Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

This was one of the longest, strangest interview processes I’ve experienced. I interviewed three times over the phone/Skype and then went into the onsite portion. Each interview came with a sense of urgency, I was left with the feeling that I should prepare to leave my current position and relocate as soon as possible. However then came more waiting in between each interview to the point where I felt I was out of the running, before I heard from them again weeks later. This cycle went on over the course of nearly three months, by the time I received their final decision I had thankfully long moved on. The one plus was that the recruiters are friendly and try to keep in touch, but I couldn’t help but feel that the company either didn’t have it all together for this position, or I was the absolute last choice. One of the follow-up emails I received wasn’t even for the position I was applying for. The onsite interview was nice in the fact that everyone was welcoming and excited to answer questions, however it was labeled as a job shadowing with lunch when in reality was just background information about the merger and a short tour. I understand these things take time but if you want to attract talent and keep them excited about the opportunity, especially if asking to take time away from their current job, then have a little more transparency and be upfront (and professional) about the process.

Summer Games Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. First was a short phone interview followed by an on site interview. They got back to me within a few weeks and seemed extremely excited about having me as a part of their team for the summer.

Interview Questions

• Please share an example of a time where you had difficulty working in a group. How did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with hiring manager via Skype and then met with next three levels of management in person. They asked challenging questions and wanted to know more about my background and level of technical experience. I was not able to obtain much of any information from the BAH team about the position itself because the project is gov't-related and classified.

Interview Questions

• Short open ended questions or situational questions, such as what would you do if you were in charge of a blotched project, etc. And ...how would go about loading code to the web? Tell me when things went really bad and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through their website, was contacted through HR about a week later and we set up an interview for the following week. Went in for a panel interview where we discussed my resume and relevant experience, as well as some behavioral type questions which were easy to answer. After the interview I then toured the facilities and got a look at what it would be like to work there. Overall easy interview but despite that there were more qualified candidates so I was not extended an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by hiring manager in the DC area. Basic phone interview/pre-screening, then set up for a hiring event locally. Received an email prior to event with additional details. At the hiring events, candidates were introduced to multiple Booz Allen associates (one at a time) for informal discussion and interview questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions -- typical questions about experience and background. For example, tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult conflict with another team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in November 2009.

Interview

I first had an interview over the phone which asked general questions about my skill set, how much I knew about the position to which I was applying, and general salary requirements. I was also asked why I was looking to change jobs from my current employer. Next, I received an appointment for a face-to-face and was prompted to complete an online new employee-type questionnaire to be used for a background screening. Finally, I was scheduled for the face-to-face interview and proceeded to it. I was interviewed by a total of three people, one at a time. There were a lot of questions about my abilities to perform as a team member as well as leadership abilities/aspirations. There were questions about process improvement, initiative, etc. There wasn't much in the way of job specifics which I found somewhat refreshing. They were more concerned with character and I saw this as a positive; quality people makes all the difference.

I'm rating the interview as easy due to the fact they were more interested in me as a person than any specific job skill. It wasn't a test to determine if I knew something...it was an evaluation of me and my alignment with BAH values.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking other employment? It's sometimes hard to separate personal feelings from an objective assessment of your current employer.   Answer Question
    • What makes you feel that you would be an asset to the company?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in May 2009.

Interview

I thought the interview was more about can you fit into the Booz team. The job I applied for expressed teamwork in workplace. They ask questions about my capabilities, leadership, and personality. I knew I had the capabilities for the job with my military background, so I focused more on the personality piece. It paid off.

Interview Questions

• I was well prepared so no questions caught me off guard, however they really wanted to know my leadership and followship skills.   Answer Question