Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,151 Interview Reviews

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was a phone interview. If selected you would be invited back for a group interview with peers and leadership. If you get through that process then it's typically a 15 - 30 day wait to see if you get an offer letter. The process is daunting and you may get frustrated from the lack of communication you get from recruiting.

Interview Questions

• What is you strongest attribute   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I've applied to Booz Allen many times over the past year, and randomly got an invitation to interview for this position, which I hadn't applied for. I agreed, had a phone interview, and the next day was offered an in-person interview, which I accepted. After a 2 hours drive I met with my interviewer who informed me that the second interviewer had already left for the day, so I would just be working with him. His attitude was tired and despondent, and he acted like he really did not want to be there. It was basically on me to conduct my own interview with this person. After the interview was over he told me I would hear about the job within the week, and then added that he and the other person had done multiple interviews for the position that day, some of which were internal candidates. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, and was basically his way of saying I wasn't going to get the job. The week came and went, and I was never notified about getting, or not getting, the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client, and how the situation turned out.   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

An hour long question and answer session with four senior engineers who operate on the customer site and one business principal manager. Each person took turns asking related to their various fields of expertise. As I answered each question I also expounded on my background and experience. Several times during the interview the additional information I related from one questions was said to have answered questions that others had planned to ask.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2016.

Interview

i submitted my application and contacted recruiter who interviewed me on phone for initial fit. Later she sent my profile for screening for further interview rounds. Upon selection, I got 3 skype interviews, two with senior managers and one with Vice President.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Fairfax, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

They had an immediate need for people so HR set up a face to face interview right away. There were three rounds back to back (I believe there were two teams they considered me for). The first round had the PMs and devs together. They went over my resume and had some standard tech questions for me. The second was just two devs. They had standard questions and asked me to whiteboard in multiple languages. The last round was a nontechnical PM but he still gave me a problem to do (recursion).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via our university recruitment site. A newly-hired associate emailed to set up a screening call a few days later. The screening call was pretty informal -- more about BAH's commercial practice (which they are starting again), my background, and would I be interested in what they were doing. I said yes to the interview process. The interview process was not what I was expecting. Six total interviews over that started at 9am with the day ending at 4pm. First interview was light -- the interviewer was more interested in talking about her previous experience at the firm and I got a chance to ask a few questions. We ran out of time before she could ask her case question. Second hour was a one-hour written case -- lots of slides, number, facts, and you had to write out a slide deck for presentation. I was asked to sit in an empty room for one hour after that (I stared out the window b/c there was nothing to do). Third interview was a case -- stumbled through that b/c I wasn't expecting it. Fourth interview as a presentation and defense of the written case to two people (one was an associate), and then another case was immediately thrown at me. I was questioning the logic behind the back-to-back cases. It wasn't expected based on previous reviews posted here. The last interview was with the principle of the practice, and yet another case. It was a pretty exhausting day b/c it was a bunch of case studies -- none of them quantitative (P&L, M&A, etc.) but a lot about market launch -- what would be the market launch plans for x,y,z? In truth, I didn't prep well (I'm in the middle of final exams), but the number of cases and the lack of any meaningful Q&A suggests something about this group (the new commercial unit at BAH attempting to revive the old Booz & Co flag I believe). I'm not sure what they were looking. Probably could care less if you had any collaboration skills or were morally bankrupt. They spend almost no time asking anything about me or my experience -- nothing behavioral or even remotely personal. It wasn't almost robotic and completely transactional . Not really sure what this team is attempting to achieve, but definitely not a positive interview experience. Previous Booz consultant I debriefed with suggested the interview was so left-field (for Booz) that it suggested this team is still trying to figure things out. Someone may go through this process and likely come out with a very different interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If the US postal service were spun off into a private firm, how would you advise them in terms of increasing their revenues?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Portland, ME) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was conducted over Skype with a panel of three individuals. It was very detailed interview with technical questions. The kind of interview where you finish and immediately assume you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to live and work overseas   1 Answer

Records Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interviewed with two team members. First member was more on the technical side of the program. He asked more in-depth questions on knowledge of the program. Second member was more on finding out if I was the right fit for the position. Will I be able to strategically apply my knowledge to accomplish the mission with little to no supervision. I wasn't prepared for the scope of responsibilites because the position I applied for was a mid-level position and this was an interview on the senior-level.

Interview Questions

• Have you written policies and directives?   1 Answer

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with hiring manager via Skype and then met with next three levels of management in person. They asked challenging questions and wanted to know more about my background and level of technical experience. I was not able to obtain much of any information from the BAH team about the position itself because the project is gov't-related and classified.

Interview Questions

• Short open ended questions or situational questions, such as what would you do if you were in charge of a blotched project, etc. And ...how would go about loading code to the web? Tell me when things went really bad and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.