Booz Allen Hamilton Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

Interview

Usually starts with prescreen a/few week(s) prior to the in-person interview. I started by speaking briefly with the recruiters/HR, and then I had two rounds of 1:1 interviews to discuss the position and fit.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where three different members of a Strategic Communications team each interviewed me individually. The process took a little over two hours. One person sat down at a time and they rotated out of the room.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2016.

Interview

Check in, await interview presentation. Welcome to Booz Allen, followed by a video presentation on the company. Offered refreshments and awaited arrival of interviewing officials. Interviews (separate) with three Booz Allen Associates, one after the other. Escorted out of the building.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous positions and experience. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience

Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different individuals. Each interview lasted approx. 30 minutes. In a previous interview with the company I also had phone interviews. Whether in person or by phone, BAH puts you in a private interview room. The interviews were pretty thorough compared to other interviews I have had for similar jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with analytics?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview process was great, the woman I spoke to really took the time to get to know me and learn more about what my interests were. She went through my resume with me and provided me ample time to talk through my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How has your communications background prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The phone screen was pretty quick, all the questions were basically things she could have gotten from my online application. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person at the Crystal City office. There were about 5 other candidates interviewing for the same position when I got there. Interview was with 3 separate people from the team. Most of the questions focused on why I wanted to work for Booz Allen and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were not very relaxed and it was not really a great experience. I wasn't interested in working for them anymore and accepted another offer.

Costomer Advocate/Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (O Fallon, IL).

Interview

A friend already in the company referred me for this position after I retired from the AF. I interviewed with the manager and two senior leaders, but they were more like discussions. None of the interviews lasted more than 30 minutes. They focused some on my background, but more on the job ahead. I don't recall any challenging questions, but it was over 6 years ago.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very short. They knew my military salary/benefits and generously offered comparable salary. I didn't submit a counter offer.

Strategic Communication Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

I posted my resume on Booz Allen's website and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day, which was a Thursday, and then set up an in person interview for Monday. Received a verbal job offer the day after the interview. The whole process was quick and simple, and they made sure to talk about benefit package.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you created and implemented a strategic communication plan.   Answer Question

Salary was a bit low for the offer, but they seemed willing to negotiate. Ultimately, my husband and I decided we weren't going to stay in our current location so I choose to decline.

Senior Consultant Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Began with standard phone interview and screening asking basic questions. This was held by a recruiter. Second interview was in person by a team of three potential colleagues. Questions at this point were regarding experience, situational, and cultural fit. Last interview was with a partner of VP and seemed more or less procedural as their mind was made up.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience qualify you for this position.   1 Answer