Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2016

2.8

For Health Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

It was 2 hours of 3 back to back interviews. All behavioral questions. It was mainly very scientific in nature. The interviewers were nice and the questions were decent. However, I can tell they wanted someone with a more science background.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Belcamp, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume for a position online. She asked a few questions based off my resume and asked what aspects I enjoyed most. Then she set me up for a hiring event/interview for the following week. There were several other candidates there for various positions as well. We were all guided to a conference room and seated at separate tables in the room. During the 2 hours (barely), several Leads from different sections bounced from table to table asking us questions about our experiences and performances based on our resumes. They also shared info on what BAH had to offer and gave us the opportunity to ask them questions about the company and what to expect while being a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue/problem that you fast in your last position that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was great and straight to the point. Discussed salary ranges and which range I wanted to be. Discussed the history of the company and went into detail about the job description and daily duties. Discussed the location of the position and the hours of work.

Senior Manager, Strategic Capture Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter to interview for one of several positions. Did a preliminary screening with the recruiter and was told I would be contacted to schedule a meeting with the interviewers. After several days with no feedback I had to call the recruiter who told me they had identified a candidate and no longer had an opening. Several weeks later the same recruiter called me to schedule an interview for another, similar position. I was scheduled to meet with two interviewers. Neither interviewer seemed prepared for the meeting and surprised by it. The first interviewer was actually expecting to be the second interviewer and opened by asking me if I had any questions from others that I had met. When I told him he was the first, he was surprised and we spent the entire interview talking about the BAH capture process while asking me very few questions. I was then handed off to the lead for the team I would be working in. He was eating his lunch while he was interviewing me. He proceeded to pose several hypothetical situations to me to probe how I would handle specific situations I might encounter during the performance of my job. Upon conclusion, he said he wanted me to meet a third person within the organization but that person was not available. After waiting for the person to return without success, we concluded the interview. I later followed up with the recruiter who informed me they had settled on another candidate. I asked for feedback on my interview but none was provided.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were work related hypothetical questions without "correct" answers.   1 Answer

3D Modeler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was first called and screened by their HR rep and told that someone would be calling to set up a phone interview. When that call came I was told I would I would have to call into a conference line and enter a code. I would be interviewed by 2 people at this point and it would last about a half hour. I was asked about all my general 3D art and animation knowledge. This included rigging, basic animation, modeling and texturing. After that interview I had to hang up and cal back for a second interview. This one consisted of how I would fit in at BAH and was conducted by managers of the department. I was told This would be it for interviews and I would be hearing from HR if I got the job. I was contacted a week later and told I would be getting a 3rd interview. Which was kind of a surprise since I was told that I was done with interviews. This interview was given by their art lead and consisted of a mix of questions from the first and second interviews. Then at the end I was told he would contact me with direction for a possible art test. I didn't hear anything for weeks then I got an email from the HR rep that I had been working with telling me that they lost the contract and would not be hiring for the position. Two weeks later I was contacted via email by their art lead to tell me he got the go ahead for me to take the art test he had told me about. Again, I was very surprised since I was told they were not hiring for the position. I did not ask, why in the hopes that maybe they had reopened the position, I just took the test which consisted of me modeling and texturing a fighter jet of my chose. (Pick a very detailed model, the jet I chose didn't have a lot of detail and I had to attempt to add more detail to the texture) The test took 2 weeks and I had to send screenshots with progress updates every 2 weeks. After the test I did not not receive a confirmation email or thank you for taking 2 weeks out of your job search to take the test. I don't normally feel a sense of entitlement but I think I deserve at least some kind of recognition for my time and effort. The interview was a really positive experience up until their new art lead got involved and communication fell apart.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for rigging?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2015.

Interview

20 min phone interview to go over and confirm my past educational and work related experience. Also asked about compensation and informed me what the next steps would be for in person interview.

