Booz Allen Hamilton Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.4

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Had a brief phone screen with their recruiter, who said he will pass my information to senior recruiter. But they never got back to me! I later found out they hired multiple people from my graduating class. I am a veteran of the Iraq War, which they knew, and they didn't even have enough respect to send me an email that they are not considering me. Shame on them!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 phone interviews before an onsite in DC. Offer came during onsite. Negotiation was strict but starting offer was good (90k to 92k).

Offer was rescinded 10 days later when they interviewed an internal candidate after offering to me. Reasonable experience but the lack of transparency and professionalism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview, then I had a phone interview with members of the team, and eventually was brought in for an interview in MD. I felt like the interview went well but did not receive an offer. I inquired and was told that the reason was that my starting salary requirements were too high. I only requested the same salary I was making at my current job, which is below average for data scientists in that area. I can only conclude that they don't pay well, which is contrary to what I have heard. HR also mixed up my email address with the candidate they chose to hire, and I received some of her HR emails, which is incredible unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview with technical HR recruiter who said they can't hire data scientists fast enough. Then onsite with three 30-minute interviews. The interviews were all very casual and easygoing with not many technical questions. I received an offer within the week. But after two months, I still didn't have a start date and they finally said there was no position available. There wasn't a lot of transparency around the position I had been offered or why it disappeared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 5+ hr (was told this would last 1hr) in person round robin and then a follow on phone int. Only ever received glowing feedback, but was handed to IT infrastructure team for final interview, why I don't know. After final phone interview I never heard from them again - not even a thank you for the extensive time I wasted with them.

Interview Questions

• Given your data science background, why would you want to work in IT infrastructure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with senior level directors and hit it off immediately. They seemed genuinely interested in me as a potential fit and gave a very welcoming impression of the company. I should add that there were no deep technical questions at this stage and they only asked me about high level overviews of some of the projects in my portfolio and we left the interview on a positive note. I hear nothing from them for about a month and a half and then get an email from the HR person saying that they will not be moving forward in the interview process with me at this time. I was really looking forward to talking to them about next steps, but this was extremely perplexing and left a bad impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. Several months later I got invited by a recruiter to a recruiting event. Then I was assigned two managers in different teams in the analytics field to interview me, each 30 min. Not many technical questions. Just some basic questions regarding past internship and project experience. Also some questions on machine learning, including general ones about algorithms(not difficult) as well as detailed questions related to the projects they are working on.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Frankly speaking, going thru the layers of recruiters in order to get to speak to someone is tiring but understandable. I got invited to their hiring event and talked to two people from one project. As I am reflecting, the interview was quite intense and technical; a guy asked me everything on my resume to see if I bs'ed thru and asked me to explain major machine learning models, flask API, git, etc. Afterwards, I spoke to a lady and the lady asked me about hadoop, spark, mapreduce paradigm, a specific function in Pandas, etc. In front of her, I even had to do a coding challenge besides the questions.

Interview Questions

• what is a specific function in Pandas that generates a dummy variable?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Call from HR, Technical Panel Interview over Phone. Overall it was smooth until the end of the technical interview. Then silence. I tried to reach to the hiring manager - no response. I tried to reach to the HR - silence. It is extremely rude and unprofessional for such a big company to keep silent after the interview. It has been more than 3 weeks and they didn't even send an email about a rejection. I interviewed with many companies but I believe this is the worst experience. I was a perfect match for the rule and the requirements and they cannot say I am not a fit. I believe they must have someone with a reference and they consider him/her but it doesn't justify their disrespect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a fit for this role?
      Was there a time when you did not agree with your supervisor?
      Tell us about a project you are proud.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Notre Dame, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Behavioral, on campus - highlight experience, what challenges I've overcome, and a couple data problems to think through abstractly. Went through a resume review, as well as some more abstract questions on my experience.

Interview Questions

• Presented an ambiguous data scenario and had to think through how we would handle it (what data, what techniques, expected challenges, how I would communicate outputs)   Answer Question