Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Easy going interview. The interview was a good conversation about my background, goals, achievements and past work experience. This was just the first interview. I was told that I would be contacted for a second interview that will go more in depth on my work experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met people at a career fair, called for an initial phone screening, then invited for an in-office interview. They didn't reimburse for any part of the trip. This was for a full-time position.

Four 30 minute interviews in a row, three behavioral that were easy-going and relatively conversational, I felt they were all easy to talk to and relatively basic behavioral questions that were trying to gauge if you're a good fit for the firm. Last interview was a surprise technical interview that asked specific questions on database syntax and optimization. This was a surprise because pretty much none of these reviews said anything more than behavioral.

I was called by the recruiter about a week later and told that there was nothing I could have done better during my interviews and that they felt I was a great firm fit, but they weren't sure they would still have the money to hire me by the time I graduated (even though they knew when I would be graduating since the first day I talked to them) and offered me to interview for an internship instead. Pass.

Overall, everyone involved was very nice and personable, but I can't help but feel like I was jerked around for no reason and that there was never actually a chance of me getting the position regardless of my performance during the interview. Combine that with no reimbursement and very positive feedback and it was extremely frustrating to hear this excuse.

Interview Questions

• How could this SQL statement be improved to increase efficiency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Booz Allen Hamilton could not have gone any better. The interview was informal and much more conversational than any consulting interview I've conducted. Every contact point with the company has been positive, from the recruiter, to the interviewer, to the management team that I've spoken with. I cannot overstate how friendly everyone was.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview, in-person interview. Tough behavioral questions were asked in phone interview. In-person interview was more of a conversation. In-person was with 4 people; 2 separate individual interviews, then 1:2 for the final interview. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Would your friends call you a vocal leader or more of a 'delegator'?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred through a friend and applied online through the CareerCenter portal. Two weeks after I submitted my application I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen, and then two weeks after that I had an in office interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Online resume. Emails from a recruiter then Two 20 minute phone interviews with a recruiter. Followed by a four person board review. More of a conversation than direct questioning. Seemed to focus on future commitment and intent.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you have been in and what you did in response?   Answer Question
    • Where did I live and is a transit ok?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very flexible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I went to BAH's "HackTerror" hackathon in July 2016 and it was invaluable. The event was a great way to work alongside BAH employees and learn about the organization, all while making very useful connections.

Interview Questions

• How can we detect lone wolf terrorism and move US counterterrorism efforts towards a prevention model rather than a reactionary model?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Easygoing and casual conversation. Two managers took turn to conduct the interview. They asked some general questions and wanted to make sure if I could do the job and if I fit in to company's culture and goals. The whole process took about a week. Really nice and fair interview. They made sure the candidate was right for them and the team.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied online. 15 minute HR phone screen the next day. The next week I had a phone interview consisting of three consecutive one on one interviews with different people. Each interview was 30 minutes long. Informed early the next week that the team would be making a decision asap. No word after that. It's been 3 weeks since phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I delegate team assignments, leadership skills, usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCleans Corner, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McCleans Corner, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a call with the recruiter. Then a second interview at HQ was scheduled. This interview was a group interview with about 7 people and then we had individual interviews with 2 or 3 different interviewers. The whole interview process took about 2 weeks. The first interview was approximately 30 minutes. The second interview was approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• What core values did I have that aligned with the core values of Booz Allen Hamilton   Answer Question

I had another offer that was a better fit.