Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,104 Interview Reviews

2.7

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Preliminary interview with one of the recruiters via phone. Confirmed qualifications based on submitted resume. Asked what salary I would expect from the job. Asked when my TS/SCI expired. Asked when I would be willing to start working.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met people at a career fair, called for an initial phone screening, then invited for an in-office interview. They didn't reimburse for any part of the trip. This was for a full-time position.

Four 30 minute interviews in a row, three behavioral that were easy-going and relatively conversational, I felt they were all easy to talk to and relatively basic behavioral questions that were trying to gauge if you're a good fit for the firm. Last interview was a surprise technical interview that asked specific questions on database syntax and optimization. This was a surprise because pretty much none of these reviews said anything more than behavioral.

I was called by the recruiter about a week later and told that there was nothing I could have done better during my interviews and that they felt I was a great firm fit, but they weren't sure they would still have the money to hire me by the time I graduated (even though they knew when I would be graduating since the first day I talked to them) and offered me to interview for an internship instead. Pass.

Overall, everyone involved was very nice and personable, but I can't help but feel like I was jerked around for no reason and that there was never actually a chance of me getting the position regardless of my performance during the interview. Combine that with no reimbursement and very positive feedback and it was extremely frustrating to hear this excuse.

Interview Questions

• How could this SQL statement be improved to increase efficiency?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 phone interviews before an onsite in DC. Offer came during onsite. Negotiation was strict but starting offer was good (90k to 92k).

Offer was rescinded 10 days later when they interviewed an internal candidate after offering to me. Reasonable experience but the lack of transparency and professionalism

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

I came in for a hiring fair. Everyone was very nice, process was straight forward. After the interview my point of contact was very attentive and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Cyber Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview first consisted of a phone interview with a member currently holding the position. After successful completion of that interview I attended an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next several years

Are you willing to complete additional certification courses
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was initially offered what I requested by the hiring manager afterwards was told by a different individual because of my experience they could only offer me approximately 3-4,000 a year less than I requested

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview at college campus was behavioral with some technical questions. Then went to University interviewing event at headquarters in McLean. Had two 30 minute technical and behavioral interviews with a Project Manager and a Chief Engineer.

FUSE Event Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was invited to the event by a recruiter. Attended the event with about 50 other students. The event consisted of a networking component and one on one interviews. I had two one on one interviews and got called 3 days later with an offer

Junior Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screen. The process took about two weeks. What really disappointed me about the whole process was the fact that I had to reach out to the recruiter to get a status update, only to be told that I wasn't moving forward. I can't help but wonder if I would have ever heard anything had I not initiated the inquiry.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience with SharePoint and why I want to pursue a career in SharePoint. There was one question that really caught me off guard: "would you entertain a counter offer from your current employer?" I had never been asked that during an interview before.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall it was very simple behavior questions. Nothing too technical. The interviewer asked me about previous work history and projects that I have done in my field. She also asked me what programming languages I am familiar with.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I initially recruited with Booz Allen by reaching out to alum from my school on LinkedIn. After speaking to several of them, one referred me for a position. It took about a month and a half for me to get called for an interview. It was in-person (McLean, Virginia), and it was speed-dating style with multiple college students. 2 interviews - half hour each. Fairly simple if you know what the firm does and how you can be a good fit. I received an offer 3 days later.

Every point of contact has been incredibly helpful and engaging, from the interviewers themselves to the recruiters. Really great people.