Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.8

277 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Phone screening with the HR representative for 30 minutes. The conversation was very straight forward about expectations from both sides. Then an hour long behavioral interview on on-site . They try to find your strong suit . The third interview is technical . You sit with the team you will be working with . First they explain , how they work and what they expect. After that some technical questions and White board.

Interview Questions

• Why is man hole circle?   1 Answer
    • Create a function that determines who wins in a tic tac toe game ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Attending a hiring event, and there will be 3 to 5 people might be seeing you. You will be assigned a table. It was less former, they did not have a specific job, and they just want to know about you.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your education background   1 Answer
    • Are you a fast learner?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and quick. Got call within 2 days letting me know they would like to make offer but didn't hear anything back after that phone call. I tried reaching back once a week to recruiter(s) but I was pushed back by saying "oh we are still waiting to hear back from hiring manager"(excuses). After 4 weeks of calling finally got final answer that they would not hire me since the team do not have enough budget to hire me. My question is why was I put on hold if they didn't had enough budget in first place??? These recruiters makes this company look BAD. What a WASTE OF TIME as I spent about 5-6 weeks just to hear I will not be hired.

Unspecified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Filled out several forms online and had preliminary interviews over the phone, then met at company headquarters with several senior staffers. They asked general questions about my background, skills, and interest in various positions.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working issues X and Y?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online. Received email from recruiter one day later and conducted phone screening two days after the initial contact, Conducted a Skype interview with hiring manager. The whole process took about six business days. Received at status update a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are the essential tools of project management?   Answer Question
    • How do you address a situation where an engineer is not committed to the project/program?   Answer Question
    • How do you address a situation where the PM is going down the wrong path?   Answer Question

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied on the website, and the recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks for a phone screen interview and then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. The recruiter was very prompt and enthusiastic about the position and answered any questions I had.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Disclaimer: I do not have a Full Scope Polygraph, and I work in the Maryland area.

I attempted to apply to Booz Allen over a span of two months. I had two current employees attempting to help get my resume in front of the right people. Over this time period I spoke with no less than four recruiters, and was frequently left without response for weeks at a time. None of the recruiters were Booz; they all were outside consultants with MBO Partners. It was very clear throughout the whole process that as soon as they learned I didn't have an FSP, I was the lowest priority.

One month in, I applied to an open position that did not require a clearance; I finally got a call four weeks later about my application, long after I'd given up and accepted work elsewhere. During this four week period, I worked with two different recruiters trying to get my application seen, and both dropped out of contact without warning.

I get it. The NSA and full-poly jobs are the biggest thing going for Booz. Other things are not a priority. But this experience was far and above the most frustrating hiring experience I've ever seen. I would have even accepted honest responses: "I primarily look at full-scope people. I will try to help you, but it could be awhile while I focus on priority applicants."

But being ignored mid-discussion is bad enough once, much less by four independent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have or are you willing to sit for a full-scope polygraph?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BAH recruiter. They had found my resume online. I was told the company was looking for several Dynamics CRM developers as soon as possible. The job description matched my skill set very closely. I was told someone will contact me to setup an interview within couple of days. I received an email a few days later with instructions to dial in to conduct an interview without coordinating with me prior to the interview time. I received a phone call in the morning of my interview by another recruiter. When I told her that nobody had coordinated with me and I would not be available for the interview, she apologized and setup the interview for another day. I had 45 minutes talk with 3 people over the phone. One interviewer was a lady who said she was not technical but also said that it seemed like I had not done a lot of technical work on my last job because of my title at my last job (CRM Administrator). I told her that my title did not represent my work. The company that I was working for was a small company and the title was misleading and as a matter of fact I had done technical work for them. The other 2 interviewers sounded young but they said they were Architects. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone too. The questions were easy and I answered them all. They asked some behavioral questions too. Two days later I was contacted by the second recruiter who had scheduled my interview, congratulating me that I had got the job. She went over my benefits and pay. One thing that raised a red flag for me during our conversation was that she said why don't you think about this offer (it was on Friday morning) and get back to me on Monday to let me know if you are going to accept the offer. Why would a company want such a thing was a little weird to me. Usually, when a company offers you a job, they want you to accept it right away or as soon as possible. I told her that the offer was acceptable to me and I was excited to join the company.
    She said great, then I will send you the formal offer by Monday COB likely. Another red flag. Why would a offer letter take that long and why likely when I knew that they were looking for candidates as soon as possible. My feeling was that they were looking for people and wanted to line up some candidates and then choose the cheapest one. That is why they wanted to push this back as long as they could so they can interview more people while keeping some in the queue while looking for more candidates. Anyways, I waited until Tuesday, contacted her and asked her how things were going and that I had not received the offer yet. She said she was waiting for the team and that she will get back to me by the end of week (why that long I said to myself). End of week came and no offer letter. She finally called me the next week (10 days after the initial verbal offer) and said unfortunately, team has decided not to move forward with the offer. I guess like I said they found people who asked for less. Very unprofessional. Never in my 15+ years of career had seen anything like this. Fortunately, I received another offer from another company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to setup a brief phone call. They said that my background & skills fit the position well, and said that they would get back to me on any next steps. After I initiated two brief & polite follow ups, I did not receive any response, and the position is still open online with my application status "under review" one month later. This is the first time I have done a phone screening by any company's recruiter that did not result in any type of response.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was invited to chat with an alum who was hiring for positions. We chatted for about 20 minutes, just walked through the resume and what to expect from the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you struggled to communicate with a team you worked on?   Answer Question