Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was invited to FUSE event in McLean, VA for interview. I was interviewed by four different managers. First two managers were from an engineering team and latter two asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• A simple programming question. How would you solve factorial of a number using any programming language. No coding. More like explain your thought process to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Conducted over the phone. Had an initial HR screening by two HR managers. Required both application and resumes plus cover letter. Lasted for several hours. Was interviewed by four different managers.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences. Situations. Skills with certain technology. Exposure to new technology. Management skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Troy, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Went for an on campus interview. The person I talked to was very friendly and intelligent. He asked me some engineering questions, and some behavioral questions.. typical interview stuff. It sounded like a good place to work but perhaps lacking in a little excitement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

Through the school career fair. Met with the recruiter sat down, and talked with him for half an hour. Fairly simple questions, mix of trying to understand resume and getting to know you type questions. Very personable interviewer. However, as usual, their contact time wasn't the greatest and it took a while to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Norfolk, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communications was informative and concise.
    Immediate followup with scheduling a date/time.
    Instructions for interview logistics very concise; location, expectations and etc.
    The interview itself was scheduled for 2.5 hours with 6 different people within BAH. It lasted 3 hours, as it should if things went "well". Each interviewer had their own unique style and set of questions - but NONE of them could really describe the actual position I would be filling. I walked away feeling fairly confident.
    I waited a day and called them back to follow up with a "Thank you for the chance to interact... looking forward to a positive response." The next day I e-mailed as much of the group that I had contact information for with similar content.
    I repeated this 1 week later and then again 2 weeks later.
    I have to this date, 1 month later, never received ANY correspondence from them except an "Interview process review".

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have approached solving (or framing solutions) for a recent client using your analytical skills?   Answer Question
    • When is it relevant to use a structured analysis approach versus an object oriented approach when modeling a client solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

It was very simple. Just a personality assessment and judging whether I was a fit. No real technical questions. It was long and mostly conversational in nature. I thought it would be much more of a challenge. But the people were very nice. I think its important to be articulate.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2009.

Interview

Initial communication via email referral by respected employee of BAH client. Very professional/helpful - even offered to help me obtain a job with one of their clients by referring me to them. I felt this was genuinely both in the best interest of their company and their client.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to do at BAH?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Initial communications through Human Resources/Recruiter. Interview consisted of approximately 5 detailed interviews during a single afternoon. Interviewed for multiple positions--they would not tell me which position I was specifically interviewing for. Many of the interviews were descriptions regarding the company. It was frustrating to not understand what work I would actually be performing. They did a good job of explaining benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember any specific questions. I was mostly asked to describe work listed on my resume.   Answer Question

My company matched their offer in pay and advised me regarding the culture. I chose to stay with my company.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Denver, CO) in July 2008.

Interview

I met BAH through a mutual professional friend. After meeting with them, I was very excited about the level of energy surrounding the firm. When offered a chance to interview, I immediately jumped at it. I was flown to Mclean to meet with several managers to discuss my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest resource you can bring to BAH?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were based on salary.com analyses

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2011.

Interview

Went well, had an interview with a recent graduate and I expect to here back for a real interview... He wasn't interviewing for a specific position and said he'd hand the resume off to an appropriate person