Booz Allen Hamilton Communications Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Communications Consultant Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a month after I submitted my application online and she set up a time to do a phone interview the following week. During the phone interview she asked me about my background and experiences and ended by inviting me to an onsite interview and asking what my desired salary was.

Prior to the interview I had to complete a timed writing assessment and fill out an extensive application/credit report & background check disclosure form (this is in addition to the application I had already completed on the BAH site)

When I arrived at the on-site interview the next week there were three other people being interviewed. We all had similar backgrounds and while HR told us that we were not interviewing for the same position I am pretty sure that we were as we all had applied to same posting. After a quick overview of the company and benefits I was ushered into a room by myself (it was very tiny and windowless with a phone on a small table and 2 chairs). I then had one person come in and interview me looking for consulting skills, the next was looking for my functional skills and the third and final interview was looking for leadership qualities.

I was told it would be about a week before I heard back and 1.5 weeks later the recruiter called to let me know that they had not made a decision. Finally, about 3 weeks to a month after my interview she called to let me know that I would not be "continuing on in the process". After the interview the other interviewees and I had exchanged information and none of them were offered the position either. BAH did not offer any feedback as to why I was not a good fit for the position (or if they decided to not hire at all).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Communications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2012.

Interview

I was introduced to the firm through a career prep program I did while completing my undergraduate degree. After passing through a general resume drop, I was interviewed by a senior VP for the department that I would be entering (communications).

This was the oddest interview I've ever had as the entire time I asked all of the questions. He glanced at my resume and asked, "Well, what would you like to know?" and I spent the next 40 minutes asking everything from current projects the firm is completing, how he has liked/disliked his time at BAH, and honestly anything else under the sun I could ask.

If I remember correctly, the only question he asked was how I liked my time when I studied abroad and I learned from the experience. Truly a different approach to most interviews I've been on, but the company truly values the people and what they can bring to the table so it makes sense in hindsight!

A few weeks later I was given a mock test to see how I would handle various scenarios that arose in different government agencies.

Interview Questions

• How did you like your time in Sydney (Australia), and what did you learn/how did you grow from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to speed dating. Probably 20-30 candidates in one room each sitting at their own table. The interviewers would rotate from each table to talk with each candidate. It took maybe 3 hours. This was all after a phone interview to qualify for this round.