Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate Interview

Interview

Very pleasant and professional. Interviewed with 4 different people. Very nice office. Very good first impressions from everyone in the office. You get the sense that everyone there values you time and gives you respect.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions

• I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. I was asked about previous experiences and how they may relate to the current task order. The interview was a panel process where I was interviewed by multiple team members. I think they're more interested in background coupled with personality fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The offered a lower salary and would not negotiate on vesting or vacation to compensate.

Associate Interview

Interview

After a fairly standard pre-screen process I was invited to an 'interview event' where four Senior Associates rotated through asking questions. Most of the questions are situational based but I have heard of case interviews as well. Mostly it was about being able to quickly establish a rapport with the interviewer and express oneself well.

Interview Questions

• No surprise questions, they do a good job getting you ready for what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate - take it or leave it

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Only had 1 round in person - met with 2 people for about 45 min each. Easy going convo.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was only able to negotiate bonus

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was fortunate and knew someone...no interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I initially asked for

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

Met with four senior managers and an HR representative. Found out after that only two of the managers really mattered. Reviewed my resume multiple times during meetings. Met with HR representative to discuss culture of company and salary expectations. Received call a couple months later from HR extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• No overly difficult questions. Asked about background and skill-set. Very professional.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Our interview process evaluates your skills, thinking, and experience. You’ll meet with several employees from different teams who will give a cross-section view of Booz Allen and look for quantifiable examples of functional expertise, consulting skills, teamwork, and leadership.