Booz Allen Hamilton Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.4

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within two weeks. Phone screen followed by hiring manager interview and another with two potential team members. All interviews were virtual. Time from applying to offer was about two months.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine a loop in a linked list?   1 Answer
  • Describe the difference between a convolutional neural network and a recurrent neural network.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview then in person screening. Very brief. The in person interview was at a women in tech conference. Representatives from several teams asked questions about technical background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2018.

Interview

Very Relaxed and just wanted to get to know me. I had to meet with 3 people on the SIG team, all were friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, one was a screening interview, and the other was like a speed date. There were 3 twenty minute interviews with pairs of two data scientist employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Booz Allen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Took me through multiple rounds of interviews. No real structure to interviews. Seemed more like a "getting to know you" session while they tried to figure out where I would best fit.

Everyone I talked to was nice and professional. The recruiter left a lot to be desired and a very sour taste. After the last interview, the recruiter told me to expect a verbal offer within the week. After that, he went radio silent for a month. Had to follow up with a friend in another area of the company to get any kind of information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you got into data science.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 1 hour. Three data scientists took turns talking with me. They were really polite and friendly. I talked a lot about the data analytics project and asked them questions. Still waiting for response about the following process.

Interview Questions

• Projects listed on the resume, behavior questions like talking about yourself and past leadership experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized and professional. Applicants were give a general overview of BAH and benefits, and then presented to their respective interviewers - usually three. At the end of the interview process, about 1-hr, the interviewers meet separately and score the interviewee. This information and the desire to hire were submitted back to the HR recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest job you have faced and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an in-person interview. First phone screen was informal, chatting about your background, what your interests are, and describing the position in depth. The second phone screen went into much more depth about the role, along with more specific questions about my background. The in person interview lasted a couple of hours, and it was an in depth discussion about the data science problems I've solved and the kind of problems the Booz Allen team is looking to solve.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a Boosted Decision Tree and a Random Forest   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

3 rounds, 7 interviews total. First round at school with the hiring manager, second round over the phone with multiple interviewers and third round over the phone with multiple interviewers. Asked easy questions, mostly experience. Super easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between discrete and continuous variable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with a HR rep discussing the general job requirements. Then I had two phone interviews with technical people, including my hiring manager, who would also end up being the boss on my first project. I also had an in person interview with the group's manager, who was very informative. Overall, the interview process was very quick, smooth, and quite straightforward. No "gotya questions"

Interview Questions

• They mentioned a recent problem they had been working on, and asked me about my thoughts, and how I would approach the problem.   1 Answer