Booz Allen Hamilton Lead Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Lead Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Offered an interview after applying on the website with a referral from a current employee. Interviewed one on one in separate interviews with 3 Vice Presidents and 2 Senior Associates. Interviews were about background, career goals, and interactions with others. When I received an offer, the salary was above the range I expected for the position. I was concerned that my hourly rate would be too high and price me out of certain contracts, so I did not counter the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Aberdeen, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The office at Booz Allen where I interviewed was in the process of hiring a significant number of people, so the interview was a bit of a cattle call. About a dozen of us were herded into a big room, and every half hour for an hour and a half the hiring managers would rotate around the room and talk to a different candidate, speed dating style. Every one of the Booz Allen side started their interview by apologizing for the process, as well they should. Maybe this is an efficient way to hire, say, fast food workers, but not six figure professionals -- it was a bit off-putting.
    That said, I was very impressed with the caliber of the Booz Allen technical staff. They are all friendly, smart, and passionate about their work.
    The HR staff was not quite so impressive -- they all seemed very inexperienced, and did not have a good system in place to manage such a large volume of interviews. For example, I got three different, pretty much identically worded emails from three different people on the HR staff, notifying me of my interview date/time/location and asking me to confirm that I'd be there (I dutifully replied to each one). Before I got an offer, one of the HR people called to feel me out on how much I was looking for, but couldn't even describe which job they would be hiring me for. In fact, he seemed not to have even considered the possibility that I would ask.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember -- the usual sorts of questions, nothing exceptionally difficult. They seemed to be assessing organizational fit more than grilling me about my knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Primarily salary.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Average interview process, not hard but I was expected to discuss my experience and how I could contribute to firm growth. I also touched base on why I originally left the firm 6 years prior and why I wanted to come back. As always, I came prepared with several questions to ask my interviewer, and she was able to answer them appropriately.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with my potential boss via personal network and had an informal coffee before "officially" starting the HR interview process. I was very impressed by his passion for the firm and vision for the future. (I had never really considered working for Booz Allen and candidly was only meeting to expand my network, so the coffee was a great entry point.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare.

When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW!

Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....
      Answer Question

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The hiring process is long and tedious. You will likely interview with 3 or 4 people and there will be a background check. They might bring you in several times to interview with different levels of people.

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

A former co worker got my name in the resume process. I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview for 10 minutes or so, which included the salary expectation question. After a month of maybe more I was contacted and invited to attend an interview night.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected or challenging. Most of them were align the lines of "Name an time where you encountered X and demonstrated Y to solve the challenge/issue"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over salary was via phone with the same recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Amateur

Negotiation

too delayed. did not cover important questions!

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

It was based on knowledge of my past experience as a program manager. They were interested in the technical aspects of the positions I had held in the past and the makeup of the team supervised.

Interview Questions

• How technical would you say the positions were that you have held in the past? How technical would you say you are on a 1 to 10 scale? Can we contact your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Good, met team and key leadership. Reviewed on-boarding process, expectations, HR and travel rules. Got a good feel of the organization, culture and work ethic required for success.

Interview Questions

• Subject based and general. Wanted to know background, experience, key skills and contacts/network.   Answer Question