Booz Allen Hamilton Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for Business Analyst position through a referral. The recruiting part took a long time, around 5 to 6 months before I was contacted for an interview. However, the interview was a great and pleasant experience. I interviewed with a senior manager and a consultant, each for 30 minutes in a small room, switching after the allotted time. The interview was informal and mostly speaking about my background. They were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. I felt the interview was to gauge my fit with the team and my passion about the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview by a recruiter. This was followed by a panel interview with the manager and others that are part of the BA team. This was then followed by a 1on1 interview with the head of the PMO. During this interview process the background check was also taking place. Overall it was a fairly smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Basic business analyst questions about past experience.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

A recruiter called me and then interviewed by two staff

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was thorough! You need to know the specifics of your job. This is where you need to shine but don't embellish your skills. They are looking for strong LEADERS. If you are content, that is fine, but you will likely stay in your same role. I would definitely use as many resources as they have to offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used BI Tools before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and had an employee referral. A recruiter called me in a week and eventually set up an interview date. I did not receive details about my interview until I called the recruiter twice and finally got the info just days before.

It was a 3+ hour process. I arrived early and we all had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come get us. There were about 7 or 8 other candidates but we were not all applying for the same position. We interviewed 3 people, round robin style, for 30min each.

The first interview went well, basic behavioral questions. The 3rd interview was more HR related. It was the 2nd one that got to me. They expected me to interview in Spanish. I had no idea that I was expected to do so until that moment. It was not in the job description nor was I told about it ahead of time. I did not even put that I am a Spanish speaker in my resume or application. I am part Hispanic/Latino but I am not fluent enough to feel comfortable being interviewed in Spanish. I was also required to translate 7 paragraphs from English to Spanish. It was dense with technical terms that many Spanish speakers would have trouble translating. It was like my education, skills, and experience had no merit and they were only concerned with my language skills and my ability to translate.

I felt that it was unfair that I was expected to do these things, especially because it wasn't in the job description nor was I notified that I would be interviewing/translating. I felt as though I was being racial profiled. I felt ambushed!

I was told I would hear back in 5 days but 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so after e-mailing them they told me they did not extend the offer.

Didn't expect to get it since I wasn't able to accurately translate all of the paragraphs but I just wished they had interviewed me normally. It was unjust if you ask me.

Probably my worst interview experience and a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

its was very easy. not hard at all. you do not have to study all. make sure you know someone in the firm first before interviewing.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2013.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. There was an on-campus interview with an HR manager, and then a day of second round interviews in DC with various people.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the three biggest drivers of history have been in the last 20 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked some very basic questions regarding my resume during the first interview. Next was an online, timed writing assessment. I was given three options and one hour to submit the assignment. Finally, there was an in-person interview at their headquarters. I spoke to three team member in a round robin style interview. One team member asked about my leadership experience, the second asked about my competency, and the third gauged my fit at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

I consider myself an employee referral since several co-workers from a previous job transferred to Booz and I asked one of them to forward my resume to a manager. I received an initial phone call, after which we scheduled a formal phone screen where I was asked my capabilities, timeframe, salary requirements, and citizenship status. Then I was scheduled for an in-person recruiting event. I only met with one person. The other person slated to interview me was stuck on a conference call. They advised me to go home. A few days later, I received notification to do a phone interview. A few days later, I received a call informing me that they are extending an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to negotiate but I didn't. At the time, I really wanted to work for Booz and their offer was $3K more than my salary at the time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

After exchanging some emails with HR, the date was set for the 1st interview.
    It was a skype interview and the interviewer was very friendly. Around 10-15min of behavioral questions then a 45min New Market Entry case study.
    Second interview was similar but the case study was a faster sizing and pricing problem (guesstimation).

Interview Questions

• How important was teamwork during your past internship ?   Answer Question