Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.5

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Disclaimer: I do not have a Full Scope Polygraph, and I work in the Maryland area.

I attempted to apply to Booz Allen over a span of two months. I had two current employees attempting to help get my resume in front of the right people. Over this time period I spoke with no less than four recruiters, and was frequently left without response for weeks at a time. None of the recruiters were Booz; they all were outside consultants with MBO Partners. It was very clear throughout the whole process that as soon as they learned I didn't have an FSP, I was the lowest priority.

One month in, I applied to an open position that did not require a clearance; I finally got a call four weeks later about my application, long after I'd given up and accepted work elsewhere. During this four week period, I worked with two different recruiters trying to get my application seen, and both dropped out of contact without warning.

I get it. The NSA and full-poly jobs are the biggest thing going for Booz. Other things are not a priority. But this experience was far and above the most frustrating hiring experience I've ever seen. I would have even accepted honest responses: "I primarily look at full-scope people. I will try to help you, but it could be awhile while I focus on priority applicants."

But being ignored mid-discussion is bad enough once, much less by four independent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have or are you willing to sit for a full-scope polygraph?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I met the 1st interviewer and answered questions about myself and my experience. The second interviewer asked all technical questions. and then I was on my way out the door.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Very easy application process. Being a referral, I was able to get an interview very quickly.

In person interview was both for personal fit and technical expertise. All done within 1 hour and the decision turnaround was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit questions. Very concerned about fitting you what you want, and placing you where you want.   Answer Question
    • Standard technical questions. Very easy an comfortable setting.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview, then I had a phone interview with members of the team, and eventually was brought in for an interview in MD. I felt like the interview went well but did not receive an offer. I inquired and was told that the reason was that my starting salary requirements were too high. I only requested the same salary I was making at my current job, which is below average for data scientists in that area. I can only conclude that they don't pay well, which is contrary to what I have heard. HR also mixed up my email address with the candidate they chose to hire, and I received some of her HR emails, which is incredible unprofessional.

Senior Cyber Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview first consisted of a phone interview with a member currently holding the position. After successful completion of that interview I attended an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next several years

Are you willing to complete additional certification courses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was initially offered what I requested by the hiring manager afterwards was told by a different individual because of my experience they could only offer me approximately 3-4,000 a year less than I requested

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. The initial personality review, job technical interview and work center fit interview. Each interview was performed by a different employee and the interviews were accomplished over two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Belcamp, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter and was asked basic questions about my experience, what type of work I was interested in and salary requirements. After that I attended an interview that felt like speed dating. There were several others who were interviewing for different positions. We were all led into a room and each one of us sat at a separate table. I was Interviewed by 3 team leads from different sectors (software developer, operation research and process engineer). Each person interviewed me for about 30 minutes and generally asked me questions based on my resume. After the interview session, HR advised that they would contact each of us to provide feedback. That didn't happen and I didn't even bother following up with them.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Very positive. Just be honest about your talents and skills. It will seem daunting at first but that is just to make the best judgment of character. Be confident, but not TOO confident. If you don't know something, just tell them instead of fabricating stuff. They like people who think outside the box.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience, what tools shave you used, how long have you been doing it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered through the recruiter. Accepted.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Belcamp, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume for a position online. She asked a few questions based off my resume and asked what aspects I enjoyed most. Then she set me up for a hiring event/interview for the following week. There were several other candidates there for various positions as well. We were all guided to a conference room and seated at separate tables in the room. During the 2 hours (barely), several Leads from different sections bounced from table to table asking us questions about our experiences and performances based on our resumes. They also shared info on what BAH had to offer and gave us the opportunity to ask them questions about the company and what to expect while being a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue/problem that you fast in your last position that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The office at Booz Allen where I interviewed was in the process of hiring a significant number of people, so the interview was a bit of a cattle call. About a dozen of us were herded into a big room, and every half hour for an hour and a half the hiring managers would rotate around the room and talk to a different candidate, speed dating style. Every one of the Booz Allen side started their interview by apologizing for the process, as well they should. Maybe this is an efficient way to hire, say, fast food workers, but not six figure professionals -- it was a bit off-putting.
    That said, I was very impressed with the caliber of the Booz Allen technical staff. They are all friendly, smart, and passionate about their work.
    The HR staff was not quite so impressive -- they all seemed very inexperienced, and did not have a good system in place to manage such a large volume of interviews. For example, I got three different, pretty much identically worded emails from three different people on the HR staff, notifying me of my interview date/time/location and asking me to confirm that I'd be there (I dutifully replied to each one). Before I got an offer, one of the HR people called to feel me out on how much I was looking for, but couldn't even describe which job they would be hiring me for. In fact, he seemed not to have even considered the possibility that I would ask.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember -- the usual sorts of questions, nothing exceptionally difficult. They seemed to be assessing organizational fit more than grilling me about my knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Primarily salary.