Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,151 Interview Reviews

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Really satisfied with this process. I was deployed at the time and they were very patient and understanding with the difficulties that posed. Three hour block/30 min each with who would be my boss and then 2 individuals above that person. Very nice people, asked good questions and answered mine very thoroughly. Couldn't have felt better about the process.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal work environment look like? What led you to apply for this job? What would you do in X situation? What did you do at X job that would prepare you for this one?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and quick. Got call within 2 days letting me know they would like to make offer but didn't hear anything back after that phone call. I tried reaching back once a week to recruiter(s) but I was pushed back by saying "oh we are still waiting to hear back from hiring manager"(excuses). After 4 weeks of calling finally got final answer that they would not hire me since the team do not have enough budget to hire me. My question is why was I put on hold if they didn't had enough budget in first place??? These recruiters makes this company look BAD. What a WASTE OF TIME as I spent about 5-6 weeks just to hear I will not be hired.

Junior Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

As a recent grad from university, I applied through the online portal and was contacted by a recruiter (within a week). With the recruiter I did a screening interview (30 min), and then a couple of other very small 'interviews,' which were mostly used for clarifying information for the hiring team.

I then was scheduled to do a Skype interview (about 1.25hrs), which ended up being a conference call instead. I interviewed with a few different managers of varying levels. Most questions were about my resume items and how I thought they would apply to management consulting. The interviewers also spent a good amount of time talking about the culture and goals of Booz Allen, which was nice. Finally, they asked a couple of situational questions before opening the floor to me to ask whatever questions I had.

Overall, the process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a spreadsheet that has thousands of lines of data, what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Unspecified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Filled out several forms online and had preliminary interviews over the phone, then met at company headquarters with several senior staffers. They asked general questions about my background, skills, and interest in various positions.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working issues X and Y?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. The process went through several layers of team and management structure. Be mindful of your stamina if you have 3-4 interviews back-to-back. The last interview of the day is likely to be the actual hiring manager.

General Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I first got a phone screening with a recruiter and was then invited to a hiring event. The hiring event was a mix of a networking and interview, where you are assigned a table and three different interviewers come find you for a half hour interview. Be prepared to ask questions and rate your team preferences!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

Great process, I was contacted by a recruiter from an employee referral, I was asked to apply to open position, phone interview same day, in person three days later, offer the following week.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by HR where I passed an initial phone screening. I was then scheduled for an onsite interview where I met with 3 people total for 1 on 1 interviews (1 being the hiring manager). Got a response about 3 days later and can say overall had a good interview process and good communication with everyone from the Booz Allen team.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with financial models within excel?   1 Answer

Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply through their online job portal (I got a referral from a current employee), then invited to a hiring fair for a couple positions. Multiple back-to-back interviews both in-person and on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received criticism and how you responded?   Answer Question

Geo-location Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and contacted the recruiter thru Linkedin. two initial phone interviews then was contacted by a recruiter. Meet the hiring manager at a job fair.

Interview Questions

• How many years of *job* expereince do I have?   1 Answer
    • Do you currently have a security clearance?   1 Answer