I received the distinct impression that I was holding them up from something more important...like leaving for the day.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Great overall interview experience! I had an initial phone screen and then had to work through some challenges scheduling the face to face interview, the interviewers and my schedules had conflicting availability. Once the interview was scheduled, I had the opportunity to have one on one interviews with most of the team I would be directly working with. Meeting with so many members of the team was a great opportunity to not only learn about the work, but also the type of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Asked several situational questions specific to the position, specifically looking to how I would react to specific problems   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Straight forward interview - just a conversation with two senior associates and an HR overview. It was for a PM position and they basically were having a big hiring day with lots of candidates present.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, two in person interviews, and one interview with an HR rep. The phone and in person went well, however the HR rep supplies misinformation that was detrimental to what I had expected.

Interview Questions

• The usual interview questions, about skills and what I'd world on in the past, and my interests in the future. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very straightforward interview, no trick questions or anything like that. The interviewer explained details about the position I was interviewing for, and explained the organization of the government client that the contract supports. He asked me to relate my skills and experience to the position, and we also talked about the culture and working environment.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I liked to write policy, which was one of the duties of the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process began with phone inquiries from two BAH recruiters. Took a couple of weeks of back and forth with calls and email before the actual interview. The interview itself was with four members of the team - one on one for 30 minutes each. Each provided an overview of the position and current status of work/contracts for each team. Questions were fairly standard - nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Reviewed my qualifications and certain items from my resume which were applicable to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered about what I expected, but I negotiated for more of course. They ended up meeting me in the middle, which was ultimately what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via our university recruitment site. A newly-hired associate emailed to set up a screening call a few days later. The screening call was pretty informal -- more about BAH's commercial practice (which they are starting again), my background, and would I be interested in what they were doing. I said yes to the interview process. The interview process was not what I was expecting. Six total interviews over that started at 9am with the day ending at 4pm. First interview was light -- the interviewer was more interested in talking about her previous experience at the firm and I got a chance to ask a few questions. We ran out of time before she could ask her case question. Second hour was a one-hour written case -- lots of slides, number, facts, and you had to write out a slide deck for presentation. I was asked to sit in an empty room for one hour after that (I stared out the window b/c there was nothing to do). Third interview was a case -- stumbled through that b/c I wasn't expecting it. Fourth interview as a presentation and defense of the written case to two people (one was an associate), and then another case was immediately thrown at me. I was questioning the logic behind the back-to-back cases. It wasn't expected based on previous reviews posted here. The last interview was with the principle of the practice, and yet another case. It was a pretty exhausting day b/c it was a bunch of case studies -- none of them quantitative (P&L, M&A, etc.) but a lot about market launch -- what would be the market launch plans for x,y,z? In truth, I didn't prep well (I'm in the middle of final exams), but the number of cases and the lack of any meaningful Q&A suggests something about this group (the new commercial unit at BAH attempting to revive the old Booz & Co flag I believe). I'm not sure what they were looking. Probably could care less if you had any collaboration skills or were morally bankrupt. They spend almost no time asking anything about me or my experience -- nothing behavioral or even remotely personal. It wasn't almost robotic and completely transactional . Not really sure what this team is attempting to achieve, but definitely not a positive interview experience. Previous Booz consultant I debriefed with suggested the interview was so left-field (for Booz) that it suggested this team is still trying to figure things out. Someone may go through this process and likely come out with a very different interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If the US postal service were spun off into a private firm, how would you advise them in terms of increasing their revenues?   Answer Question