Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,074 Interview Reviews

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was invited to FUSE event in McLean, VA for interview. I was interviewed by four different managers. First two managers were from an engineering team and latter two asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• A simple programming question. How would you solve factorial of a number using any programming language. No coding. More like explain your thought process to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Great, I loved the entire process, very smooth. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and speaking to upper management. Very professional and inviting. I hoped to get an offer and I received one, it was great. Great great great. yes, it was great.

Interview Questions

• Majority of normal questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone was very nice and I really enjoyed the actually process   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was different - I met with 4 to 5 different hiring managers over the course of a few hours in an open environment, almost like a career fair. It was intimidating at first, but after my first meet and greet it became a comfortable setting. The HR staff is very welcoming and positive.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment would you dislike and why?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview, then I had a phone interview with members of the team, and eventually was brought in for an interview in MD. I felt like the interview went well but did not receive an offer. I inquired and was told that the reason was that my starting salary requirements were too high. I only requested the same salary I was making at my current job, which is below average for data scientists in that area. I can only conclude that they don't pay well, which is contrary to what I have heard. HR also mixed up my email address with the candidate they chose to hire, and I received some of her HR emails, which is incredible unprofessional.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King George, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (King George, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First hurdle in the process. The Lead for a BAH contract referred my resume to the BAH recruiters. The process took 3 weeks from initial contact to the first interview. It was a standard recruiter interview. It lasted 20 minutes. Recruiter was cordial, prompt and non confrontational. You can tell the recruiter hadn't absorbed my resume as some questions seemed obvious on the resume, i.e. Do you have an engineering degree from an accredited college?

Associate Data Scientist/Hadoop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter reached me after viewing my resume in one of job posting websites.I was intially screened by recruiter and my profile was forwarded to hiring manager.I was contacted by hiring manager and had technical phone screen.Then called onsite for inperson interview.I was given an offer at the interview and I accepted it after negotiation with recruiter.Over all the process was smooth and the recruiter was very helpful through out the steps of interview and also before onboarding.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a mass hiring event. You're placed in rooms with others with similar work experience and the interviewers go around the rooms to interview people with skills they are interested in. It was very laid back but with a lot of people. The event window was from about 3pm to 7pm and refreshments were provided.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate yet

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I've applied to Booz Allen many times over the past year, and randomly got an invitation to interview for this position, which I hadn't applied for. I agreed, had a phone interview, and the next day was offered an in-person interview, which I accepted. After a 2 hours drive I met with my interviewer who informed me that the second interviewer had already left for the day, so I would just be working with him. His attitude was tired and despondent, and he acted like he really did not want to be there. It was basically on me to conduct my own interview with this person. After the interview was over he told me I would hear about the job within the week, and then added that he and the other person had done multiple interviews for the position that day, some of which were internal candidates. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, and was basically his way of saying I wasn't going to get the job. The week came and went, and I was never notified about getting, or not getting, the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client, and how the situation turned out.   Answer Question

Mutiple Openings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Norfolk, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Exceptional interview process. Semi-formal attire. Conversation interview with multiple position panel. One on one questioning. Professional and personal questioning about accomplishments, knowledge, skills, expectations, goals, and values. Upstanding company and staff.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you did or did not succeed at a professional project.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Preliminary interview with one of the recruiters via phone. Confirmed qualifications based on submitted resume. Asked what salary I would expect from the job. Asked when my TS/SCI expired. Asked when I would be willing to start working.