Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

They had my resume and expressed interest but then it took several weeks for them to set up an interview. I had to inquire several times before they finally set something up, and then I interviewed with two of the senior associates. They didn't seem to have much time for the interview and it was very short. I was hired but not sure it had anything to do with how I performed at my interview.

Interview Questions

• If I dropped you at the client site tomorrow, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small sign on bonus but no change in the salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Have had three interviews now with two different teams so far. Both teams conducted on site interviews combining one on one and group interviews. No real surprises and plenty of candid give and take about the firm's culture, business and prospects. Very collegial, but they also were pretty artful about inserting "real" interview questions into the discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Recruiter setup date (which is apparently "interview day"). Feels a bit impersonal. SOmeone from HR gives the overview and benefits review. 3 reviewers interview you one by one. Each interviewer is designated to examine a certain aspect of your abilities. I can't recall the three viewpoints, but the recruiter tells you upfront. I came away feeling like I'd read a brochure.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth. 4 different manager had interviewed and they were impressed by my skills and H.R called me and give verbal offer and mentioned that they want me to bring on board. Their salary is decent but less compared to industry standard. They were not ready to fudge.

Interview Questions

• What was toughest challange at the project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't fudge with the salary offer. You have to wait for review after 6 months to get any hike.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2008.

Interview

An external recruiter randomly called me. I didn't even know Booz Allen existed. At the time I was at Dept. of Homeland Security and was misserable. I went in to interview and there were two guys and they were very sharp. They asked me a couple subject matter questions that were easy. About a week later, they gave me an offer with more than I asked for.

Negotiation

Make sure to ask for a good solid number. In my case I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview, that was a basic review of my resume. Was asked to setup a group panel interview which I accepted, interview lasted about 45 Minutes. Received an offer about 3 days later. Offer was what I expected them to offer, but not what I was seeking.

Interview Questions

• What machine would you use to take over network if you had choice   1 Answer
    • What work environment are you looking for   1 Answer

The offer was less than I asked for, while my asking price was reasonable based on my previous pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

HR Recruiter called me to discuss the position and asked me to come in for an interview the following week. Interview lasted 2 hours at one half hour a piece talking with 4 teammembers. the interview went really well and I left thinking I had a great opportunity at moving forward. The HR Recruiter said I would definately hear from him by the following Tuesday. He has since disappeared. He has not answered my phone calls or emails regarding this position. I feel that the follow through portion of this process was handled awfully.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Meet with many teams in a hotel conferenc room. Recruiters met with us in a room to tell all candidates about the firm. Then Candidates sat at a table and interview teams moved through the room. Was asked specific questions about experience, clients and skills. Interview teams were very nice and very professional (all were wearing suits). They did not get the resumes in advance so they were reviewing them as we talked. This quick interview seemed to lead to hiring decisions that very evening.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult client situation and how you responded.   1 Answer
    • They asked about the complexity of schedules that I have managed in the past, to include line items, dependencies and resource loading.   1 Answer

Negotiation

some room to negotiate - don't drag it out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

As has been noted elsewhere on this site, the BAH hiring process is quite streamlined. About a week after I posted my resume on their website, I had a phone screen with an HR subcontractor. That subcontractor scheduled me for what he referred to as a "technical event," at which there was good food and an info session followed by the group interview, where perhaps a dozen applicants who sat at tables while various project managers rotated through and asked questions. The HR subcontractor also mentioned as a possible second, separate interview. A couple of the interviewers had already looked at my resume and made notes, while the other two or three were clearly seeing it for the first time. Despite the event's name, none of the questions asked were technical in nature. I think the interviewers were evaluating more of professional bearing and whether I could impress a client with my presentation and credentials. After the first event, my second event was cancelled -- one of the teams from the first event was interested, and BAH does not want to compete with itself for a hire. I got an offer (this time from a BAH employee) about a week later, and there was a bit of online paperwork involved. I thought the initial offer was slightly below market -- not as low as others have noted elsewhere on this site -- and I explained what I thought was a reasonable range, ~5-10% above their initial offer. I also asked to talk to the hiring manager so I could be sure that the project was a good fit for me, a conversation the HR rep quickly arranged. Afterwards BAH came back with a number in the middle of the range I gave them. Although I ultimately declined the offer, I had a positive experience with the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. General questions on experience ("describe a situation in which you did X") and reason for interest in the company, etc.   Answer Question

Although my experience with BAH was very positive, I received another offer that was a shorter commute and more closely aligned to my interests (albeit at a slightly lower salary).

BAH's HR rep was very gracious when I declined, and I would certainly reconnect if my situation ever changed.

Application

Interview

A friend referred me to BAH's HR department so got a call within a day about their Wednesday event at Sheraton hotel. It was like a job fair event kinda thing where you go to which ever team interests you and talk to them about open positions. Every one asked wether or not I have security clearance, which I didn't and it seemed like they were only interested in people who have been cleared so they can put them to work right away. Everybody was very nice and tried to help me get the position I was looking for but almost all of the jobs required some coding/programming experience which I didn't so I was disappointed. Anyways got a call couple of days ago that they are sending me an offer soon, so looks like I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will start next week.