Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018
1,200 Interview Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2017.

Interview

Reached out by recruiter and had 2 on campus interviews back to back. The interviewers were very friendly, and asked a lot of questions on my goals. The technical questions were pretty simple. Takes a long time for them to get back to you cause of background checks for security clearances.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Frankly speaking, going thru the layers of recruiters in order to get to speak to someone is tiring but understandable. I got invited to their hiring event and talked to two people from one project. As I am reflecting, the interview was quite intense and technical; a guy asked me everything on my resume to see if I bs'ed thru and asked me to explain major machine learning models, flask API, git, etc. Afterwards, I spoke to a lady and the lady asked me about hadoop, spark, mapreduce paradigm, a specific function in Pandas, etc. In front of her, I even had to do a coding challenge besides the questions.

Interview Questions

• what is a specific function in Pandas that generates a dummy variable?   1 Answer

Summer Games Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone screen to make sure that I fit the requirements. Then there were two behavioral phone interviews, neither lasting more than 30 minutes. Although I was asked questions about my technical capabilities, never were technical problems posed.

Innovation Strategist/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an out-of-state recruiter, basic screening. Then she connected me with the HR to my respective location (DC).

The next week I was called in for an in-person interview with the team. 3 rounds in the order of the team hierarchy (senior/lead consultants, and then junior consultants). During my second round, I got a bit nervous because I was unfamiliar with the DoD process, and the questions were challenging. However, the interviewer was really great in helping break down the question, and trying to help me to answer.

I was asked some industry-specific questions which I thought were challenging, given I was an entry-level candidate (what's your experience in understanding the DoD process). I come from a design background so wasn't if my resume was read.

The day after the in-person interview, I received a test, where I was given a government issue, had to analyze the parameters, and create a brief proposal/presentation. It tested fact-checking, grammatical skills, time constraints, and the simulated the ability to communicate professionally with high-profile government leaders, just as the job description had described. The next week I completed another test, because the first one had some technical difficulties. The team was friendly and understanding in adjusting needs.

A week and a half later, I had a phone interview with the director of the team.

Afterwards, the response took about five weeks. Did not hear from the recruiter for a while, followed up three times over the course of four weeks. Towards the fourth and fifth week a team member apologized for the delay. I think ultimately there were in a hiring freeze, or the team was looking for someone more experienced although they were interviewing recent graduates.

Overall, had a great experience despite the long journey. The team was so friendly, transparent, passionate, and inspirational. Could tell I would be working with talented people, and really appreciated their time to give me a very in-depth outlook of their operations and what they do. By far one of the best interviews I've had. I had studied a lot and there were no unexpected questions-- but you definitely need to prepare!

Interview Questions

• What does innovation mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How do you convince difficult people or persuade others to accept your mode of thinking?   Answer Question
    • Brain teasers: how would you market an outdated pitchfork to a new economy? How would you come to your numbers over X amount of time, and Y constraints in terms of your clients?   Answer Question
    • Typical behavioral questions: describe a difficult time when...   Answer Question
    • What accomplishments are you proud of?   Answer Question
    • If you could be any part of a sailboat, what would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What skills would you bring us?   Answer Question
    • Describe your consulting skills?   Answer Question
    • What's the most difficult experience you've ever faced in your life? Why?   Answer Question
    • Boeing needs a new kind of aircraft. If they give you X parameters, what's your thought process in acquiring their needs? What steps would you take given their constraints, and where would you begin?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email that my skills meet their requirements a week after applying for the position. They provided a number to call and perform a behavior phone interview. After meeting their requirements, they had an on-site interview which due to the shortness of time, they decided to group all the interviewers together at once. The technical part of the interview process just had me answer questions pertaining to the field of web development and security principles, there were no coding questions asked that time, probably due to time constraints.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience using any online databases like MySQL.   Answer Question

Lead Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a initial screen. One week later I received a 2hr group phone interview and was given an offer. The recruiter called me within a day or two and gave me the positive results. The next week we discussed the offer and couple of days later I received the formal offer

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult just basic technical question . The personal question seems more important like how do you handle difficult moments with a client. Or treat ever changin requirements   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Knoxville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

1st round interview started with a typical 30-45 minute behavioral interview with typical interview questions and descriptions of the job and company. 2nd round interview was a bit more intense, at the facility, with 3x 30 minute interviews back to back to back with heads of different departments. Interview questions were not out of the ordinary or anything tricky, pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an uncomfortable decision or deliver bad news as a manager.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very fast and easy. I got a call from an internal recruiter who did a very short screen and then got back to me that day to set time for one of their hiring events. I went in and met with a team and then another person whose task was to get a feel for the culture fit. Questions were about my goals and my process; no trick questions and all throughout it felt like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your process.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called and emailed repeatedly by a recruiter that they were interested in my skills. Went in for an interview that was about 2 hours, speaking with several people (round-robin style interview) and seemed to go well. Then a few days later they said the position was filled by an "internal candidate" which seems shady, why would they bring all these people in and then just promote someone from within? However, they said they liked me and wanted me to interview for another position. So I went down there again a few weeks later, this time for 1.5 hours of interviews (one guy apparently was a no-show or he forgot) and after that.... silence.... didn't hear from the recruiter for 2 weeks. After emailing/calling her (won't mention her name) several times, finally she said they were still "making final decisions". After that I never heard anything. What an UNPROFESSIONAL company, I will not waste my time and will just ignore their emails from this point.

CMD Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Phoneton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two thirty minute phone calls. One was more technical and the other was behavioral. They talked about the intern work and the teams that were split up. There was also a background check before this happened.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about an experience where you learned something new   Answer Question