Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,115 Interview Reviews

2.7

Unspecified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Filled out several forms online and had preliminary interviews over the phone, then met at company headquarters with several senior staffers. They asked general questions about my background, skills, and interest in various positions.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working issues X and Y?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for Business Analyst position through a referral. The recruiting part took a long time, around 5 to 6 months before I was contacted for an interview. However, the interview was a great and pleasant experience. I interviewed with a senior manager and a consultant, each for 30 minutes in a small room, switching after the allotted time. The interview was informal and mostly speaking about my background. They were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. I felt the interview was to gauge my fit with the team and my passion about the role I was applying for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to setup a brief phone call. They said that my background & skills fit the position well, and said that they would get back to me on any next steps. After I initiated two brief & polite follow ups, I did not receive any response, and the position is still open online with my application status "under review" one month later. This is the first time I have done a phone screening by any company's recruiter that did not result in any type of response.

Fuse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a large interview event at a conference center. Hundreds of college students were invited. There was a general welcome speech, then we were split into two or three different groups. For about an hour one group had a networking session where interviewees could talk to current employees and learn about specific projects BAH works on. The following hour consisted of two one-on-one interviews with two different hiring managers. Both interviews were very laid back and comfortable. There weren't any trick questions at all.
     It was very conversational. There were snacks too. Lots of snacks.

Interview Questions

• Booz Allen is all over the country. Do you have a preferred location?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

First, a recruiter does a screening call. Then a Senior Associate invites you to do an in-person interview. This usually consists of 3 in-person, one-on-one interviews on the same day. Nothing out of the ordinary and no case interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my past experience and goals. The one thing that through me off was that they asked for my salary range during the initial screening.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. The process went through several layers of team and management structure. Be mindful of your stamina if you have 3-4 interviews back-to-back. The last interview of the day is likely to be the actual hiring manager.

Mobile Device Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial interview held months ago. Lots of technical questions concerning the platform, and provided a description of the working environment. Heard nothing then, suddenly a hard press to recruit. I was offered a position, but the relocation package discussed verbally was not what was provided. This was the recruiter's fault.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions concerning the platforms I was to support.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Going around the room and sit at 1 of 4 tables - each table associated with project. All applicants are gathered in the same room. Every dialog could be overheard. Awful

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. Several months later I got invited by a recruiter to a recruiting event. Then I was assigned two managers in different teams in the analytics field to interview me, each 30 min. Not many technical questions. Just some basic questions regarding past internship and project experience. Also some questions on machine learning, including general ones about algorithms(not difficult) as well as detailed questions related to the projects they are working on.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online. Received email from recruiter one day later and conducted phone screening two days after the initial contact, Conducted a Skype interview with hiring manager. The whole process took about six business days. Received at status update a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are the essential tools of project management?   Answer Question
    • How do you address a situation where an engineer is not committed to the project/program?   Answer Question
    • How do you address a situation where the PM is going down the wrong path?   Answer Question