Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Interview Questions

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2011.

Interview

I talked to one of the booz allen reps at my college fair.. The rep was very cordial and seemed very interested and engaging. After applying thru their website. I received a call for a telephone interview. the interview lasted about 20 minutes and most of the questions asked seemed like background/general question. after a week I received a call for a 2nd interview at one of their offices downtown.. It was group interview and they were more interested in what I had to say than what they had to offer.. which kinda thru me off. Suffice, it to say it was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via email to attend an invitations only interview event. Interviewees were seated in an open room at assigned tables. Hiring managers interested in talking to you would enter the room and sit at your table for an hour or so and ask questions. One question which seemed out of place considering the open venue was my currently salary. I balked at the question and was "challenged" by the manager with, "Do you have a problem with telling me your current salary?". Needless to say, that interview did not go well. The next interview went very well, as I spoke to the hiring manager, team lead and 2 others.

I was told this open room type of interviewing was something new they were trying out. I believe it failed on several levels due to all of the noise from all of the other interviews taking place and the lack of privacy.

Interview Questions

• Did you fix what was wrong?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2010.

Interview

I originally received an invitation to interview with bah in Maryland back in February. They flew me out to one of their locations where they had an entire event planned for the interviewees, which consisted of a short presentation and some food. When it came to the actual interview, I believe I interviewed with roughly 6 different individuals within the same room for ~15 minutes each.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2009.

Interview

I was invited to a second round interview, however I was then told that there were no remaining interview spots available because they over scheduled. They said the would contact me if more interview spots opened up the following semester but none ever did.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview

I found the Booz Allen Recruiter contact information from the Marines Executive Association job search web site. Once I submitted my resume to the Booz Allen Hamilton recruiter I was immediately contacted and had a 15 minute phone interview that asked generic questions (background, interests, what I knew about the Company). The recruiter then invited me to attend a Junior Military Officer (JMO) Recruiting Conference. Booz Allen paid for everything to fly me from the west coast to the east coast for the interview for two nights. The best way to describe the JMO Recruiting Conference was like speed dating, a one day event of round robin interviews. The first part entailed a quick introduction briefing by the recruiters and Senior Management, the second part was a break out group discussion with prior military officers who just got hired by Booz Allen Hamilton. They spoke of the Company environment, culture and their personal experiences. The third part was the "speed dating" process. Numerous internal BAH teams from all departments requested to speak with each candidate they were interested in (candidate resumes were sent out company wide prior to the event so teams knew who to speak with). Once you sat down with a team interviewer they asked general background questions, interests, experiences, availability. Once you were done with the interview you were asked to speak with another team. Each team had their own interviewing process and questions. After an entire day of interviewing we were informed of which teams were interested in the candidates and the candidates listed their top 5 teams they would like to be a part of. After the conference is was about 1 week after that I received a call from the BAH recruiter that informed me of which team I was being offered the job for, salary, location and start date. The negotiations were simple and reasonable. Following the offer the recruiter sent all the paperwork that needed to be filled. I also had to go online and complete their online application for the specified job title I was being hired for. After completing the application BAH did a background checking utilizing my application (which is very detailed, you need to remember where you lived 10 years ago and for a military personnel that can be a bit difficult). The overall process was extremely smooth and worth it leave taken.