Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Capital Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

HR presented to a group of interviewees (interviewing for specific, as well as general hiring), then two separate subject matter expert one-on-one interviews. I was told in my second one-on-one that the position I had applied for had already been filled. The second interviewer (the project lead) had clearly not looked at my resume before hand. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written an Exhibit 300 business case?   1 Answer

Digital Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. They asked about my prior experience and design inspirations. The biggest cons about the whole process was the speed of the process. It took about 2 months to get through one round of interviewing...

Interview Questions

• Who is your design inspiration?   1 Answer

Chief Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted within a few hours of submitting my resume for the position of Chief Technologist (i.e., a specialized, more technical equivalent of 'Senior Manager') within the Strategic Innovation Group of Booz Allen Hamilton. A recruiter emailed me and we set up time to speak a few days later. The interview questions were generic ('describe your experience at XYZ company', 'go through an average day at your current project').

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview, then I had a phone interview with members of the team, and eventually was brought in for an interview in MD. I felt like the interview went well but did not receive an offer. I inquired and was told that the reason was that my starting salary requirements were too high. I only requested the same salary I was making at my current job, which is below average for data scientists in that area. I can only conclude that they don't pay well, which is contrary to what I have heard. HR also mixed up my email address with the candidate they chose to hire, and I received some of her HR emails, which is incredible unprofessional.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I've applied to Booz Allen many times over the past year, and randomly got an invitation to interview for this position, which I hadn't applied for. I agreed, had a phone interview, and the next day was offered an in-person interview, which I accepted. After a 2 hours drive I met with my interviewer who informed me that the second interviewer had already left for the day, so I would just be working with him. His attitude was tired and despondent, and he acted like he really did not want to be there. It was basically on me to conduct my own interview with this person. After the interview was over he told me I would hear about the job within the week, and then added that he and the other person had done multiple interviews for the position that day, some of which were internal candidates. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, and was basically his way of saying I wasn't going to get the job. The week came and went, and I was never notified about getting, or not getting, the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client, and how the situation turned out.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met people at a career fair, called for an initial phone screening, then invited for an in-office interview. They didn't reimburse for any part of the trip. This was for a full-time position.

Four 30 minute interviews in a row, three behavioral that were easy-going and relatively conversational, I felt they were all easy to talk to and relatively basic behavioral questions that were trying to gauge if you're a good fit for the firm. Last interview was a surprise technical interview that asked specific questions on database syntax and optimization. This was a surprise because pretty much none of these reviews said anything more than behavioral.

I was called by the recruiter about a week later and told that there was nothing I could have done better during my interviews and that they felt I was a great firm fit, but they weren't sure they would still have the money to hire me by the time I graduated (even though they knew when I would be graduating since the first day I talked to them) and offered me to interview for an internship instead. Pass.

Overall, everyone involved was very nice and personable, but I can't help but feel like I was jerked around for no reason and that there was never actually a chance of me getting the position regardless of my performance during the interview. Combine that with no reimbursement and very positive feedback and it was extremely frustrating to hear this excuse.

Interview Questions

• How could this SQL statement be improved to increase efficiency?   Answer Question

Junior Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screen. The process took about two weeks. What really disappointed me about the whole process was the fact that I had to reach out to the recruiter to get a status update, only to be told that I wasn't moving forward. I can't help but wonder if I would have ever heard anything had I not initiated the inquiry.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience with SharePoint and why I want to pursue a career in SharePoint. There was one question that really caught me off guard: "would you entertain a counter offer from your current employer?" I had never been asked that during an interview before.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

several phone screen interviews before reaching a real decision maker. this was a clearance required position and for a distant place with a rather long drive. Once I was with a division head , the questions became properly technical. I found BOOZE to be totally inflexible. After several interviews and in a demand field when the firm is short of people, I have had great success negotiating. These folks denied a 4 days by 10 hour schedule for a candidate coming 75 miles away - each way.

Interview Questions

• questions regarding the RMF process which is fairly new to the Department of Defense which had been DIACAP focused.   Answer Question

Military Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. It was pretty informal compared to interviews I'd had in the past. I interviewed with two people. One worked at the main office and the other was a person working on a contract. I felt really good about the interview when I left, but I was not extended an offer because I did not have the experience the contractor was looking for. Weird because I met all the minimum qualifications that the job posting asked for. Still, I was impressed with the level of professionalism from the staff who interviewed me and would have loved to work for BAH.

Interview Questions

• Question involved specifics about my qualifications dealing with USSTRATCOM   Answer Question

Director Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

There were interviews with two people, one my potential boss and one a peer. Both were casual interviews in their office, so a very comfortable setting. The first person, the peer, asked questions about my general background that seemed relevant to gauge how I would fit into the overall group, while the second interview focused on experience with specific systems and implementation of them.