Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

As a recent grad from university, I applied through the online portal and was contacted by a recruiter (within a week). With the recruiter I did a screening interview (30 min), and then a couple of other very small 'interviews,' which were mostly used for clarifying information for the hiring team.

I then was scheduled to do a Skype interview (about 1.25hrs), which ended up being a conference call instead. I interviewed with a few different managers of varying levels. Most questions were about my resume items and how I thought they would apply to management consulting. The interviewers also spent a good amount of time talking about the culture and goals of Booz Allen, which was nice. Finally, they asked a couple of situational questions before opening the floor to me to ask whatever questions I had.

Overall, the process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a spreadsheet that has thousands of lines of data, what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Contracts/Subcontract Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Was hired as a temp, I was interview by 6 pelple at one time from different areas of subcontracts administration, CPSR, Teaming Agreements, subk agreements, and government processes. I was hired as a temp, once I proved that I knew what I was doing, and showed hard work and professionalism, I was then offered a position. Overall, the interview process was intense. Make sure that you know your cpsr, teaming agreement, subcontract agreement, and RFP processes.

Interview Questions

• Technical, personality, how well working in difficult situations, negotiation strategies   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR. The process took one week. There was a second interview with a Manger. There was a third interview with a group lead and a final interview with the team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Great, I loved the entire process, very smooth. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and speaking to upper management. Very professional and inviting. I hoped to get an offer and I received one, it was great. Great great great. yes, it was great.

Interview Questions

• Majority of normal questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone was very nice and I really enjoyed the actually process   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was different - I met with 4 to 5 different hiring managers over the course of a few hours in an open environment, almost like a career fair. It was intimidating at first, but after my first meet and greet it became a comfortable setting. The HR staff is very welcoming and positive.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment would you dislike and why?   Answer Question

Business Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

1.5 hours total. First, an overview of the team (other interviewees there). Then two 30-min interviews. Both of my interviews were very laid back and friendly. The questions centered around work experience and how you problem solve. The only "case" like question was very vague and designed to see how you approach a problem.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and answered pre-screening questions. Set up a secondary phone interview with two senior associates. From there they make a determination and the recruiter will contact you with their decision. From there, you begin negotiations.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with senior level directors and hit it off immediately. They seemed genuinely interested in me as a potential fit and gave a very welcoming impression of the company. I should add that there were no deep technical questions at this stage and they only asked me about high level overviews of some of the projects in my portfolio and we left the interview on a positive note. I hear nothing from them for about a month and a half and then get an email from the HR person saying that they will not be moving forward in the interview process with me at this time. I was really looking forward to talking to them about next steps, but this was extremely perplexing and left a bad impression.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I did a screening a call with the recruiter and an interview call with the summer program manager. I believe that some candidates might face an additional round after the interview call, but I did not.

Interview Questions

• She asked a lot of questions to test my ability on how and whether I keep up with current news   Answer Question

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Amateur

Negotiation

too delayed. did not cover important questions!