Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met people at a career fair, called for an initial phone screening, then invited for an in-office interview. They didn't reimburse for any part of the trip. This was for a full-time position.

Four 30 minute interviews in a row, three behavioral that were easy-going and relatively conversational, I felt they were all easy to talk to and relatively basic behavioral questions that were trying to gauge if you're a good fit for the firm. Last interview was a surprise technical interview that asked specific questions on database syntax and optimization. This was a surprise because pretty much none of these reviews said anything more than behavioral.

I was called by the recruiter about a week later and told that there was nothing I could have done better during my interviews and that they felt I was a great firm fit, but they weren't sure they would still have the money to hire me by the time I graduated (even though they knew when I would be graduating since the first day I talked to them) and offered me to interview for an internship instead. Pass.

Overall, everyone involved was very nice and personable, but I can't help but feel like I was jerked around for no reason and that there was never actually a chance of me getting the position regardless of my performance during the interview. Combine that with no reimbursement and very positive feedback and it was extremely frustrating to hear this excuse.

Interview Questions

• How could this SQL statement be improved to increase efficiency?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to several cyber security positions, and then I was contacted and did a phone screening with a recruiter that lasted approximately 30 minutes. This consisted of general feeler questions about my background and what I would like to do, as well as desired salary, location, etc. The recruiter immediately wanted to set up an on-site interview, however, I was unavailable for awhile so I had to wait. I reached back out to the recruiter and we got the interview scheduled.

The interview was held in an office where I interviewed with two different teams in-person, and then did teleconference interviews with 3 other teams. One of those teams wanted to schedule a second interview via phone. That interview was with the manager and was much more in-depth than the first interview. It wasn't very technical, but moreso about soft skills such as leadership. This interview lasted about an hour, and within 2 hours afterwards I had an email from the recruiter notifying that they will be giving me an offer on the next business day.

Interview Questions

• Describe DNS? DNS Port number? What protocol does DNS use? When would DNS use TCP instead of UDP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was walked around the firm and interviewed with 5-6 individuals. The questions were not at all difficult, but more focused around whether I'd be a good fit with the work force in San Diego. I felt the interview process was well-orchestrated and very fair and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, via an HR employee, I countered and they accepted my counter-offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruiter discussion on phone, panel interview with other departments, long application process which takes place on line, complete security clearance and review that information with the security office. Questions about experience and career target, goals. Would I relocate.

Interview Questions

• Experience with SPAWAR market, where do I see myself in 5-10 years. What would I like to do?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with HR a few days after applying online. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. 3 consecutive interviews from 3 people initially scheduled on-site, stopped after 2 people completed their interviews that ended up going long by roughly 50% each. HR contact and offer afterwards came from out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where you know with 100% certainty that your solution to a problem is correct, however your client refuses to accept the solution?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe to me what consulting truly is?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with people that absolutely do not want you to be there under any circumstances? How would you turn the situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was facilitated by a recruiter from HR. He led me to a conference room, where a series of interviewers talked to me one at a time. These were people from the team that had the opening, mostly, with the addition of one HR interviewer and one other employee.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee or coworker who wasn't getting their work done?   Answer Question

Manpower, Personnel, and Training Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by a face to face interview. The phone interview was pretty general and only took about 30 minutes. The face to face interview was more specific to the job I was interviewing for. I interviewed with three different managers and it took approximately two hours.

Interview Questions

• What MPT analysis process did you use in past analyses?   Answer Question

CyberSecurity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Because I was far away I had a phone interview. It was over an hour and I spoke with a couple of people from 3 or 4 teams. Booz interviews can be very intense so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• To describe my previous cybersecurity experience. Technical questions, specifically Linux command line questions.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Responsive staff with relaxed interviews.

Negotiation

Company was resistant.

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initially I spoke to a very nice lady from HR over the phone who setup the appointment at a mutually beneficial time. The interview itself was with a group of four people who would be the team they were hiring for. Not too many in depth technical questions but this might have been because this was only the first interview, I did not get the position. One thing, one of them asked that Googlish question of how many tennis balls can you fit in a 747. I hate those questions but I responded with a bunch of other questions about the 747. Which model? Is it hallowed out? Is it fueled up? Etc Etc. Who knows, maybe that's I didn't get the positions. (Joke)

Interview Questions

• The tennis balls & 747 question. I didn't expect this question mainly because I feel most people that ask those type of questions don't necessarily understand why they ask them. I don't think I would ask a question like this.   Answer Question