Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via our university recruitment site. A newly-hired associate emailed to set up a screening call a few days later. The screening call was pretty informal -- more about BAH's commercial practice (which they are starting again), my background, and would I be interested in what they were doing. I said yes to the interview process. The interview process was not what I was expecting. Six total interviews over that started at 9am with the day ending at 4pm. First interview was light -- the interviewer was more interested in talking about her previous experience at the firm and I got a chance to ask a few questions. We ran out of time before she could ask her case question. Second hour was a one-hour written case -- lots of slides, number, facts, and you had to write out a slide deck for presentation. I was asked to sit in an empty room for one hour after that (I stared out the window b/c there was nothing to do). Third interview was a case -- stumbled through that b/c I wasn't expecting it. Fourth interview as a presentation and defense of the written case to two people (one was an associate), and then another case was immediately thrown at me. I was questioning the logic behind the back-to-back cases. It wasn't expected based on previous reviews posted here. The last interview was with the principle of the practice, and yet another case. It was a pretty exhausting day b/c it was a bunch of case studies -- none of them quantitative (P&L, M&A, etc.) but a lot about market launch -- what would be the market launch plans for x,y,z? In truth, I didn't prep well (I'm in the middle of final exams), but the number of cases and the lack of any meaningful Q&A suggests something about this group (the new commercial unit at BAH attempting to revive the old Booz & Co flag I believe). I'm not sure what they were looking. Probably could care less if you had any collaboration skills or were morally bankrupt. They spend almost no time asking anything about me or my experience -- nothing behavioral or even remotely personal. It wasn't almost robotic and completely transactional . Not really sure what this team is attempting to achieve, but definitely not a positive interview experience. Previous Booz consultant I debriefed with suggested the interview was so left-field (for Booz) that it suggested this team is still trying to figure things out. Someone may go through this process and likely come out with a very different interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If the US postal service were spun off into a private firm, how would you advise them in terms of increasing their revenues?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall great experience. The interview was more of a conversation as the interviewer was more interested in learning about my past experiences listed on my resume. The interviewer asked me to describe my past background and why I was interested in consulting. Then the interviewer asked if I had questions about this role and Booz Allen Hamilton in general.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was walked around the firm and interviewed with 5-6 individuals. The questions were not at all difficult, but more focused around whether I'd be a good fit with the work force in San Diego. I felt the interview process was well-orchestrated and very fair and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, via an HR employee, I countered and they accepted my counter-offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruiter discussion on phone, panel interview with other departments, long application process which takes place on line, complete security clearance and review that information with the security office. Questions about experience and career target, goals. Would I relocate.

Interview Questions

• Experience with SPAWAR market, where do I see myself in 5-10 years. What would I like to do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. 30 minutes with 3 people from the team. Most team members asked similar questions. 2 other people were interviewing for the same position which was a bit unexpected. The recruiter was there as well to greet you and explain the process. Afterwards they mentioned that they will review how you did with the other team members that interviewed you and the recruiter will reach out with an update.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a difficult client situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Clear, met with a variety of people, was brought out to lunch, each person gave me a clear understanding of their role and how long they've been at Booz. I was given an idea of the projects that I'd be working on, what the expectations are and how they are managed. The interview group was able to articulate where their team fell in the overall Booz Allen company.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would describe the interview as somewhat stressful. There was a total of 6 people I interviewed with and included potential bosses and peers, either in the same capability as I or those I would be working with. The interview process took approximately 5 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• You were given the typical situational type questions that a consultant might face and technical questions for the capability I was being interviewed for (business process improvement)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I reached out a number of times to a contact I had made. It took a long time to get my resume submitted and a few months to hear back. Once I heard back, a group interview was scheduled and I they made an offer within a few days. The interview questions focused on understanding my background and interest in working in the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Over the phone. Very cordial, professional and to-the-point. My one question about the foreign language proficiency was downplayed - all the way up until the customer dug in their heels, by which point it was too late - I was already on the site, then dropped like a bad habit.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Each was timeboxed to 30 min and split evenly between building rapport and case study. These case studies were varied but focused on my industry. Due to scheduling challenges on my and the interviewer's sides, the in person interviews were on two different days.

Interview Questions

• I came from a corporation so the emphasis was, why consulting? Could I handle the lifestyle?   Answer Question