Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I've applied to Booz Allen many times over the past year, and randomly got an invitation to interview for this position, which I hadn't applied for. I agreed, had a phone interview, and the next day was offered an in-person interview, which I accepted. After a 2 hours drive I met with my interviewer who informed me that the second interviewer had already left for the day, so I would just be working with him. His attitude was tired and despondent, and he acted like he really did not want to be there. It was basically on me to conduct my own interview with this person. After the interview was over he told me I would hear about the job within the week, and then added that he and the other person had done multiple interviews for the position that day, some of which were internal candidates. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, and was basically his way of saying I wasn't going to get the job. The week came and went, and I was never notified about getting, or not getting, the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client, and how the situation turned out.   Answer Question

Mid - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked to attend a hiring event in Herndon ,VA at 4:30pm - 6:00pm. There was a half-hour presentation on BAH vision. I had 2 teams interview me 5:00-5:30 pm. Then I had one front-end developer interview me 5:30-6:00. javascript questions.

Interview Questions

• how do you work on front-end without back-end supporting code?
      How to overcome curl errors?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people in a speed dating style. Only two people saw that I didn't fit the company. One of the two interviewers was very narrow minded and the other was not even looking for a software engineer. I would consider working with only one of the teams out of all the people I interviewed with. I would not consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experiences and information on the resume.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized and professional. Applicants were give a general overview of BAH and benefits, and then presented to their respective interviewers - usually three. At the end of the interview process, about 1-hr, the interviewers meet separately and score the interviewee. This information and the desire to hire were submitted back to the HR recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest job you have faced and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interview. It was almost like speed dating where I sat for 30 minute interviews with a few different people in different teams or sections that had seen my resume and wanted to talk to me. Got to learn a lot from different sections of the company about the kinds of projects they were working on. Before the actual interview, there was the usual HR rundown on the company and then a mini networking session where you got to talk to people in case they weren't part of the list of people that were able to secure an interview with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the general state of the economy and what kinds of patterns have you been seeing in the market?   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Started the process with an individual phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I moved on to a panel interview with future colleagues and a manager. When I received word that I passed that phase, I received an invite to a final interview with senior management to confirm my fit with the position and team.

Interview Questions

• All routine questions about handling conflict with clients/colleagues, biggest success in career, biggest failure in career, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. HR submitted an offer to me. I submitted a counteroffer. HR accepted my counteroffer. I started work 3 weeks later.

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied directly to the company and was contacted for an initial screening interview in less than a week. From that, I was asked back for an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a situation in which I failed at getting the result from a situation that I was spearheading at work.   Answer Question

Tax Manager (Internal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral put in for me in the middle of May. A week later I was contacted by the recruiting department for an initial phone screening. After completing an on-line application I was scheduled to meet with 4 people from the team (2 from management, 2 lower level staff). The interviews went great and at the end of June I had my second interview with 2 other team members. I followed up with recruiting a few days after and was given very good feedback and was told that there were no other candidates being considered before me but we had to wait for final word from the team. I never heard back. I continued to follow up throughout the summer and was continuously told that the team was busy and would be making a decision soon. At the end of August, in response to me following up I was told the position had been filled. I think that if I had never followed up I would never have heard back.

Interview Questions

• All the interviews basically went over my resume and the team and position. I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter and then was brought in to meet with a panel of 4 to walk through specific questions about my background and familiarity with project finance. Be prepared to walk through specific examples of how your previous work history makes you a good fit for the role you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult client and what do you do to handle people who are combative?   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

For the position I was applying for, I had an onsite phone interview with the technical lead. Then follow by a face-to-face interview with the program manager. Both interviews took place on the same day on the same site.

Interview Questions

• There were more behavioral-type questions than technical questions. The technical lead did inquire how I would approach a technical problem if I was stuck.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is between me and the recruiter who is serve as the communicator for the hiring manager. We negotiated for a week.