Booz Allen Hamilton Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Cleveland, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process began with a phone interview. A few days later, I was contacted to come in for a interview. The interview was based on a one on one approach that consisted of a four people. I felt that they all had specific information that they were looking for so be prepared. The interview was a great experience. The people are friendly, informative, and genuinely passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Booz Allen?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2009.

Interview

I originally contacted a recruiter in a different area of the country who was an alumni of my college to see if he could try to arrange anything for me in my area in July. I had a preliminary phone interview/screening with him to determine my general interests and qualifications that lasted about half an hour. He put me in touch with another alumni, who was the hiring manager in my area for the technical fields. After another half hour phone interview with him, the hiring manager in my area went off the radar for about a month--I wasn't able to get ahold of him or anyone else at Booz Allen in my city. Finally, one day out of the blue in the beginning of September, he contacted me and took me out to lunch. We talked for about an hour and a half about a new contract BAH had won and what opportunities it would create for me. After that, there was another period of almost a month without being able to get in contact with anyone at BAH.
    At the end of September, though, I got a call from a BAH recruiter saying that I had been referred in by an employee (I'm guessing it was the one I had met, although she didn't confirm it) and asking if I would be available to come in for an interview on October 1st.
    I said yes and she emailed me a link to the application, background check form, and benefits info. On the 1st, I went in for an interview and had 4 half hour interviews--I was the only person there being interviewed. The first was a phone interview with a senior associate in VA, and the other three were in person with associates and senior associates at the local office. The interviews were professional but fairly easy. That being said, I've always interviewed very well, so they might not have been all that easy. All the interviewers asked lots of questions (ranging from general to very specific and pointed) and took copious notes, so I assume they liked what they were hearing. They also asked me if I would be interested in being an earned value management consultant, to which I replied that I would indeed. I got excellent vibes from three of the interviewers and got a mixed read from the other one.
    At the end of the interviews, I asked the last interviewer what the timeline looked like and was told that she had to confer with the other interviewers and that they should make a decision "soon."
    I am deep in the interview process with several other consultant corporations in the area, so I hope that BAH makes its decision fairly quickly. They are by far my number one choice of employer. So, I'm just playing the waiting game

Overall, I'd say once the ball started rolling and I got the call from the second recruiter, the process has moved quite quickly. From the second call to the interviews took all of three days. Now I'm just waiting to hear their verdict, and hoping that it will come within the next week, as I'm fairly certain that the other firms I'm interviewing with will make offers shortly.

Interview Questions

• If your client has a problem with poor management material, what would you do?   Answer Question

After waiting to hear from them for two weeks, I contacted the recruiter and asked what my status was. She told me they were making a provisional offer for a financial analyst position, but that they didn't have all the funding yet and didn't know when they would have it all lined up (could be up to two or three months, she said). Since I needed work soon, I turned down their rather tenuous offer and accepted a much more immediate and concrete offer from a competitor instead.
    I really wish I could have accepted their offer, as it was by far my first choice for employment. However, not knowing when I'd actually start working and pulling in a source of income was the deal breaker for me--I had a competing offer from another consulting firm that admittedly didn't pay quite a well, but it did have a definite and soon start date. If money was not an issue, I would have had no problem whatsoever waiting for the BAH position to finally open up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It is nearly impossible to get an interview from simply applying on the website. Either campus recruiting or a referral through networking is the one of the only ways to get an interview out of college. That being said, the interview process is purely firm fit. Every for my position I didn't have to do any cases...it was simply talking about how my work and classroom experiences fit into the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences relate to the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter and then was brought in to meet with a panel of 4 to walk through specific questions about my background and familiarity with project finance. Be prepared to walk through specific examples of how your previous work history makes you a good fit for the role you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult client and what do you do to handle people who are combative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Great, I loved the entire process, very smooth. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and speaking to upper management. Very professional and inviting. I hoped to get an offer and I received one, it was great. Great great great. yes, it was great.

Interview Questions

• Majority of normal questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone was very nice and I really enjoyed the actually process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was recruited through ClearenceJobs. The recruiter invited me to a hiring event, the setup was kind of like speed dating. I got there and was told that 6 hiring manager picked my resume and would like to interview me. So I was scheduled with 6 managers, but only 4 showed up. after the interviews I ranked my choices. The next day I received an offer but wasn't my top choice. I was told my 1st choice wasn't awarded the their contract yet but was interested in me. Interview was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Booz Allen?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to a PD I found on indeed. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week who set up a screening interview for a different position. I was then passed along to the hiring managers for a contract with the Department of Energy. I had a 1 hour behavioral interview with the project manger and the financial manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with managing cost, schedule, and scope?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2010.

Interview

They were really slow with their processing. I don't understand why I didn't get the job considering I was an excellent candidate. They picked the other man over me because he had a few more months of experience over me. They need to give new chances to new employees.

Interview Questions

• Why would should be hire you?   1 Answer
    • How far do you plan to go ahead?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2009.

Interview

Initially, I was taken to lunch and we discussed opportunities within the firm. Then, I was asked to submit my resume and soon thereafter I was interviewed at the company by five different individuals, those who would be peers as well as partners.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for as far as salary is concerned?   2 Answers
    • Why did you choose our firm?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a $5,000 increase from their initial offer and felt it was "in the ballpark."