Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Booz Allen Hamilton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was behavioral and not very difficult. There are no case interview questions, mainly because the work is not really consulting but staff augmentation. I did a phone interview and three rounds of in person interviews before receiving an offer. The recruiter asked me ahead of time for my salary expectation but the offer was below the low end of my salary range. I negotiated for $5k more but that all they would budge. Know why you want to work for the company. Be able to clearly explain you past work experience using a problem solution results methodology.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to identify a problem and develop a solution with little guidance?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Booz Allen Hamilton?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone call with HR screening for basic qualifications, followed up with a scheduled interview. Interviews were about as described. They set you in an office, and people stop by to talk with you. Everyone was really friendly, and most of the topics kept to "Tell me about a time..." type of conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified an opportunity for process improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Well Organized with many people over the phone. Be prepared to explain in detail what you know and how you can help the firm. These people are smart, and can detect if you are trying to enhance your resume. Also do not expect annoying programming questions, you need to show them you an think.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of using git hub on the agile way on your last project. What made it agile? How did the process change over time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Referred by a co-worker, who was contacted by a recruiter. Had candid discussions with recruiter who gave me feedback on my answers and interests. Then I came in for an afternoon of three successive interviews, each about 20 minutes each (sort of like a speed dating). I received an offer thereafter, and negotiated some salary concessions from them.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in college. Simple interview process. They don't believe in case studies, for the most part. All behavioral, to get a sense for your experience, and whether or not you would be a good fit for the company. Not a hard interview process at all for college hires. Have heard of some departments putting college hires through case study interviews and excel modeling tests.

However, I will note, I went through a very backdoor process. That could have been why the interview was so easy.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.
      Why Consulting?
      Why Booz Allen Hamilton?
      Are you interested in relocating to Washington, DC?
      Tell me about a time you handled a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was definitely not the smoothest, though I do appreciate the help I've received from the recruiting team along the way. I started with a phone screening with a recruiter who then told me that they wanted to interview me the same week on site. The day before the interview the team cancelled my interview and then re-scheduled for the following Friday. While I understand that sometimes meetings and client obligations get in the way, recruiting and changing up interviewing schedules at the last minute is not a great first impression to make on a candidate. What was also frustrating is I did not receive the final details to the actual interview itself until two days before the interview. I was honestly beginning to think that BAH wanted to cancel and reschedule the interview again.

After the Interview was over I had received an offer that was significantly less than the range I had given the recruiter prior to the on-site interviews. I feel like I wasted a lot of time and energy in prepping and interviewing for a position that I was misled to believe had a higher compensation.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions such as why you're looking into opportunities with BAH and why you're leaving your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by the HR recruiter. We had a pleasant phone interview to review my resume and experience. I was told it was to be a panel interview but only one person showed up and apologized that others were too busy. Another called in for a separate interview. One of the interviewers said "I would be too expensive" for existing projects! I was a little taken aback, as I did not realize having superior expertise and experience was a negative for employment in a senior role.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to my background and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with interview team in a series of one on one interviews. Provided information about my background and experience and was given ample opportunity to ask questions along and get to know a little more about company culture along the way.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student wasn't able to understand a concept you were teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

About average in length but lots of questions. Once I got past the phone interview, was asked to do a face-to-face interview with a few people. Although the face-to-face interview was done in 1 day it was a very LONG day. Ended up meeting with 3-4 people .

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a situation in which an employee is right and the manager is wrong?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

first was a phone screen with the hiring manager and then an In person with the hiring manager. I do not remember anythign beyond that b/c it was in 2009 and this survey was force on me andi coudln't skip this part since it only let syou put back to 2013..