Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,104 Interview Reviews

2.7

1,104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied on the website, and the recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks for a phone screen interview and then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. The recruiter was very prompt and enthusiastic about the position and answered any questions I had.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Two interviews, 30 minutes each, one on one. Talked about my resume, the company, my previous job and how it relates to the one I am applying to.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Disclaimer: I do not have a Full Scope Polygraph, and I work in the Maryland area.

I attempted to apply to Booz Allen over a span of two months. I had two current employees attempting to help get my resume in front of the right people. Over this time period I spoke with no less than four recruiters, and was frequently left without response for weeks at a time. None of the recruiters were Booz; they all were outside consultants with MBO Partners. It was very clear throughout the whole process that as soon as they learned I didn't have an FSP, I was the lowest priority.

One month in, I applied to an open position that did not require a clearance; I finally got a call four weeks later about my application, long after I'd given up and accepted work elsewhere. During this four week period, I worked with two different recruiters trying to get my application seen, and both dropped out of contact without warning.

I get it. The NSA and full-poly jobs are the biggest thing going for Booz. Other things are not a priority. But this experience was far and above the most frustrating hiring experience I've ever seen. I would have even accepted honest responses: "I primarily look at full-scope people. I will try to help you, but it could be awhile while I focus on priority applicants."

But being ignored mid-discussion is bad enough once, much less by four independent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have or are you willing to sit for a full-scope polygraph?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online and got invited to a hiring event. It was a typical hiring event in which they send out invitations to qualified candidates and then you show up at McLean to be interviewed by multiple people. Easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging project and how did you solve/overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BAH recruiter. They had found my resume online. I was told the company was looking for several Dynamics CRM developers as soon as possible. The job description matched my skill set very closely. I was told someone will contact me to setup an interview within couple of days. I received an email a few days later with instructions to dial in to conduct an interview without coordinating with me prior to the interview time. I received a phone call in the morning of my interview by another recruiter. When I told her that nobody had coordinated with me and I would not be available for the interview, she apologized and setup the interview for another day. I had 45 minutes talk with 3 people over the phone. One interviewer was a lady who said she was not technical but also said that it seemed like I had not done a lot of technical work on my last job because of my title at my last job (CRM Administrator). I told her that my title did not represent my work. The company that I was working for was a small company and the title was misleading and as a matter of fact I had done technical work for them. The other 2 interviewers sounded young but they said they were Architects. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone too. The questions were easy and I answered them all. They asked some behavioral questions too. Two days later I was contacted by the second recruiter who had scheduled my interview, congratulating me that I had got the job. She went over my benefits and pay. One thing that raised a red flag for me during our conversation was that she said why don't you think about this offer (it was on Friday morning) and get back to me on Monday to let me know if you are going to accept the offer. Why would a company want such a thing was a little weird to me. Usually, when a company offers you a job, they want you to accept it right away or as soon as possible. I told her that the offer was acceptable to me and I was excited to join the company.
    She said great, then I will send you the formal offer by Monday COB likely. Another red flag. Why would a offer letter take that long and why likely when I knew that they were looking for candidates as soon as possible. My feeling was that they were looking for people and wanted to line up some candidates and then choose the cheapest one. That is why they wanted to push this back as long as they could so they can interview more people while keeping some in the queue while looking for more candidates. Anyways, I waited until Tuesday, contacted her and asked her how things were going and that I had not received the offer yet. She said she was waiting for the team and that she will get back to me by the end of week (why that long I said to myself). End of week came and no offer letter. She finally called me the next week (10 days after the initial verbal offer) and said unfortunately, team has decided not to move forward with the offer. I guess like I said they found people who asked for less. Very unprofessional. Never in my 15+ years of career had seen anything like this. Fortunately, I received another offer from another company.

Intel Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Pensacola, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview went well, split 50/50 technical and personal interview. There were two interviews total with two different people. One person was the technical side and the other was the personal/professional background.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly informal interview process. It was approximately two hours long and I met with 4 people in total. The interview was primarily a discussion of the work I would be involved with, with questions mingled about the conversation pertaining to my knowledge, skills, and experience. Questions were generally related to content in the job posting or what I talked about in my resume or cover letter.

Interview Questions

Interview

Usually starts with prescreen a/few week(s) prior to the in-person interview. I started by speaking briefly with the recruiters/HR, and then I had two rounds of 1:1 interviews to discuss the position and fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2017.

Interview

One interview on campus. Very friendly and nice. Casual experience where they were asking what classes I've taken/currently taking. Two on one interview and asked about web development experience. Also asked about basic data structures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to but they didn't allow for it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very informal. I met the 1st interviewer and answered questions about myself and my experience. The second interviewer asked all technical questions. and then I was on my way out the door.