Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.7

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Really satisfied with this process. I was deployed at the time and they were very patient and understanding with the difficulties that posed. Three hour block/30 min each with who would be my boss and then 2 individuals above that person. Very nice people, asked good questions and answered mine very thoroughly. Couldn't have felt better about the process.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal work environment look like? What led you to apply for this job? What would you do in X situation? What did you do at X job that would prepare you for this one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to setup a brief phone call. They said that my background & skills fit the position well, and said that they would get back to me on any next steps. After I initiated two brief & polite follow ups, I did not receive any response, and the position is still open online with my application status "under review" one month later. This is the first time I have done a phone screening by any company's recruiter that did not result in any type of response.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with interview team in a series of one on one interviews. Provided information about my background and experience and was given ample opportunity to ask questions along and get to know a little more about company culture along the way.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student wasn't able to understand a concept you were teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone call with HR screening for basic qualifications, followed up with a scheduled interview. Interviews were about as described. They set you in an office, and people stop by to talk with you. Everyone was really friendly, and most of the topics kept to "Tell me about a time..." type of conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified an opportunity for process improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by the HR recruiter. We had a pleasant phone interview to review my resume and experience. I was told it was to be a panel interview but only one person showed up and apologized that others were too busy. Another called in for a separate interview. One of the interviewers said "I would be too expensive" for existing projects! I was a little taken aback, as I did not realize having superior expertise and experience was a negative for employment in a senior role.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to my background and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was definitely not the smoothest, though I do appreciate the help I've received from the recruiting team along the way. I started with a phone screening with a recruiter who then told me that they wanted to interview me the same week on site. The day before the interview the team cancelled my interview and then re-scheduled for the following Friday. While I understand that sometimes meetings and client obligations get in the way, recruiting and changing up interviewing schedules at the last minute is not a great first impression to make on a candidate. What was also frustrating is I did not receive the final details to the actual interview itself until two days before the interview. I was honestly beginning to think that BAH wanted to cancel and reschedule the interview again.

After the Interview was over I had received an offer that was significantly less than the range I had given the recruiter prior to the on-site interviews. I feel like I wasted a lot of time and energy in prepping and interviewing for a position that I was misled to believe had a higher compensation.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions such as why you're looking into opportunities with BAH and why you're leaving your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview with recruiter, followed one week later by back to back 30-45 min conversations with two Principals from the group in a room with other candidates. Fairly basic.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I've just started the process. I received a call asking if I had a moment to speak. I was first asked to tell the recruiter about myself. I was also asked what my salary expectations were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Pretty standard. Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter in a different state who referred me locally. Phone screen, in person interview with 4 different people - 1 hr each. Job offer came about 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you like to know about this position or the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially spoke to a recruiter regarding different positions that are available. Was told there is an interest at the Rockville team. No movement for 3 weeks after that. Just when I had given up, I received a call and scheduled an interview the week after. Two one-on-one sessions, all behavioral questions. They were candid discussions on what I am looking for, and what I can bring to the table. Received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer that beat BAH's by 14k. I brought it up, and BAH increased theirs by 3k. Still 11k less, but I felt comfortable with the overall package.