Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

168 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very approachable and friendly. I met with a senior leader during an information session adn scheduled an interview for immediately afterwards. It didn't feel like there were any trick questions or gotchas, it was all just trying to get a sense of what I wanted in a career and if that matched up with the work this team was doing.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, my background, interest in consulting, etc. No case studies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Had two initial phone interviews then was contacted by a recruiter for an in person interview at headquarters. This was very much like speed dating. Met with 3 different hiring managers in a large room with other applicants. Each interview was about 30 minutes long with behavioral/past work experience questions. The next week I received a verbal offer that Wednesday and a formal, written offer that Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Knoxville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

1st round interview started with a typical 30-45 minute behavioral interview with typical interview questions and descriptions of the job and company. 2nd round interview was a bit more intense, at the facility, with 3x 30 minute interviews back to back to back with heads of different departments. Interview questions were not out of the ordinary or anything tricky, pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an uncomfortable decision or deliver bad news as a manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called and emailed repeatedly by a recruiter that they were interested in my skills. Went in for an interview that was about 2 hours, speaking with several people (round-robin style interview) and seemed to go well. Then a few days later they said the position was filled by an "internal candidate" which seems shady, why would they bring all these people in and then just promote someone from within? However, they said they liked me and wanted me to interview for another position. So I went down there again a few weeks later, this time for 1.5 hours of interviews (one guy apparently was a no-show or he forgot) and after that.... silence.... didn't hear from the recruiter for 2 weeks. After emailing/calling her (won't mention her name) several times, finally she said they were still "making final decisions". After that I never heard anything. What an UNPROFESSIONAL company, I will not waste my time and will just ignore their emails from this point.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Really satisfied with this process. I was deployed at the time and they were very patient and understanding with the difficulties that posed. Three hour block/30 min each with who would be my boss and then 2 individuals above that person. Very nice people, asked good questions and answered mine very thoroughly. Couldn't have felt better about the process.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal work environment look like? What led you to apply for this job? What would you do in X situation? What did you do at X job that would prepare you for this one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to setup a brief phone call. They said that my background & skills fit the position well, and said that they would get back to me on any next steps. After I initiated two brief & polite follow ups, I did not receive any response, and the position is still open online with my application status "under review" one month later. This is the first time I have done a phone screening by any company's recruiter that did not result in any type of response.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with interview team in a series of one on one interviews. Provided information about my background and experience and was given ample opportunity to ask questions along and get to know a little more about company culture along the way.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student wasn't able to understand a concept you were teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, conference call based with site lead, regional and program management and program finance officer. Interview process consisted of three calls, each progressing with the management chain and difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client asked you to deliver something you did not think you could deliver.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone call with HR screening for basic qualifications, followed up with a scheduled interview. Interviews were about as described. They set you in an office, and people stop by to talk with you. Everyone was really friendly, and most of the topics kept to "Tell me about a time..." type of conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified an opportunity for process improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by the HR recruiter. We had a pleasant phone interview to review my resume and experience. I was told it was to be a panel interview but only one person showed up and apologized that others were too busy. Another called in for a separate interview. One of the interviewers said "I would be too expensive" for existing projects! I was a little taken aback, as I did not realize having superior expertise and experience was a negative for employment in a senior role.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to my background and experience.   Answer Question