Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Rockville, MD

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by the HR recruiter. We had a pleasant phone interview to review my resume and experience. I was told it was to be a panel interview but only one person showed up and apologized that others were too busy. Another called in for a separate interview. One of the interviewers said "I would be too expensive" for existing projects! I was a little taken aback, as I did not realize having superior expertise and experience was a negative for employment in a senior role.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to my background and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially spoke to a recruiter regarding different positions that are available. Was told there is an interest at the Rockville team. No movement for 3 weeks after that. Just when I had given up, I received a call and scheduled an interview the week after. Two one-on-one sessions, all behavioral questions. They were candid discussions on what I am looking for, and what I can bring to the table. Received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer that beat BAH's by 14k. I brought it up, and BAH increased theirs by 3k. Still 11k less, but I felt comfortable with the overall package.

Not Sure! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Met three of fellow interviewees at the receptionist and all led to a room where we seat at different tables to be interviewed by different groups. The project leaders were nice but was told they will assess my skill sets and discuss among themselves to assign me the best post, so I don't know what I was interviewed for! Company moving into healthcare consulting business and hoping to win government contract so was told I may not hear back for another three months. In the mean time I keep getting recruiter calls arranging interviews for the similar positions which can get annoying after a while. HR need better coordination not just try to interview as many people as you can and leave them all hanging there.

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions

• When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

One on one interview session with several managers.

Negotiation

It took about a week to be confirmed.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I initially was interviewed by a recruiter and then flown out for an in-person interview where I met 6 people back-to-back over 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience "difficult" or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate. I was sent a letter/offer that I had to accept/reject.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied via website.
    Talked to a recruiter who asked a set screening technical questions.
    In-person interview with 5 members of the hiring team.Data Science questions. Volume of data dealth with. Examples of complex data science questions answered in past positions. Time from phone screen to scheduling the in-person interview was about 6 weeks. Offer was received on the same day as the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Data Science questions. Volume of data dealth with. Examples of complex data science questions answered in past positions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Submitted application and resume online for one position posted on BAH 's website, then applied for eight more positions using saved information. I was contacted within 2 days by one of their lead recruiters and answered screening questions. At the end of the screening, the recruiter arranged an appointment with me to talk with a Lead Associate who is the Program Manager of a large multi-site healthcare reform contract. My follow-up phone interview with the Lead Associate lasted over 2 hours, but it did not seem that long. The style of questioning was conversational and was scenario focused oriented (i.e. Describe a time..., How have you..., etc...). Less than a week later, I was called by a different recruiter to schedule an in-person and phone interview with 2 additional Lead Associates at one of BAH 's corporate sites. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes and were similar to my previous interview. During these interviews, I learned that I typically would only have been interviewed in-person by a Sr. Associate, but he was on leave and had arranged for the two 30 minute interviews as his proxy. This impressed me greatly because it directly demonstrated the high level of trust and confidence that the team members have for each other.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have encountered in your present job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

A friend referred me and I was contacted a few months later by a recruiter. The recruiter called and there was a brief phone interview. Next, there was an in-person interview with 5 people for 30 minutes each. The interview was more of a discussion about my background and interests as well as what they were working on.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Just interviewed yesterday, thought it was pretty painless process, efficient, etc...no complaints. Have not heard anything regarding an offer yet! Interview: received a phone call from a recruiter and had a short conversation regarding basic skills and why it would be a good fit for you. Then had an interview about a week later and it was exactly what people have mentioned. You are sitting at your own table in a room where there are six tables total. The interviewers come in and sit at your table, you chat, and then after 30 min the next interviewer comes in. There are 3 of those. The interviews were very casual, and they ended up actually being pretty fun. There were not any standard questions, just chatting about my experience. It was very painless.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any tough questions, its more of just a chat about what you bring to the table. They asked about mentoring .   Answer Question