Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant I Interview Questions

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

very informal, but also not a lot of information was given. the entire process leading up the the interview had very little communication. the actual interview was very informal, only 30 minutes. no additional internviews

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my experiences   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I got flown out to the McLean headquarters and was put into an interviewing speed dating environment. I talked to 4or5 different teams to see where I fit in 15 minute interviews. Usual tradition questions. This went on for 2 hours or so. They said I would know a result within 48 hours. I knew a result about 96 hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

easy, basic behavior and technical questions. Multiple interviewers from various positions. In a room with other candidates and the interviewers walk around the room. Very relaxed. Be yourself and you will do fine.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

One interview, behavioral very chill. Just know as much as you can about the company. We don't say Booz Allen Hamilton, we say Booz Allen or you can say Booz. But Booz Allen is the best. We say the firm a lot when referring to the company. My interview process was different so It's best not to share it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is always a 10k range that you can negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter to get a group interview with several different teams alongside about 25 other applicants. Questions were pretty standard about behavior and background. Thought the interviews went very well, but did not hear back with either an offer or a "no thanks" for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to solve a problem. How did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mission Assurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fairly quick here. First a recruiter contacts you if they feel that your resume is a good fit for the position. It usually last a hour long. Depending on your recruiter, he or she may prepare you for the next step during the phone interview which is an on-site interview. The on-site interview occurs in the Mclean headquarters. It consited of three interviews with associates from the firm all from different capabilities. You speak to each for about thirty minutes about your background and why you want to work at BAH. It is very conversational and nothing difficult is asked. Within a week, the recruiter called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BAH?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Try your hardest to negotiate because they will low ball you.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

On campus interview with an HR recruiter where mostly behavioral questions were asked. Also asked what department I would be best fit for. Then University Invitational at McLean headquarters. 3 one on one interviews with Associates & Senior Consultants about my previous work experience. 1 week wait to figure out I made it to "next step". Contacted by HR recruiter for my specific department. Called in for lunch interview with the team I would be working with. At lunch, asked about previous work and school coursework. Also asked to solve conceptual problems and explain concepts. Received call from HR next day stating that I got the job and asked for salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe an academic experience where you had to overcome an obstacle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low balled salary. 10% below my other offer. Tried asking for more but they said no.

Consultant I Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Interview

It started out with a phone interview. They wanted to verify a few things on my resume and talk about my interests. They then proceeded to the 1:1/Group interviews. The trip was all expenses paid, which was pretty cool considering it was only my second real interview. The interview process took about three hours where I spoke with five different departments. I was a bit nervous when told I would be having four to five interviews in one sitting; however, everyone was approachable and knowledgeable. They simply ask you questions about your interests and experience. You are trained after being hired, so it seems to be kind of a personality interview combined with what you know.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used a disassembler?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honestly I didn't have to negotiate anything. They offer relocation compensation for up to $3000, and the starting salary was beyond my expectations. Salary is based on the nature of work you will be doing, so you could be making 55-60K in one office or above 70K in another office (based on my experience for the Consultant 1 position). They also offer three different packages for health benefits. They don't match the 401K, so one may want to consider an IRA.

Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

Interview

Recruitment at school. Then was asked to come to a second interview at the office in the McLean for a second interview. Loved the people. Absolutely amazing people and rapport. Glad I was able to go the for second round.

Interview Questions

• So you went to Penn State?!   1 Answer
    • Why are you getting a dual degree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still working on that.

Consultant I Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview

Company is very friendly. The interview process was not dragged on. I was definitely very satisfied and thought that the company was very likeable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to defend a decision or an action to a manager.   Answer Question