Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. The process went through several layers of team and management structure. Be mindful of your stamina if you have 3-4 interviews back-to-back. The last interview of the day is likely to be the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BAH recruiter. They had found my resume online. I was told the company was looking for several Dynamics CRM developers as soon as possible. The job description matched my skill set very closely. I was told someone will contact me to setup an interview within couple of days. I received an email a few days later with instructions to dial in to conduct an interview without coordinating with me prior to the interview time. I received a phone call in the morning of my interview by another recruiter. When I told her that nobody had coordinated with me and I would not be available for the interview, she apologized and setup the interview for another day. I had 45 minutes talk with 3 people over the phone. One interviewer was a lady who said she was not technical but also said that it seemed like I had not done a lot of technical work on my last job because of my title at my last job (CRM Administrator). I told her that my title did not represent my work. The company that I was working for was a small company and the title was misleading and as a matter of fact I had done technical work for them. The other 2 interviewers sounded young but they said they were Architects. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone too. The questions were easy and I answered them all. They asked some behavioral questions too. Two days later I was contacted by the second recruiter who had scheduled my interview, congratulating me that I had got the job. She went over my benefits and pay. One thing that raised a red flag for me during our conversation was that she said why don't you think about this offer (it was on Friday morning) and get back to me on Monday to let me know if you are going to accept the offer. Why would a company want such a thing was a little weird to me. Usually, when a company offers you a job, they want you to accept it right away or as soon as possible. I told her that the offer was acceptable to me and I was excited to join the company.
    She said great, then I will send you the formal offer by Monday COB likely. Another red flag. Why would a offer letter take that long and why likely when I knew that they were looking for candidates as soon as possible. My feeling was that they were looking for people and wanted to line up some candidates and then choose the cheapest one. That is why they wanted to push this back as long as they could so they can interview more people while keeping some in the queue while looking for more candidates. Anyways, I waited until Tuesday, contacted her and asked her how things were going and that I had not received the offer yet. She said she was waiting for the team and that she will get back to me by the end of week (why that long I said to myself). End of week came and no offer letter. She finally called me the next week (10 days after the initial verbal offer) and said unfortunately, team has decided not to move forward with the offer. I guess like I said they found people who asked for less. Very unprofessional. Never in my 15+ years of career had seen anything like this. Fortunately, I received another offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty organized and to the point. The whole interview takes about a hour, but the technical interview takes the majority of that time. Answer questions to the best of your knowledge and be confident.

Interview Questions

• How many bytes are in a MAC Address?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Very easy application process. Being a referral, I was able to get an interview very quickly.

In person interview was both for personal fit and technical expertise. All done within 1 hour and the decision turnaround was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit questions. Very concerned about fitting you what you want, and placing you where you want.   Answer Question
    • Standard technical questions. Very easy an comfortable setting.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Round robin interview style from several managers. Usually one on one for 20 mins or so then the next manager walks in, about 2 hours or so. Engaging and thought provoking questions. Does the candidate "fit" the company style questions. Some interviewers were also from departments not necessarily applied for. Wanted to see if candidate may be better suited elsewhere. Better shot if someone refers the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based, and how I would respond with changing variables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview included both in-person and telephone contacts. Interviewers were late to arrive and despite wanting to talk about a role as a longer term employee for the company, constantly badgered me about what my salary expectations were. The interview was conducted late in the afternoon at their request, but I received the distinct impression that I was holding them up from something more important...like leaving for the day.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Great overall interview experience! I had an initial phone screen and then had to work through some challenges scheduling the face to face interview, the interviewers and my schedules had conflicting availability. Once the interview was scheduled, I had the opportunity to have one on one interviews with most of the team I would be directly working with. Meeting with so many members of the team was a great opportunity to not only learn about the work, but also the type of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Asked several situational questions specific to the position, specifically looking to how I would react to specific problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to a cattle call. Sat down and two different managers came over for 30 minutes interviews. Follow up phone call a week later and then an off a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement among team members?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Straight forward interview - just a conversation with two senior associates and an HR overview. It was for a PM position and they basically were having a big hiring day with lots of candidates present.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, two in person interviews, and one interview with an HR rep. The phone and in person went well, however the HR rep supplies misinformation that was detrimental to what I had expected.

Interview Questions

• The usual interview questions, about skills and what I'd world on in the past, and my interests in the future. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question