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. Contacted by HR couple weeks later. 30 minutes phone screening with the HR, discussed my qualifications, salary requirement, and starting date. An hour panel interview with the team on the phone a month later, mostly on behavioral and technical skills. Another 30 minutes phone interview with two BAH epidemiologists a month after that, again, focused on behavioral and technical skills. They wanted people with extensive experience using SAS (macro). Slow interview process, progress mirrors that of the federal government, nice people, but things move so slowly that I may just applied for a retirement job, which is the culture of most federal agencies.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via our university recruitment site. A newly-hired associate emailed to set up a screening call a few days later. The screening call was pretty informal -- more about BAH's commercial practice (which they are starting again), my background, and would I be interested in what they were doing. I said yes to the interview process. The interview process was not what I was expecting. Six total interviews over that started at 9am with the day ending at 4pm. First interview was light -- the interviewer was more interested in talking about her previous experience at the firm and I got a chance to ask a few questions. We ran out of time before she could ask her case question. Second hour was a one-hour written case -- lots of slides, number, facts, and you had to write out a slide deck for presentation. I was asked to sit in an empty room for one hour after that (I stared out the window b/c there was nothing to do). Third interview was a case -- stumbled through that b/c I wasn't expecting it. Fourth interview as a presentation and defense of the written case to two people (one was an associate), and then another case was immediately thrown at me. I was questioning the logic behind the back-to-back cases. It wasn't expected based on previous reviews posted here. The last interview was with the principle of the practice, and yet another case. It was a pretty exhausting day b/c it was a bunch of case studies -- none of them quantitative (P&L, M&A, etc.) but a lot about market launch -- what would be the market launch plans for x,y,z? In truth, I didn't prep well (I'm in the middle of final exams), but the number of cases and the lack of any meaningful Q&A suggests something about this group (the new commercial unit at BAH attempting to revive the old Booz & Co flag I believe). I'm not sure what they were looking. Probably could care less if you had any collaboration skills or were morally bankrupt. They spend almost no time asking anything about me or my experience -- nothing behavioral or even remotely personal. It wasn't almost robotic and completely transactional . Not really sure what this team is attempting to achieve, but definitely not a positive interview experience. Previous Booz consultant I debriefed with suggested the interview was so left-field (for Booz) that it suggested this team is still trying to figure things out. Someone may go through this process and likely come out with a very different interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If the US postal service were spun off into a private firm, how would you advise them in terms of increasing their revenues?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process! No regards for their candidates, even when the recruiter approaches you first... how do you get someone's name/credentials wrong twice? And I am not talking about pronunciation or misspelling wise, I am talking about a completely different person they were thinking of...twice. I first was screened by a recruiter and it went well. The recruiter was very friendly and asked general screening questions (background check, US citizen, etc.). Next was the on-site interview. I waited 20 minutes before someone got me and they had to kick someone out of the room that we were going to interview in. The technical interviewer was friendly regardless, and we were able to have a great conversation. The second interviewer was extremely awkward and it was obvious the person had not reviewed my resume. The interviewer was just staring at me with long awkward silences that were sometimes broken with rhetorical questions such as "So you went to (this school) huh?" and then responses such as "Oh." Third interviewer was a personality test, and I was really shaken up by the horrible second interviewer by that time. The guy was pretty friendly so I eventually got my composure back. They kept me for a total of 5 hours, and overall I had felt it went okay. The second interviewer lead me out with a curt comment of "It will be a loooooong time before we get back to you." I was shocked at how unprofessional the interview process was, especially when I was approached first for this position, from waiting for 20 minutes, as well as getting my credentials/name wrong TWICE, and then dragging my interview on for 5 hours when the decision was already made. I wish I cut my losses earlier.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult one was not a question, it was a long awkward silent staring contest.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 1 hour. Three data scientists took turns talking with me. They were really polite and friendly. I talked a lot about the data analytics project and asked them questions. Still waiting for response about the following process.

Interview Questions

• Projects listed on the resume, behavior questions like talking about yourself and past leadership experience.   Answer Question