Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions

• What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were none.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a few different groups depends on their interest, each about 30 minutes. There was four groups that interviewed me, and they do ask very specific technical question. Be sure you can read your resume carefully and be prepared they will ask for questions on it.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very pleasant and professional. Interviewed with 4 different people. Very nice office. Very good first impressions from everyone in the office. You get the sense that everyone there values you time and gives you respect.