Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.7

174 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiter was so disorganized, never called when he said he would. Couldn't answer even basic questions about the job or the company. Just a really messy experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

They asked mostly technical questions about my skills and experience. Had an in-person interview and a phone interview. Prompted me to ask my own questions about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe the compilation process from source to final product in as much detail as you can.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to a recruiter who, after a phone screen, got me into a hiring event. The hiring event was 'speed-dating' style. I had 4 30-minute interviews with associates/managers from different teams. They were mainly interested in my background; the interviews were conversational and felt more like networking. There was no job description, they just want to know if you're a good fit and if you're someone they would like to work with. They also want to determine whether your interests align with their teams.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a challenge. What steps did you take to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • If we were to assign you to a project with one of our clients in a month, which role do you see yourself taking?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a client changed a deadline and wanted you to rush through your work?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Two interviews, 30 minutes each, one on one. Talked about my resume, the company, my previous job and how it relates to the one I am applying to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was invited to chat with an alum who was hiring for positions. We chatted for about 20 minutes, just walked through the resume and what to expect from the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you struggled to communicate with a team you worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very traditional interview process. Short intro about the company and main business lines followed by individual one on one interviews. All candidates were sent to separate interview rooms. Mix of behavioral and professional background questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did not enjoy about your last employer?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Easy going interview. The interview was a good conversation about my background, goals, achievements and past work experience. This was just the first interview. I was told that I would be contacted for a second interview that will go more in depth on my work experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, which makes the process much easier. I had a simple 30-minute phone screen and then 1 hour interview with my Career Manager. About a week later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Booz Allen Hamilton?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met people at a career fair, called for an initial phone screening, then invited for an in-office interview. They didn't reimburse for any part of the trip. This was for a full-time position.

Four 30 minute interviews in a row, three behavioral that were easy-going and relatively conversational, I felt they were all easy to talk to and relatively basic behavioral questions that were trying to gauge if you're a good fit for the firm. Last interview was a surprise technical interview that asked specific questions on database syntax and optimization. This was a surprise because pretty much none of these reviews said anything more than behavioral.

I was called by the recruiter about a week later and told that there was nothing I could have done better during my interviews and that they felt I was a great firm fit, but they weren't sure they would still have the money to hire me by the time I graduated (even though they knew when I would be graduating since the first day I talked to them) and offered me to interview for an internship instead. Pass.

Overall, everyone involved was very nice and personable, but I can't help but feel like I was jerked around for no reason and that there was never actually a chance of me getting the position regardless of my performance during the interview. Combine that with no reimbursement and very positive feedback and it was extremely frustrating to hear this excuse.

Interview Questions

• How could this SQL statement be improved to increase efficiency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic Fit Interview, tell us about yourself, what industries are you interested in working in, why Booz Allen, why are you a good fit, strengths and weaknesses, any questions for the interviewer